Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay Pack for GH3

Options
  • 13-06-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Violet Hill, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and Yellow coming soon to your friendly neighbourhood XBL/PSN.
    The three-pack of songs includes the single "Violet Hill" from their upcoming album Viva la Vida, due out June 17th, along with two of the band's older tracks, "God Put a Smile Upon Your Face" form A Rush of Blood to the Head and "Yellow".

More on Kotaku

After getting stuck into Rockband, I'm finding it hard to get enthusiastic about 'just' playing guitar again.

Yellow is a great song, but pretty repetitive, GPASUYF has a nice enough riff and could be fun, and Violet Hill's guitar is is pretty non-descript until the solo, which kicks in about 2 mins into the song. There is a 40 second guitarless outro too, which seems pointless.

Shiver or Talk would have been better choices, imho.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Damn you! :mad:

Anyway I've moved onto rock band, Doolittle is coming out in two weeks \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ShaneU wrote: »
    Damn you! :mad:

??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mr E wrote: »
    ??

You beat me again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This offers little or no interest to me sadly, i always felt the guitar work in Coldplay was fairly bland anyway. But the chances are that's down to personal preference.

Now, if VAST release a pack, then i'll be happy, but i can't see that happening for love nor money :(

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I read somewhere that Maroon 5 is also coming to GH. Guitar Hero is seriously looking for a wider audience.

• Advertisement

Maroon 5's This Love (is that the name of it?) is one of the songs on Guitar Hero on Tour (the DS version, coming out in 2 weeks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

AAHAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAAAHAAAHAA!!!!! You freakin serious?! Coldplay? One of the most boring bands to ever become famous in recent times are going to be in GH? That just goes to show that neversoft got there hands on a good thing, grabbed a little too tightly and choked everything that was good about GH out.

Goodbye GH,

RIP.

The coldplay pack is available now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

coldplay are lethal, when is it out i havent seen it yet and ive just checked the store only a few minutes ago, by the way if its on the playstation store is it free?? or does it cost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Coldplay aren't renowned for their amazing guitars solos, riffs...i.e It will be shite to play on GH. Yeah you need to pay for them on both consoles.

Besides Rockband is where its at[/plug]

• Advertisement

Sorry I read it on Team XBox last night. Didn't actually load the game to confirm.
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16861/Guitar-Hero-III-Coldplay-Songpack-Available-Now/

Don't know about PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Its out on the PSN. Violet Hill = good, Yellow = Sh1te, GPASUYF = good.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

creggy wrote: »
    Coldplay aren't renowned for their amazing guitars solos, riffs...i.e It will be shite to play on GH. Yeah you need to pay for them on both consoles.

Besides Rockband is where its at[/plug]

the thing about rock band is that most people could think of better ways to spend 200 euro than buying one game that tbh its really only a game that can be played and really enjoyed with other people. yeah its ok on your own but to get everything out of it you have to have a group of people around playing. so i couldn't see myself spending 200 euro on one game. but thats just me....................................................................................................................................oh yeah and cold play suck one good song yellow and thats all.

Advertisement