Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hats off to the Mods and the 'Significant' Contributors on the LT debate.

Options
  • 13-06-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Just a note to say that I genuinely think we owe the Mods and the other main contributors a Debt of Gratitude for what was a very interesting run-up to the official end result today.

It was a blast, and we have a working model for LT2:)

What would be interesting to know is
    1 how many new board members it generated.
    2: what volume of traffic did it generate.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You may also be interested in The Unofficial Boards.ie Lisbon Debate Awards. Congrats to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wow, I got a mention, cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A very emotive issue but I enjoyed hearing the views from both sides and I thought people were pretty civil which was cool. I echo the OP's views.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Any chance of the next treaty including a clause to ban the use of Random Capitalisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

+1 to what the OP said. S/He said it better.

Too bad we didn't get the Debate forum thing going again for it, that could have been good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

While the standard of posting has plummetted in the last day (probably just due to increased traffic), before that it was the best on the internet, and indeed, outdid the mainstream media quite often (actually, I think boards was the single best resource out there).
    It could not have been done without excellent modding, and the current state of politics.ie is proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'd also like to thank everyone who posted there having done there own research into certain areas, like sink scofflaw etc. I hadn't had anywhere near as much time to research it myself, so having trustworthy voices, with both yes and no voters posting them, was an excellent resource to have.

Advertisement