Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance - Renewal

Options
  • 13-06-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My insurance is up for renewal in 2 months time, have done plenty of shopping around and quinn have come out the cheapest, but i've heard numerous horror stories of Quinn not wanting to pay out.

What companies do ye find give the best deals ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

It changes year to year, last few years it was FBD for me. I used a broker to get the cheapest deal then went back to FBD, they then matched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

I was checking for my Hubby,his renewal quote is 429.63
    he has 12 yrs ncb and no points.
    I went to best quote and got his insurance for 290
    bit of a difference!
    he rany his insurance company to tell them the good news!they said they would ring him back ,but I cant see it being matched!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Make sure the benifits are the same as the price your being quoted for your renewel. Different insurance companies offer different benifits.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

Try insure.ie
    Calling their landline usally gets a cheaper quote than doing it online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

My insurance is up for renewal in 2 months time, have done plenty of shopping around and quinn have come out the cheapest, but i've heard numerous horror stories of Quinn not wanting to pay out.

What companies do ye find give the best deals ?

Cheers.

As long as ya dont lie about anythin on your insurance, any claim from quinn will be paid out, and usually pretty quickly.

Contact a broker, see if they can get you a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I know a few people who have got best quote from this broker.
    http://www.dolmen-insurance.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I was checking for my Hubby,his renewal quote is 429.63
    he has 12 yrs ncb and no points.
    I went to best quote and got his insurance for 290
    bit of a difference!
    he rany his insurance company to tell them the good news!they said they would ring him back ,but I cant see it being matched!

just make sure theres nothing like e4000 excess on a new policy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ yeah, sounds like XS direct. Quinn have been the cheapest for me for years until this year. Hibernian beat them. But at the time I renwed my premium this year I was 25 which probably had something to do with that.

Advertisement