Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those who have emigrated or are considering it...

Options
  • 13-06-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone out there has, or is considering, emigrating alone or with their families. I know one family who have, but given how expensive Ireland is, and indeed the expected down turn in the economy, are more people activing seeking to emigrate??

I would love to hear from you if you have any thoughts or info on it...

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 LurkingLady

Not quite sure if it's a PI, but anyway..

I'll most probably be emigrating to Poland on my own later this year
    Originally was planning to go there and live with my Polish boyfriend but we've broken up a month ago and the plan went down the drain.

Boyfriend or no boyfriend, I'm still in love with the country itself and will go ahead with the plan - I'll just move to a different city.
    Not doing that for economical reasons - though, truth be told doing what I do (I'm a TEFL teacher) I'll have a higher standard of living than I do in Ireland. It's more for cultural reason - I want to experience something new, and, basically start life all over again.
    Sure, starting life from scratch in a different country is daunting and frightening but then again what isn't? And I believe an experience like that may be extremely rewarding as well

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Not a PI.
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement