Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuansgate apartment complex, nice hassle free?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm about to agree to a rental lease for 1 year. I'd like to hear any opinions on the complex and/or the area from anyone who knows about it. I don't know anyone in the area so I don't have many resources to check myself.

The apartment complex is Tuansgate in Tallaght, attached is a spar/hairdressers/bar.

Has any reading lived here previously or knows of someone? Can you give any opinions on the area/complex. Im obviously looking for a quiet enough, hassle free place that doesn't have people drinking in the public area's or 100 kids running around banging on doors.

Thanks.

Mods, please feel free to move this if its not in the correct forum. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is this the place that overlooks the Square multi-storey car park?

I imagine its quiet enough from the outside, but apartments near the roundabout probably suffer from noise from traffic, especially buses and the inevitable early morning trucks.

Of course, the residents might be another matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ash666

Yep, It's the over looks the carpark.

The noise seemed ok, we viewed it at peak times and the noise was very little. Good double glazing windows i guess.

Its the other residents we are concerned about. Heard from someone that its not the nicest place due to rowdy neighbours drinking/pissing off public passing by/kids running wild, so trying to look into it.

any commments/opinions welcomed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

ash666 wrote: »
    Yep, It's the over looks the carpark. The noise seemed ok, we viewed it at peak times and the noise was very little. Good double glazing windows i guess. Its the other residents we are concerned about. Heard from someone that its not the nicest place due to rowdy neighbours drinking/pissing off public passing by/kids running wild, so trying to look into it. any commments/opinions welcomef
    there's planning in place to develop the car park Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ash666

jdivision wrote: »
    there's planning in place to develop the car park Posted via Mobile Device

Im not sure to take that as a good thing or bad. Parking in the area may improve, but it does mean living next to a construction site for the next while.

our letting agency didnt know about the status of parking, so she will get back to us on monday about it. I didnt see any underground parking and I think leaving my car in the square parking lot over night is unsafe? Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The development is subject to a legal dispute to be heard later this year. The scale of what is proposed is massive, think about the fact you'll be awakened at 8am Monday to Saturday and also check the conditions of planning, could be that construction will be allowed til 10pm at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sujth

Any idea about tuansgate carpark in current situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'm not sure where that Tuansgate place is but I was in an apt complex(Priorsgate) just beside the Tallaght bypass(near Square) at the weekend and the noise from the traffic was absolute mental and thats with double glazing windows.

So watch out for the noise!!

Advertisement