Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with Route 66?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Had an Airis T920 with the Navtec Maps and Route 66 software and liked it. Would like to buy a route 66 device now but nobody wants to sell to me.

The "Buy Now" link on the Route 66 website has not been working for months. Was told by them that the Route 66 Maxi is not yet available for sale on their site. They said this to me twice, in April and in June. Basically, it was a sorry we don't have it and we aren't telling you when we will have it.

I understood that the Maxi and Mini were their new products, replacing the Chicago.

Found a single Maxi on Komplett. Needed two so asked McKomplett who said that the Maxi
    is "end of line" and they won't be getting any more.

mysatnav.ie had them, but not any more.

Are Route 66 Sat Navs still for sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

halfords have them for half price at the moment...

not sure how up to date maps are, ask for demo, walk outside for gps fix then browse maps and see if fermoy bypass is on it. also do a search for dublin port tunnell

i will check mine later and post back, as i have the latest r66 maps available at present sitting on a mini.

the mini IMO has a nicer user interface than the 920 BUT i prefer the 920 because i can manually ( as in FREE ) load in speed cam locations . You can then use the alarm function to alert you from a distance ( selectable) to sound off as you approach...invaluable

you can easily add downloadable sound files to the 920 also using activesync, and also you can load the point of interest files ( in csv format ) which you can get from www.poihandler.com { thanks to sharkmans sticky on top of this thread....have a read}

this CAN be done on the mini/maxi but you have to enter your pois as favourites, and its a little trickier to add the poi files and custom sounds ,because the mini/maxi does not have a dedicated pois folder in its file structure...

also if you PM, the very helpful ,krusty_clown he will send you on his database file of g**d* platforms in csv format to load onto your 920

all told, i find the 920 a better device...the mini crashes and freezes a lot due to the fact that the inbuilt sirf gps receiver goes to sleep when not in navigate mode.it does this to save the batt. this does not happen with the 920

but if you get one in halfords for half price then its prob good value for the maps alone.

Advertisement