Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hi folks,

I've moved into a house with one of these alarms. Anyone know how to change the date/time, and how to change the user code on it? Had an Aritech in the last house which was a doddle - I could do make these changes as a normal user, but on this yolk I can only seem to access the quick codes on the sticker on the door of the panel which don't allow me to do either of those things.

I just can't pay an alarm engineer to come out to change the time and the user code.

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

PauloMN wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've moved into a house with one of these alarms. Anyone know how to change the date/time, and how to change the user code on it? Had an Aritech in the last house which was a doddle - I could do make these changes as a normal user, but on this yolk I can only seem to access the quick codes on the sticker on the door of the panel which don't allow me to do either of those things.

I just can't pay an alarm engineer to come out to change the time and the user code.

Thanks for any help.

Your user manager is not set up so the only way is through engineering.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

altor wrote: »
    Your user manager is not set up so the only way is through engineering.

You mean to call out an alarm techie? Just to change the time?

Afraid so. Whoever installed the alarm never set this up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try default the system & reprogramme it. Thats what the engineer would have to do as well as change the time.

• Advertisement

koolkid wrote: »
    You could try default the system & reprogramme it. Thats what the engineer would have to do as well as change the time.

There are easier ways of changing the time and code without defaulting the panel ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you not going to share that with him.?;)
    If I were called out I would be setting everything up for him as well as a full service. I don't think any engineer would walk in change the code & back out in under a minute & expect €60- €70. I wouldn't.

Are you not going to share that with him.?;)
    If I were called out I would be setting everything up for him as well as a full service. I don't think any engineer would walk in change the code & back out in under a minute & expect €60- €70. I wouldn't.

If you defaulted the panel you would have to do set it up :rolleyes:
    He would not have access to do be able to do it my way. More than happy to talk through a default plus reprogram over the phone if he or she wants, no cost for that ;)

What does defaulting the panel involve? Does it involve reconfiguring all the zones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SnowDust

Hi Rich,

I have seen this happen for no reason. I would down power the alarm, wait 20 seconds, then power it back up. Sometimes clears the fault. Always be careful when working with electricity. If you turn off the mains, open the panel, then disconnect the battery. Leave for the 20 seconds. Reconnect the battery, enter your user code. close up panel then turn the mains back on.
    If this does not work you, your looking at replacing the keypad.

Let us know how you get on.

I did exactly what it says on the tin Altor. The outside alarm went off (I take it that is normal). I'm back to square 1, however, the front door RKP is now totally dead exept for noise interference from the internal speaker.
    Lokks like a callout to me icon8.gif

• Advertisement

What does defaulting the panel involve? Does it involve reconfiguring all the zones?

Yes it does, if you need any help feel free to ask :D

SnowDust wrote: »
    I did exactly what it says on the tin Altor. The outside alarm went off (I take it that is normal). I'm back to square 1, however, the front door RKP is now totally dead exept for noise interference from the internal speaker.
    Lokks like a callout to me icon8.gif

Think so SnowDust. I would have to say without looking at it the keypad is gone faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SnowDust

Think so SnowDust. I would have to say without looking at it the keypad is gone faulty.

Your dead right Altor......

Engineer came out this afternoon, fitted new RKP & configured it with 'the secret' eng code. €145 for the RKP + €60 callout...OUCH.

Anyway many thanks to you & all from a newbie.

Rich icon12.gif

SnowDust wrote: »
    Your dead right Altor......

Engineer came out this afternoon, fitted new RKP & configured it with 'the secret' eng code. €145 for the RKP + €60 callout...OUCH.

Anyway many thanks to you & all from a newbie.

Rich icon12.gif

Your welcome SnowDust,

At lease its working now. If the alarm is not serviced every year then you should of requested he set the engineer code to something you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wackojacko

HI
    I had this problem before but i cant get rid of the external bell tamper fault this time. i have tried putting resistor back in panel and defauting. any help thanks

Are you sure your using a 4k7 resistor ?

I used the resistor that came with the panel. even tried a resistor that was still in another new panel i had. i also tried one from ext bell. these should be the correct ones ya?

wackojacko wrote: »
    I used the resistor that came with the panel. even tried a resistor that was still in another new panel i had. i also tried one from ext bell. these should be the correct ones ya?

Yes, they are the correct ones. I would say you have a problem with the board.

Yes, they are the correct ones. I would say you have a problem with the board.

its a new panel. :(anything else i could try. how long do i leave the panel powered down for with the resistor in. whats the correct procedure

Its irrelevant when the resistor is put in. Powering down the panel only sorts out any software issues.
    Do you have access to a multi meter? There is one more thing you can try. (its a long shot. Don't get your hopes up)

• Advertisement

Its irrelevant when the resistor is put in. Powering down the panel only sorts out any software issues.
    Do you have access to a multi meter? There is one more thing you can try. (its a long shot. Don't get your hopes up)

ya i can get a multi meter. one more thing, i had the bell ringing and lights flashing ok. but fault was still there. i also tried resistor in first 2 screws with other 4 wires from bell wired into panel at the same time.

its a new panel. :(anything else i could try. how long do i leave the panel powered down for with the resistor in. whats the correct procedure

If it is a new panel it is more than likely the board. You are going to have to return it to HKC.

ya i can get a multi meter
    Set meter to DC voltage & check the voltage between Ext + & BHO .

Set meter to DC voltage & check the voltage between Ext + & BHO .
    It will be next week by the time i get back to it. What should i be hoping for/not hoping for. Whats the next step if voltage is correct.
    Thanks

If everything is allright it should read around 13vdc. If its not try taking the out the leg of the resistor from BHO & connecting it to permanant negetive.
    After that its the panel I would say.

ok so i replaced the panel.now when i power up the new panel and disarm, the external bell keeps going. the external bell tamper fault does not appear. the resistor in ext bell is the same as used in panel 4k7 . is this correct.
    thanks

Is the BHO connected at both the panel & the bell?
    Is the - & the bell - mixed up?

ok so i replaced the panel.now when i power up the new panel and disarm, the external bell keeps going. the external bell tamper fault does not appear. the resistor in ext bell is the same as used in panel 4k7 . is this correct.
    thanks

Have you got the external bell plus strobe wired in the proper way. Int to strobe, ext to ext ?

i followed the diagram so it should be wired correctly, is the 4k7 resistor alright so.

• Advertisement

i followed the diagram so it should be wired correctly, is the 4k7 resistor alright so.

Have you tested the cables going from the panel to the external bell ?
    Yes the resistor is correct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement