Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wackojacko

ya ran a new cable and rewired. tried a new ext bell also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

wackojacko wrote: »
    ya ran a new cable and rewired. tried a new ext bell also.

You should try it on a small length of cable beside the panel. You cant be that unlucky with faulty outputs on the panel.

problem could be that there is to much power being outputed with 4 pirs 3 keypads.im just experimenting with another panel. im not powering tamper bho cables from top 2 screws in panel but instead with the aux 12v in panel and this seems to power ext bell correctly. however if i use an external source for 12 v it does not work. how come.

im just experimenting with another panel.

What panel ?

sorry,hkc 8 zone same type of panel. just testing to see if this works at home on table

• Advertisement

There is more than enough power to work 4 pirs and 3 keypads. You do need the bell tamper connected to the panel.

Rang hkc they done voltage tests. There was a problem with this panel too. They helped me get out of it by wiring the ext bell negative into an output and programing this output as external bell and negative.
    thanks for help,hope this helps someone in future

Rang hkc they done voltage tests. There was a problem with this panel too. They helped me get out of it by wiring the ext bell negative into an output and programing this output as external bell and negative.
    thanks for help,hope this helps someone in future

You where very unlucky to get two panels with the same fault. At lease its sorted for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭david2002

Just wondering if anybody can help me sort this HKC alarm pad- my young son was messing with the control pad in the bedroom & whatever he did, the key pad now beeps several times when the alarm is switched off. It's as if he's recorded a message as the beeping is the sound of the keys being pressed. It's a nuisance as the noise sounds on the bedroom keypad hence if somebody is asleep when the alarm is switched off, they're woken! Ideas much appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Press the play button and see if it plays the beeps back to you.

• Advertisement

I would also check to see if one of the buttons on the keypad is pressed in to far.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭david2002

No, it doesn't play it back when I press play & no buttons stuck either.
    It's like a recording when the alarm is switched off. It sounds like the buttons being pressed so, I'm pretty sure the toddler recorded himself doing this!

david2002 wrote: »
    No, it doesn't play it back when I press play & no buttons stuck either.
    It's like a recording when the alarm is switched off. It sounds like the buttons being pressed so, I'm pretty sure the toddler recorded himself doing this!

If thats the case you might have to open the keypad. There is probably a button stuck causing the beeping noise. There is a screw at the bottom which you need to take out the press in the release button and prise it open. The alarm will sound but once you enter your code it will turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Hi, just wondering is it possible to turn off the "system unset" (etc) message when arming and disarming this alarm?

anyone know?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You will need the engineer code. Once you have that go in to device menu and then keypad options.
    If you do not have the code you could also put a small pot in line with the speaker to lower the volume or just tape over it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

From a DIY point of view the easiest way, if you don't have the engineer code, it to simply unplug the speaker from the keypad PCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

But then you don't get to hear exit entry timers, mains faults etc.

By lowering the volume you may still either hear it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ok thanks lads. I'll give it a go.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi Alter,

I have aritec alrm intsled at home. i am planing to change to HKC alarms. now i hvae the second hand unit. i dont have enginer code for these both alarms. can you please advice how can i reset the Aritec cs350 and HKC SW812. I am planing to do my self. Please Help me. thanks

• Advertisement

Are you planning to change from an Aritech CS350 to a HKC 8/12 .
    Thats a bit of a step sideways really. They are both old panels.

They can both be defaulted in the same manner if they are not engineer locked.
    Power down the system remove the mains power and the battery.
    Remove the factory link marked LK1
    Power up the panel again

Aritech Factory Codes
    User 1122
    Engineer 1278

HKC Factory Codes
    User 1111
    Engineer 4567

Hi koolkid,
    thanks for quick reply,

Can you explance once again. i dont have the engineer code. its enginer locked. i want to reset the whole system to defalt setting. and program it again . my own.

i heard from some one , if we remove the power the siren will start and we cant stop.

please help me how can go back to defalt factory setting and start with my own enginer code.
    thanks

hi koolkid,

again, what is mean by engineer locked? the factory code which you given , was i know and i tryed earlier. it is locked. i need to reset. let me know how it is? i can manage to re program it again with the help of manual.

please help me.

If the method mentioned above does not default the panel it is engineer locked & you will require an engineer to call out to restore the alarm.

hi koolkid,

if any opction to unlock the engineer lock. I dont want to spend more money. not only that , they will put the engineer lock again when they go.
    Can you pm you details. then i can talk to you. please let me know

There is no other option.

hi koolkid,

thank you.
    let me ask another doubt. my system is very old . there is no contact details on it, for the previous installer. if i call a new company or a engineer. how they can change the engineer code?

It involves either replacing the memory chip or a hard reset of the chip.
    Both require experience and a knowledge of the PCB.
    Some companies are not willing to do this so make sure you tell them the panel is locked.

hi koolid,

thanks for information.

one more last question. i was bit confusied abt the engineer code and engineer locked.

i have my own user code with me. how can i know it is enginer locked.?

if any issue , if i try to rest the system using power off and take of batteries as you advise earlier. i mean , alarm will went on always and we cant stop if we place back all?

please replay to me
    thanks

• Advertisement

If the method above works its not engineer locked , if it doesn't work it is.
    Either way either your existing code or the default code will disarm the system after you power it back up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement