Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

almeera wrote: »
    Hi Alter,

I have aritec alrm intsled at home. i am planing to change to HKC alarms. now i hvae the second hand unit. i dont have enginer code for these both alarms. can you please advice how can i reset the Aritec cs350 and HKC SW812. I am planing to do my self. Please Help me. thanks

If you cant get into either system send me a P.M. and I will default them for you. Even if either is engineer locked. The HKC securewave would be a better chioce but since you got it for free you cant complain :D
    The 8/12 will give you more functions than are available on the CS350 so I would defo swap them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi koolkid,

thanks for all your advice. i tryed to defalt. but its didnt work. it was engineer locked.

in the board the installed try to write the code in magic way.
    54321 this number was printed on the board for connection. he write 9 in the place of 5, and 6 in place of 3, in place of one he marked something i can read, its may be 4 or +. all his magic. i tryed loat of numbers. no use at all.

1. how many numbers will be there in the engineers code is it 5 or 4 ?
    2. you mentioned before, its need to replace the IC, which IC have to replace.? and is it available in mapline or where?
    3. I saw small one which can be pulled out, not solder. even if it is solder , i can resolder.
    do you know anything abt it. if you know give me some advice please.
    thanks.

Hi alter

I didnt able to do. it was engineer locked. PM sent. let me know what we can do.

altor wrote: »
    If you cant get into either system send me a P.M. and I will default them for you. Even if either is engineer locked. The HKC securewave would be a better chioce but since you got it for free you cant complain :D
    The 8/12 will give you more functions than are available on the CS350 so I would defo swap them out.

I will see what I can do ;)

Hi coolkid,

How was Xmas?

I have a quiery, HKC Alarm wiring , there is a resistance 4 k7, can please explance , what was the use of it ? why it it to be connected?

thanking you in advance

almeera

• Advertisement

No need to duplicate questions, Answer is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

hi altor,
    i am having trouble with my sabb box, when the alarm goes off, the led flash, but the siren doesn,t sound, i replaced the sabb box and it is still the same, i also replaced the fuses in the control panel. the siren does go off when i open the tamper on the sabb box, any suggestions as to what is going on.
    many thanks

Hi Sean, can you get a small length of cable and connect it to the external bell beside the panel to eliminate a problem with the cable going to the bell.
    Let me know how you get on.

thanks for reply, i connected up the old box with a short length cable and it worked perfectly. so it must be the cable bound to the box, and if so would cat 5 cable do to replace.

thanks for reply, i connected up the old box with a short length cable and it worked perfectly. so it must be the cable bound to the box, and if so would cat 5 cable do to replace.

For a self install, yes.

• Advertisement

thanks for relpy
    i connected the old box with a short length of lead to the panel, and it worked perfectly, i presume it was the cable that was faulty, and would a cat 5 do to replace it

thanks again altor for all your help. i wired up the old box as i said with a short lenght of cable from d panal and it worked perfect. however i wired up the new and old sabb with new cable and only the new box sounds when the alarm is activated. i think the battery in the old one is knackered as when i discrom the panal the siren didnt sound like the new one. canthe batteries be replaced

Sounds like more than the battery is gone in the old bell. It would still activate if connected to the panel when the alarm activates.

could i put the old box on my garage wall and just have the led's lighting as i have no feed from d panal in d garage and use a battery just to power d leds

Yes you could but a better solution would be to use a transformer for the power rather than the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Hi Altor and Koolkid,

Hope Im posting this in the right place. I have a HKC and have ongoing problems recently which are :

1. Alarm going off because of 2 faulty sensors in kitchen zones and front window zones. I have checked all sensors and dont see anything obvious.

2. Alarm goes off (internally)without system being armed. Happens any time of day or night. One of the faulty zones above always appears.

3. Now when I arm the system and return home, the panel does not buzz/ring like it used to before you enter in your code. I actually think the system is not arming properly anymore.

Obviously I have a problem sensor but having checked them all I dont see anything obvious. Lids are on tight and wiring looks ok.

Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to check that zone properly, with a multi meter, paying particular attention to the tampers.
    Try setting the system and see what displays on the screen.

setanta74 wrote: »
    Hi Altor and Koolkid,

Hope Im posting this in the right place. I have a HKC and have ongoing problems recently which are :

1. Alarm going off because of 2 faulty sensors in kitchen zones and front window zones. I have checked all sensors and dont see anything obvious.

2. Alarm goes off (internally)without system being armed. Happens any time of day or night. One of the faulty zones above always appears.

3. Now when I arm the system and return home, the panel does not buzz/ring like it used to before you enter in your code. I actually think the system is not arming properly anymore.

Obviously I have a problem sensor but having checked them all I dont see anything obvious. Lids are on tight and wiring looks ok.

Any thoughts?

When you set the alarm do you hear the entry/exit buzz also ?

altor wrote: »
    When you set the alarm do you hear the entry/exit buzz also ?

Yes, it buzzes when I set it but when I come back in....nothing!!

I will check those sensors with a multimeter Koolkid, thanks.

Just worried there is something more serious wrong with the system and not just faulty sensors.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try quick set and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Yes, it buzzes when I set it but when I come back in....nothing!!

I will check those sensors with a multimeter Koolkid, thanks.

Just worried there is something more serious wrong with the system and not just faulty sensors.

You should try down powering the alarm and powering it back up. It might clear any faults with the panel its self. Always turn off the mains going to the control panel before opening it. Disconnect the battery, leave for 15 seconds and power it back up. Just enter your user code to stop it ringing. You will still need to check for faulty sensors on the zones.

Ok thanks very much, will give it a go this weekend.

Just letting you guys know how I got on. I powered down the system and took out the battery etc. That didnt change anything.

I think now my front door sensor is not working, hence why the system doesnt buzz on re-entry??? I did a full set on the alarm and then opened that front door and then nothing :eek:

All other zones are working though and trigger the alarm when set.

So what Im left with I think, is a busted front door sensor or inhibited zone maybe?? and faulty sensor on one of my kitchen windows ( I have 4 of them)

I hope to get hold of a multi meter this weekend to check them all.

Any other insights?

Just letting you guys know how I got on. I powered down the system and took out the battery etc. That didnt change anything.

I think now my front door sensor is not working, hence why the system doesnt buzz on re-entry??? I did a full set on the alarm and then opened that front door and then nothing :eek:

All other zones are working though and trigger the alarm when set.

So what Im left with I think, is a busted front door sensor or inhibited zone maybe?? and faulty sensor on one of my kitchen windows ( I have 4 of them)

I hope to get hold of a multi meter this weekend to check them all.

Any other insights?

It sounds like you have a sticky contact on the front door. If you open the contact and remove the cables you could test it this way before you buy another one in case there is any problem with the cable.

There is also a user walk test on your alarm you could use. If you enter 0#3 on the keypad. Walk test all your sensors then enter your user code to stop the walk test but you will need the meter to check out the kitchen sensors for faults if they keep activating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eoin2011

Hi all,

I have a HKC securewatch alarm system and have some problems:

3 messages appear on the small screen.

1. Comms fault.........does keypad need replacing?

2.Int Bell Fuse...........change the fuse?

3. T1 EE front door......not sure!

Also the fault light (orange) is constantly on.

Any help much appreciated as this is an expensive time of the year! cheers

First thing to do is turn off the mains to the control panel. Open the control panel and disconnect the battery. Change internal bell fuse. Power the alarm back up on the battery. Close up control panel then turn the mains back on.
    The tamper is open on the front door, you need to fix to stop this appearing.

thanks alot for the speedy reply il try that and get back to you :)

Your welcome, more than happy to help :D

hi Altor,

I tried that and the bell went off. i put in my code to turn it off.

The display now reads......comms fault, battery fault any ideas?

Cheers

• Advertisement

sorry the orange fault light is still constantly on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement