Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

eoin2011 wrote: »
    hi Altor,

I tried that and the bell went off. i put in my code to turn it off.

The display now reads......comms fault, battery fault any ideas?

Cheers

Does it give any more info to what the comms fault is, do you know what type sensors you have on the system ?
    The battery need to be replaced in the alarm also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eoin2011

im not sure what type of sensors i can check tomorrow.

No just comms fault no more info.

I will get a battery on monday and change it hopefully that will do it...

thanks!

eoin2011 wrote: »
    im not sure what type of sensors i can check tomorrow.

No just comms fault no more info.

I will get a battery on monday and change it hopefully that will do it...

thanks!

Also have you got a text dialer on the system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi altor,

I want to install a PIR at home. It has 8 - output terminals ( honeywell).

1 - EOL

2 - TAMPER
    3 - TAMPER

4 - RELAY
    5 - RELAY

6 - EOL

7 - +12V
    8 - - V

Can you explane how these connecions will take place ?
    thanks

almeera wrote: »
    Hi altor,

I want to install a PIR at home. It has 8 - output terminals ( honeywell).

1 - EOL

2 - TAMPER
    3 - TAMPER

4 - RELAY
    5 - RELAY

6 - EOL

7 - +12V
    8 - - V

Can you explane how these connecions will take place ?
    thanks

Without knowing the type of PIR you have I hope this helps as Honeywell make a lot of different types of PIRS.

It your not using resistors connect the tamper up with BLUE-YELLOW, alarm(relay) GREEN-WHITE, power RED-BLACK.

Some PIRs have a link that can be connected to the resistor value so if your PIR has these put the link over the 4k7, It will save you putting resistors.

If you want to set it up for dual end of line you will need two 4k7 resistors. GREEN in tamper terminal, one resistor leg in tamper, two twisted resistor legs in alarm terminal (relay) white with resistor leg in alarm (relay), power RED-BLACK.

Also if you set the PIR up for dual end of line make sure to change the zone hardware to suit in the panel. It is in the zone menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Ignore connections 1 and 6. 4 and 5 connect to alarm and 2 and 3 connect to tamper and 7 and 8 connect to to + - aux power

Hi Altor , Jenealon

Thank you for your reply.

The PIR was Honeywell , (model. ACTIV8 PIR)

I connected – not using the resistors

PIR tamper 2 & 3 connected to the Tamper out in HKC1070 control panel

PIR Relay 4 & 5 connected to the Zone (no. 5) in HKC1070 control panel

PIR +12V- 7 & 8 connected to 12 v AUX in HKC1070 control panel.

The PIR is sensing, means the LED is detecting the motion, but its not triggering, when we walk after arming.

Do i have to do some program in the panel?

Can you please find a solution.

thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you check open zones & open tampers is zone 5 closed?
    Is Zone 5 programmed as alarm & is zone hardware programmed for Non EOL?

Hi koolkid

there is no open zone or tamper

the zone is programed as NON EOL

thanks

sorry , ididnt get you, zone 5 has to program as alarm ? what is it mean.

hadwire is programed as NON EOL.

• Advertisement

Hi koolkid,

i checked , zone 5 is in ALARM

now what will do? what will be the cause?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Open the PiR and close off the tamper pair. Disconnect the alarm pair & leave them seperated. Does zone 5 show open now?
    If so put back on walk test & close & open the alarm pair.

Hi Altor , Jenealon

Thank you for your reply.

The PIR was Honeywell , (model. ACTIV8 PIR)

I connected – not using the resistors

PIR tamper 2 & 3 connected to the Tamper out in HKC1070 control panel

PIR Relay 4 & 5 connected to the Zone (no. 5) in HKC1070 control panel

PIR +12V- 7 & 8 connected to 12 v AUX in HKC1070 control panel.

The PIR is sensing, means the LED is detecting the motion, but its not triggering, when we walk after arming.

Do i have to do some program in the panel?

Can you please find a solution.

thanks

If there is a cross connection when wiring up the pir this would cause it not to activate in walk test or when it goes into alarm. If you disconnect the cable in the pir and test the zone this way it will show if there are any issues with the cable going to the pir or the pir itself.

Hi friends,

You guys are doing great job. At last PIR start working. !!!!! Thank You Again !!!!!

PIR is working now, but i am not getting time after arming and move out. It will sense and trigger the alarm. what I have chose in the zone programs. For getting time to go out . or what will be the program setting for PIR.

Please let me know.

thank you again for all of you.

Hi friends,

You guys are doing great job. At last PIR start working. !!!!! Thank You Again !!!!!

PIR is working now, but i am not getting time after arming and move out. It will sense and trigger the alarm. what I have chose in the zone programs. For getting time to go out . or what will be the program setting for PIR.

Please let me know.

thank you again for all of you.

You will need to go into the zone options and select the zone the pir is on, scroll through till you see access and select yes ;)

Also if you want the beam off in part set A or B it is done in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

hi guys
    my internal siren has stopped working and i bought a new hkc one. the siren istlled previous was a cheap siren with 2 wires back to the panal. however the new hkc one has a tamper and im wondering where in d panal do i wire the 2 tamper wires to.
    any help would be great.

Connect to Aux Tamper or series in with TR on the external bell.

thanks for d reply
    where is the aux tamper on d board

hi guys
    my internal siren has stopped working and i bought a new hkc one. the siren istlled previous was a cheap siren with 2 wires back to the panal. however the new hkc one has a tamper and im wondering where in d panal do i wire the 2 tamper wires to.
    any help would be great.

Hi sean,

The easiest option would be to put it on a tamper zone if you have one free, otherwise connect it in series with the external bell tamper.

Hi Altor,

Thanks MAN

I managed with PIR. Its working perfect.

Once again THANKING ALL OF THE FOURM ADVICES.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,

Thanks MAN

I managed with PIR. Its working perfect.

Once again THANKING ALL OF THE FOURM ADVICES.

Good to hear almeera, all easy when you know how :D

thanks altor
    so i just wire d resistor across the tamper in the siren and then just the one wire into the Tamper return where the tamper from the external bell on the panal

thanks altor
    so i just wire d resistor across the tamper in the siren and then just the one wire into the Tamper return where the tamper from the external bell on the panal

Hi Sean,

Leave the external bell as is with the resistor in it. Disconnect the tamper return in the control panel. Join the tamper off the internal siren in series with the tamper return. All you are doing is joining one leg to this cable and connect the other leg back into the tamper return in the control panel.

Hi friends,

unit hkc 1070

I have a new query, please reply to this.

when i open control panel or open any sensor, its not alarming its decting the tamper. the key pad will make a warning sound. but not arming the internal or external sonders

what I have to do in programming to change to alarm immediately for internal tamper.

please let me know

thank you

Hi friends,

unit hkc 1070

I have a new query, please reply to this.

when i open control panel or open any sensor, its not alarming its decting the tamper. the key pad will make a warning sound. but not arming the internal or external sonders

what I have to do in programming to change to alarm immediately for internal tamper.

please let me know

thank you

Yes, that is the way it works. You need to enter your code on the keypad to acknowledge the alarm event to turn it off.

hi alter,
    Thanks for the reply

but its not alarming the sounders. its only buzzer the key pad. my previous alarm , when ever I open the control panel box it will alarm the sounders. Then i have to enter the code.

In this case its make buzzer the keypad. Not he sounders. When i ender the code the buzzer will stop. Says about the tamper

I am looking to get the sounders also start sounding. If any solution

hi alter,
    Thanks for the reply

but its not alarming the sounders. its only buzzer the key pad. my previous alarm , when ever I open the control panel box it will alarm the sounders. Then i have to enter the code.

In this case its make buzzer the keypad. Not he sounders. When i ender the code the buzzer will stop. Says about the tamper

There is no solution that I know of almeere, the panel is set up this way by default. I will find out tomorrow if there is a way around this for a self installed alarm.

Is there the option to programme an output as tamper neg and use that to trigger the internal?

hi alter,
    Thanks for the reply

If you default the alarm to the IS.199 standard it will allow the alarm ring on both bells for a tamper. If you change the work to EN50131 to NO it will ring the internal bell plus only at night ring the outside bell.
    EN50131 prohibits the bells ringing for a local tamper.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Yes you could but a better solution would be to use a transformer for the power rather than the battery.
    thanks altor for all your help where in the sabb box do i wire the transformer into so as the leds operate as normal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement