Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

thanks altor for all your help where in the sabb box do i wire the transformer into so as the leds operate as normal?

Hi Sean,

If you connect it to the external bell + - in the external bell this will give you the flickering lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

thanks altor
    i will connect to this as u said and let u know. thanks for all your help

thanks altor
    i will connect to this as u said and let u know. thanks for all your help

Always happy to help Sean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

setanta74 wrote: »
    Hi Altor and Koolkid,

Hope Im posting this in the right place. I have a HKC and have ongoing problems recently which are :

1. Alarm going off because of 2 faulty sensors in kitchen zones and front window zones. I have checked all sensors and dont see anything obvious.

2. Alarm goes off (internally)without system being armed. Happens any time of day or night. One of the faulty zones above always appears.

3. Now when I arm the system and return home, the panel does not buzz/ring like it used to before you enter in your code. I actually think the system is not arming properly anymore.

Obviously I have a problem sensor but having checked them all I dont see anything obvious. Lids are on tight and wiring looks ok.

Any thoughts?

Hi Guys,
    Im back again without much success on my alarm issues. Tried the removing the battery thing and quick sets etc. Called a few alarm companies and only 1 bothered to call out.

He is telling me I need to pay €600 for an upgrade to my system (before any replacement sensors which I know are definately faulty)

Says the upgrade is needed to comply with certain standards and the fact he doesnt have engineer codes. My alarm is the HKC securewatch and it was installed in the house in 2004. He says the internal bell shouldnt be beside the control panel which it is in a built in wardrobe) and that the panel must be moved.

Im very dubious as Im convinced its just faulty sensors on the kitchen windows and now the front door. He didnt even check these when he called out.

The alarm is constantly going off now internally without being armed showing the same tamper on the kitchen windows.

Im trying another company but for some reason most of these guys are not too pushed about calling out.

Any ideas or thoughts how I can just stop the alarm going off in the meantime until I get a decent engineer?

Am I being ripped off with that quote of €600 ( says €300 labour and €155 control panel and €55 external strobe unit, which seems ok to me as I tested it by the way)

Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Hi Guys,
    Im back again without much success on my alarm issues. Tried the removing the battery thing and quick sets etc. Called a few alarm companies and only 1 bothered to call out.

He is telling me I need to pay 600 for an upgrade to my system (before any replacement sensors which I know are definately faulty)

Says the upgrade is needed to comply with certain standards and the fact he doesnt have engineer codes. My alarm is the HKC securewatch and it was installed in the house in 2004. He says the internal bell shouldnt be beside the control panel which it is in a built in wardrobe) and that the panel must be moved.

Im very dubious as Im convinced its just faulty sensors on the kitchen windows and now the front door. He didnt even check these when he called out.

The alarm is constantly going off now internally without being armed showing the same tamper on the kitchen windows.

Im trying another company but for some reason most of these guys are not too pushed about calling out.

Any ideas or thoughts how I can just stop the alarm going off in the meantime until I get a decent engineer?

Am I being ripped off with that quote of 600 ( says 300 labour and 155 control panel and 55 external strobe unit, which seems ok to me as I tested it by the way)

Thanks for any advice.

It is a bit expensive, upgrades can start from 400

I would get alarm serviced and if upgrade is needed offset cost of callout against it

It

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

He is telling me I need to pay €600 for an upgrade to my system (before any replacement sensors which I know are definately faulty)

Am I being ripped off with that quote of €600 ( says €300 labour and €155 control panel and €55 external strobe unit, which seems ok to me as I tested it by the way)

Thanks for any advice.

I dont understand why the engineer can just fix the issues with your alarm system. He would only need the engineer code if there was a tamper reset on the alarm. Even so he should know how to default the panel even if engineer locked.

€600 sounds expensive for an upgrade, as Jnealon said, its more like €400 up but with not knowing other jobs that he is pricing in for its hard to tell. Why does he want to change the external bell ?

I think your best option is to get a few installers in to have a look over the system you have. I would think its more to do with a sensor than the control panel he is looking to replace.

You could take the zone off the system till you can get it fixed but please be aware this zone wont activate the alarm if set.

Thanks for confirming what I had been thinking but is there some sort of industry or insurance requirement not to have the control panel located beside the internal bell?

Thats what yer man told me and he said to conform to a certain standard he had to move the control panel and this was causing most of the labour cost.

He said the control panels are supposed to be hard to find????

Thanks for confirming what I had been thinking but is there some sort of industry or insurance requirement not to have the control panel located beside the internal bell?

Thats what yer man told me and he said to conform to a certain standard he had to move the control panel and this was causing most of the labour cost.

He said the control panels are supposed to be hard to find????

The alarm system that you have installed is not up to standards so regardless of where the internal bell is wont make any difference. Yes, if he is certifying a new alarm system for you then he should be bringing the whole system up to standards. If the alarm you have installed can be fixed then there is no need for this extra work, not unless you want the system brought up to the standards of today. The control panel is the brains of your alarm system so should be hard to find if possible.

Thought you may be interested to know I now have a fully functioning working alarm. Got a 2nd opinion and this engineer said my alarm is up to standard and all that was wrong with it was a couple of faulty sensors/tampers that he replaced.

Cost €80 for an hour and a quarter. And yes this engineer is fully certified and was an absolute professional.

It appears the first guy tried to rip me off. Glad I shopped around and thank you guys for your advice in here.

Thought you may be interested to know I now have a fully functioning working alarm. Got a 2nd opinion and this engineer said my alarm is up to standard and all that was wrong with it was a couple of faulty sensors/tampers that he replaced.

Cost €80 for an hour and a quarter. And yes this engineer is fully certified and was an absolute professional.

It appears the first guy tried to rip me off. Glad I shopped around and thank you guys for your advice in here.

Good to hear you have the alarm working properly again.
    It is always best to get a few opinions. It did sound like he was looking for an easy upgrade for himself but you still would of had to replace the faulty sensors.
    €80 compared to the €600 also saved you more than a few quid.

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I wonder can anyone help me. I am going to pick up a HKC GSM-P - I just wanted to confirm first that you can control the alarm (set, unset etc) as well as control lights & heating at the same time?

I see someone mentioning defaulting it for home automation? Does that mean the alarm element of the unit is lost or can the alarm still be set?

I take it its just a matter of running an output off the unit to a relay and then onto the lights?

Any replies much appreciated,
    Thanks,
    B

Hi Everyone,

I wonder can anyone help me. I am going to pick up a HKC GSM-P - I just wanted to confirm first that you can control the alarm (set, unset etc) as well as control lights & heating at the same time?

I see someone mentioning defaulting it for home automation? Does that mean the alarm element of the unit is lost or can the alarm still be set?

I take it its just a matter of running an output off the unit to a relay and then onto the lights?

Any replies much appreciated,
    Thanks,
    B

That is correct. The reason it needs to be set this way is to get the outputs set up for the lights, heat and so on. It will still work for remote access plus monitoring of your alarm system.

Any problems, let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sdante

Hi, what do I need to do before removing the cover of my SecureWatch? I know I need to power down but will the battery mean that the tamper alarm is triggered anyway?

sdante wrote: »
    Hi, what do I need to do before removing the cover of my SecureWatch? I know I need to power down but will the battery mean that the tamper alarm is triggered anyway?

Yes, that is correct providing the battery is working. If the battery is dead the alarm keypad will go blank and the outside bell will ring. There is nothing you can do about this until mains or battery is reapplied to the control panel. When you open the control panel the alarm will activate, when it does simply put your user code in at the keypad to turn it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sdante

altor wrote: »
    Yes, that is correct providing the battery is working. If the battery is dead the alarm keypad will go blank and the outside bell will ring. There is nothing you can do about this until mains or battery is reapplied to the control panel. When you open the control panel the alarm will activate, when it does simply put your user code in at the keypad to turn it off.

Thanks. Is this compatible with Model 610?

sdante wrote: »
    Thanks. Is this compatible with Model 610?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭timex711

hi, i have a problem with my alarm,

i am trying to put on the alarm that allows everyone to stay at home at nighttime, everytin without sensors. when i put in the code it says "access denied"

but when i try the alarm when nobody is here that works perfectly,

now on the panel its showing up z11pin hall.

what should i do?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What code are you entering that it says Access Denied?

its the code so that everyone can stay in the house, 0#5, that one doest work

the 0#4 one ( nobody in the house) works fine

timex711 wrote: »
    its the code so that everyone can stay in the house, 0#5, that one doest work

the 0#4 one ( nobody in the house) works fine

0#7 and 0#8 are the two part sets on this system. This is dependent on the installer setting it up, let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

what do u advise i do? it seems to be looking for a 6 numbered user code? whats that

what do u advise i do? it seems to be looking for a 6 numbered user code? whats that

If you enter 0#7 or 0#8 it will look for your user code to set the system.
    Try that and walk in front of any PIRs you have installed to see if they are omitted from the system in part set.

thanks for the help, ill try it when i get home.. do you know why its coming up on the apnel ready to arm , but then it comes up z11pir hall?

thanks for the help, ill try it when i get home.. do you know why its coming up on the apnel ready to arm , but then it comes up z11pir hall?

Yes, if you walk in front of a PIR it will open the zone in the control panel. This will be indicated on the keypad. Ready to arm means the zones are closed.

i just tried 0#7 there and it just said system arming, and on the panel it kept saying system arming, them the alarm light went red so i just put in the code

i just tried 0#7 there and it just said system arming, and on the panel it kept saying system arming, them the alarm light went red so i just put in the code

Yes, you are setting the system for part set which is correct. When it arms can you walk in front of the PIRs to see if they are taken out of the system in part set.

and if the alarm goes off, i obviously use the other one, 0#8 for at nightime?

and if the alarm goes off, i obviously use the other one, 0#8 for at nightime?

I would try both. For the part set to work it would of needed to be set up by the original installer but if he installed a PIR or two then he should of set it up.

so you recommend, settin the 0#7 and wait for that to arm, then 2 seconds after set the 0#8 alarm is it? sorry for the quuestions, but your helping me out her and i appreciate it

• Advertisement

so you recommend, settin the 0#7 and wait for that to arm, then 2 seconds after set the 0#8 alarm is it? sorry for the quuestions, but your helping me out her and i appreciate it

Depending on how they are set up will determine which one to use, only one of them might be set up.
    Try both to see if they work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement