Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

hi altor
    thanks for the reply regarding smartlink7. I have a question and would like your expertise on it. what do you think about the talk in the papers recently regarding the use of gsm jammers by burglers to basically render ones gsm alarm useless? Do you think it would be worth while to install a radio telemetry system which cannot be manipulated? also can these systems if you do know be incorporated into the hkc secure watch system? thanking you in advance for your expertise and help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

GSM jamming is worrying, We only use it if the customer confirms they are aware of the risks & are still happy to use it.
    Any system can be used with Telemetry Radio, but its expensive.

ya there seems to be an increase in the numbers of jammers being used. is there any disadvantages associated the radio telemetry? what do you do just replace the gsm unit with one of the radio units? can you still use your gsm unit for home automation? what would a unit cost to supply and install? thanks for the swift reply koolkid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi altor
    thanks for the reply regarding smartlink7. I have a question and would like your expertise on it. what do you think about the talk in the papers recently regarding the use of gsm jammers by burglers to basically render ones gsm alarm useless? Do you think it would be worth while to install a radio telemetry system which cannot be manipulated? also can these systems if you do know be incorporated into the hkc secure watch system? thanking you in advance for your expertise and help.

Hi Sean,
    I have not seen the article, any links to it?
    All systems that carry a frequency can be manipulated in some way, the radio monitoring is more secure though. I am not going to tell you how it is done. Lets just say it would take military equipment to do. Worth the money, yes, as it is not going to be blocked to easily.
    Yes, it uses the outputs off the system to connect to the radio.
    ya there seems to be an increase in the numbers of jammers being used. is there any disadvantages associated the radio telemetry? what do you do just replace the gsm unit with one of the radio units? can you still use your gsm unit for home automation? what would a unit cost to supply and install? thanks for the swift reply koolkid

Radio is more secure. There are more advantages than using other methods to have your alarm monitored. Depending on the GSM you have installed. You can still use the HKC GSM for home automation and remote access to the panel with a radio installed. They cost mad money to buy, install and have monitored.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link Sean,

Interesting comments at the end from Alarm Control 24, they seem to have changed there view since I was last talking to them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Sean,

Interesting comments at the end from Alarm Control 24, they seem to have changed there view since I was last talking to them.

In what way?

KoolKid wrote: »
    In what way?

They said it cant be blocked but now they admit it can.

Everthing is possible. Never say never...;)

KoolKid wrote: »
    Everthing is possible. Never say never...;)

You and I agree on that, good to see they do also :D

• Advertisement

hi guys
    why am i getting panal communicationsn fault when i txt the alarm. i checked all connections and they all ok. cannot access gsm menu either fron rkp. any ideas

hi guys
    why am i getting panal communicationsn fault when i txt the alarm. i checked all connections and they all ok. cannot access gsm menu either fron rkp. any ideas

Hi Sean,
    Are the two lights flickering away on the plug on cards?
    Have you tried down powering the system and powering it back up?

hi altor
    i powered down the system and powered back up and the 2 lights flicker once and thats it.

hi altor
    i powered down the system and powered back up and the 2 lights flicker once and thats it.

If they are only flickering once then you may have a problem with the GSM. For some reason it is not communicating with the panel.
    Can you just disconnect the GSMs power leave it a few seconds and reapply the power.

just tried that. the lights flicker about every 20 seconds on the gsm unit but are not flickering on the panal side

just tried that. the lights flicker about every 20 seconds on the gsm unit but are not flickering on the panal side

Can you run in a new cable?

i could and just connect them to the 485 comms cards ya

i could and just connect them to the 485 comms cards ya

Yes, just to try rule out any problem.

i put in new wire, handy as they are side by side. still the same tho and i still cannot access the gsm menu on the rkp

i put in new wire, handy as they are side by side. still the same tho and i still cannot access the gsm menu on the rkp

Problem with the GSM so Sean.

• Advertisement

would defaulting the panal by jp1 make any difference. i know id have to input all info again tho

would defaulting the panal by jp1 make any difference. i know id have to input all info again tho

It might Sean and will do no hard if you want to give it a go but I would suspect the GSM as the problem.

how does that go again,power down the panal and remove jp1 is it

how does that go again,power down the panal and remove jp1 is it

That's correct, down power mains and battery, remove the link and power back up. Keypad should give the option to default if engineer lock is not enabled. Replace link when done.

hi altor
    i defaulted the panal and can get as far as the dialler manu. i then put in engineer code and verify it and i get message successful. but thats as far as i can get. any ideas. sorry to keep hassling you

Still sounds like a problem with the GSM communicating with the control panel.

what do you recommend altor. new one

A repair if possible, how old is it?

4 years old, what get someone to call to look at it or send it too HKC

• Advertisement

4 years old, what get someone to call to look at it or send it too HKC

You will need an engineer to send it to HKC. I would also get the engineer to flash your system with the latest software while he is there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement