Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

ista wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

The sensors I'm using are GE type part no. NX-450N-I RF32014-N 433MHZ wireless type. The Securewatch panel is reading 'zone 7 garage' and the quickbridge zone 8 output is on registering a 'tamper'-default for this zone. Everything seems to be set up correctly and sensors set to n/c. Not sure where to go next????

Ista.

Hi ista,

Just set it up on an old HKC panel there and got the same results as you. It seems it wont work the way it is meant to. Anyway the way around this is to leave one leg of the resistor in the alarm and put the double leg of the resistors into the other side of alarm. Put the cable from the quickbridge around the other single leg. Change the quickbridge zone your using to n/o for that zone and it works. As for the quickbridge zone 8 output is on registering a 'tamper'-fault for this zone the light stayed on for me too but the alarm set with no problems. It has to do with the cover and antenna but will only go off if you learn a sensor into that zone.

Hope this helps, any problems let me know..

I had that on alarm all night with 3 other sensors, deleted the one i put on zone 8 to get the light off and everything works with no problems ista. Hope it works for you now, let me know how you get on.

Best regards,

Altor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ista

Hey Altor,

Yeah that works fine now, I'm using the first two zones on the quickbridge. The tamper output light is still illuminated on zone 8 but it isn't causing an issue with the alarm. If I teach in a sensor into zone 8 and delete it again, it will kill the light??? Anyway, you've been a great help...yet again.

Many Thanks,
    Ista.

ista wrote: »
    Hey Altor,

Yeah that works fine now, I'm using the first two zones on the quickbridge. The tamper output light is still illuminated on zone 8 but it isn't causing an issue with the alarm. If I teach in a sensor into zone 8 and delete it again, it will kill the light??? Anyway, you've been a great help...yet again.

Many Thanks,
    Ista.

Thanks ista,

I am happy it is all working for you now. I tried doing that but the light came back on when i deleted the sensor but it is not causing any issues so i would leave it as it is :)

Best regards,

Altor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Garphil

I am trying to locate the internal bell fuse in my HKC system after an alarm activation control panel shows [int bell fuse] and yellow fault light is staying on.Alarm still working except internal bell [hi-deci siren] I am assuming a fuse needs to be replaced any ideas???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wackojacko

i had a similar problem with fuse. there is 4 fuses on board at top. one of them has blown. it should be visible which one.

Garphil wrote: »
    I am trying to locate the internal bell fuse in my HKC system after an alarm activation control panel shows [int bell fuse] and yellow fault light is staying on.Alarm still working except internal bell [hi-deci siren] I am assuming a fuse needs to be replaced any ideas???

Yes, this is correct. There is a diagram on the board showing which fuse is which..

Thanks for the advise lads I should have said that I had checked the fuses in the main panel and they are ok,thought there must be another fuse somewhere in the line between buzzer,fusebox,and main panel or the fault can be rectifed with a code on control panel??

Thanks for the advise lads I should have said that I had checked the fuses in the main panel and they are ok,thought there must be another fuse somewhere in the line between buzzer,fusebox,and main panel or the fault can be rectifed with a code on control panel??

Hi Garphil,

In some comfort buzzers there is a fuse so that could of blown. This would explain the fuse in the panel still working. Let me know if this is your problem..

Best regards,

Altor.

Hi ALtor
    I decided to replace all 4 fuses on the board just in case it appears to have done the trick, fault light is gone out on keypad and it no longer shows bell fuse message Happydays. Thanks for all your help I hope I can return the favour sometime.

• Advertisement

Hi ALtor
    I decided to replace all 4 fuses on the board just in case it appears to have done the trick, fault light is gone out on keypad and it no longer shows bell fuse message Happydays. Thanks for all your help I hope I can return the favour sometime.

Thats good, if you ever have any problems just ask..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 burgerland

i installed an internal bell on my hkc 8/12 alarm panel,but i now have an error code " no rkp comms.." showing on the RKP.i checked the fuses on the control panel, and fuse f2 for auxiliary 12v was blown. i replaced this but still have error code.i tried disconnecting all power for a minute but error code is still showing.any help appreciated!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check all the keypad connections. You may need to reinstall the keypad.
    Do you have engineer access?

thanks for the reply,ive disconnected keypad and installed it up at the control panel to eleminate any wiring issues.i have engineer access,but cannot enter any commands into keypad as it seems to be locked, its just showing the flashing "no rkp comms" error code, with the orange led fault light on.

ive also tried resetting panel by disconnecting power and removing jp1 jumper and reconnecting power but to no avail.

burgerland wrote: »
    i installed an internal bell on my hkc 8/12 alarm panel,but i now have an error code " no rkp comms.." showing on the RKP.i checked the fuses on the control panel, and fuse f2 for auxiliary 12v was blown. i replaced this but still have error code.i tried disconnecting all power for a minute but error code is still showing.any help appreciated!

Hi burgerland,

NO RKP COMMS relates to the data wire from the panel to the keypad. If you have connected the keypad to the panel on a different cable plus defaulted the panel there might be a problem with the software on the panel.
    Is the LED on the panel flashing on and off ?
    Is this the original keypad that was on the alarm ?

ive also tried resetting panel by disconnecting power and removing jp1 jumper and reconnecting power but to no avail.

Is the panel eng locked ?

hi altor,thanks for your reply.i fitted the alarm a few years ago and its was working perfectly.i just decided to fit an internal echo yesterday.its only after i connected the echo,i started having problems.i have disconnected echo now and have everything the way it was before yesterday.just cannot clear the error message from rkp.i simply connected the original rkp up to the panel with a short piece of wire to bypass any wiring problems.it is wired into where it originally was.i would assume the panel isnt eng locked as default, i didnt change any settings here originally.

sorry i forgot to mention is original keypad and led on panel is blinking on/off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

How are you connecting the echo.
    When you get the comms error is the red led in the control panel blinking or steady. There's bug with those panels where the software tops running and this error appears

• Advertisement

Jnealon wrote: »
    How are you connecting the echo.
    When you get the comms error is the red led in the control panel blinking or steady. There's bug with those panels where the software tops running and this error appears

i connected the echo to the external bell +- on the panel and to a spare zone tamper.panel led is blinking twice then about two second gap and it blinks twice again,sometimes this patern is broken and not exactly the same,but for the most part its blinking like this.i had the echo working fine when i wired it up at the control panel to test it.iam assuming i had a short when one of the fuses was blown as stated earlier.

i connected the echo to the external bell +- on the panel and to a spare zone tamper.panel led is blinking twice then about two second gap and it blinks twice again,sometimes this patern is broken and not exactly the same,but for the most part its blinking like this.i had the echo working fine when i wired it up at the control panel to test it.iam assuming i had a short when one of the fuses was blown as stated earlier.

The internal bell should be connected to the internal bell in the control panel, not the external point. What you did with the tamper on this is grand, but this would not affect the keypad.
    When you defaulted the panel with the LK1, did the keypad allow you to do this e.g did default panel come up on the keypad ?

no just the flashing "no rpk comms" stayed flashing,there was no change.the echo would only work on the external bell,not the internal bell which goes to the sabb strobe.

no just the flashing "no rpk comms" stayed flashing,there was no change.the echo would only work on the external bell,not the internal bell which goes to the sabb strobe.

You will need an eng to have a look at it for you, it could be either the keypad or panel that is gone faulty. If you say the internal bell would not work maybe its the panel.

Jnealon wrote: »
    Conect the ext bell + and - to the sounder + and -. Then connect the int bell - to the flash. Loop the tamper in to one of the zone tampers. There are a few other ways to do it but this will work fine

I used this info to wire up the echo,but it looks like a software issue or else panel or keypad,friend has a few spares so will replace tomorrow to diagnose.

thanks for your help,will keep updated

replaced the panel and it works fine so the panel is faulty.i was wondering before i buy a new panel can the old one be checked to see if the software is ok or is it a physical fault on the board-ie blown chip or diode ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sorry, Im a bit confused here. You replaced the panel . Did you get a loan of a panel or on sale or return?
    If a default of the panel does not solve the problem , you are as well changing it.
    If you determined to try rescue it, you could ask HKC to reflash the chip & see if that works.

sorry for the confusion,i got the loan of a panel to diagnose the problem,so im just gonna buy a new one now to be on the safe side.

just to clear up some confusion on my part,can i wire the internal echo +- to the external bell +- on the panel,or as pointed out by Altor, should it be wired to internal bell +- on the panel. i thought the internal bell was for strobe.

sorry for dragging this one!

Wire to the internal along with the strobe.

• Advertisement

replaced the panel and it works fine so the panel is faulty.i was wondering before i buy a new panel can the old one be checked to see if the software is ok or is it a physical fault on the board-ie blown chip or diode ?

Good to see you found out what the problem was. I thought it was the panel. If you do return the panel to HKC they will try fix it or if not replace the chip for you.
    just to clear up some confusion on my part,can i wire the internal echo +- to the external bell +- on the panel,or as pointed out by Altor, should it be wired to internal bell +- on the panel. i thought the internal bell was for strobe.

Yes, this is the proper way it should be done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement