Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

altor wrote: »
    Sorry my mistake, it should of read "Output 4 is for the cabinet tamper, you could change output 1 to aux -ve and use that as a second zone for the heating"

You can only change output 1 and 2 this way if you need the two zones for the heating.
    thanks again altor
    sorry for bothering you again i read the manual and i see where i can change the pulse setting of o/p 3 and it mentions even changing it to a toggle switch. is this any use to me. thanks again for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

thanks again altor
    sorry for bothering you again i read the manual and i see where i can change the pulse setting of o/p 3 and it mentions even changing it to a toggle switch. is this any use to me. thanks again for all your help

Always happy to help.

No, this would be of no use to you as output 3 is only for gates. The setting on this is just the length of time you want the gate to open for.

tanx again altor
    yes i undrestand so basically i wil be able to control my lights and only 1 zone for heating from 0/p 1 and 2 and the other 2 o/p are really of no use to me as i dont have electric gates.
    tanx altor

tanx again altor
    yes i undrestand so basically i wil be able to control my lights and only 1 zone for heating from 0/p 1 and 2 and the other 2 o/p are really of no use to me as i dont have electric gates.
    tanx altor

Thats correct. I am sure you will get it working.
    You can test the outputs in the GSM service menu / test gsm outputs.
    Any problems let us know.

Thats correct. I am sure you will get it working.
    You can test the outputs in the GSM service menu / test gsm outputs.
    Any problems let us know.
    hi altor
    i installed the alarm last week its workin a dream arming and disarming by txt working perfect. im just waiting on the relays to arrive so i can install and control lights and heat. i presume i connect the output of eg. 2 to the input 12v coil on the relay. thanks again altor for all your help

• Advertisement

hi altor
    i installed the alarm last week its workin a dream arming and disarming by txt working perfect. im just waiting on the relays to arrive so i can install and control lights and heat. i presume i connect the output of eg. 2 to the input 12v coil on the relay. thanks again altor for all your help

Hi seanwindle22,

Thats good to hear, it is very easy to install and get working.
    Yes, you get the positive off the 12v and the negative off the output you require. Any problems let us know..

Hi seanwindle22,

Thats good to hear, it is very easy to install and get working.
    Yes, you get the positive off the 12v and the negative off the output you require. Any problems let us know..
    hi altor
    i have a 12v light here which i connected to the 12+ on the board and then the - to o/p 1 for lights. i txt the unit to turn on lights but nothing happening even tho i recieved a txt sayin lights on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you measured the voltage to check you are getting 12vdc when the op switches.
    If you switch the light for a 12vdc relay will that switch?

koolkid wrote: »
    Have you measured the voltage to check you are getting 12vdc when the op switches.
    If you switch the light for a 12vdc relay will that switch?
    hi koolkid tanx for reply
    im waiting for a 12vdc relay to arrive does it make any difference at the moment im using a 4 pin ribbon cable connecting the panals as also waiting for rs485 cards to arrive. it seems to be doing the job wel as regarding controlling the alarm side of things.

hi altor
    i have a 12v light here which i connected to the 12+ on the board and then the - to o/p 1 for lights. i txt the unit to turn on lights but nothing happening even tho i recieved a txt sayin lights on.

When you get the relay connect it to the output and test the outputs in the GSM service menu / test gsm outputs. The output should be lights -ve.

The ribbon cable connected to the panel works the same as having the RS485 cards connected. They are used if you have a long distance from the GSM to the panel.

• Advertisement

When you get the relay connect it to the output and test the outputs in the GSM service menu / test gsm outputs. The output should be lights -ve.

The ribbon cable connected to the panel works the same as having the RS485 cards connected. They are used if you have a long distance from the GSM to the panel.
    ok thanks again altor for all your help i wil check as soon as i connect the relays

ok thanks again altor for all your help i wil check as soon as i connect the relays

Your welcome, always happy to help..

Your welcome, always happy to help..
    hi altor
    im having a bit of bother getting the correct relays should i get a solid state one so the wont back feed or damage d gsm unit. also would you have an idea as to where i might get relays suitable for my job. many thanks

hi altor
    im having a bit of bother getting the correct relays should i get a solid state one so the wont back feed or damage d gsm unit. also would you have an idea as to where i might get relays suitable for my job. many thanks

Hi seanwindle22,

Relays allow one circuit to switch a second circuit which can be completely separate from the first. For example a low voltage battery circuit can use a relay to switch a 230V AC mains circuit. There is no electrical connection inside the relay between the two circuits, the link is magnetic and mechanical. There for there should be no feed back to the GSM. You need a 12v relay to switch 230v rated at 10amp. Most electrical stores like Maplin and so will have them in stock.

Hi seanwindle22,

Relays allow one circuit to switch a second circuit which can be completely separate from the first. For example a low voltage battery circuit can use a relay to switch a 230V AC mains circuit. There is no electrical connection inside the relay between the two circuits, the link is magnetic and mechanical. There for there should be no feed back to the GSM. You need a 12v relay to switch 230v rated at 10amp. Most electrical stores like Maplin and so will have them in stock.
    hi altor
    ya i thought that just someone was telling me i need a solid state relay to stop backfeed. thanks again for all your help ill keep u posted how i get on

hi altor
    ya i thought that just someone was telling me i need a solid state relay to stop backfeed. thanks again for all your help ill keep u posted how i get on

Yes do, any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

hi altor

Just place a diode across the coil. This will give you the protection you need

Jnealon wrote: »
    Just place a diode across the coil. This will give you the protection you need
    hi jnealon
    does a solid state relay do the same job as a diode or is there any need

Sorry Sean I do not use Solid State relays so I can not comment on their pros and cons.
    Electro-mechanical relays have been around for a long time so that must be a good thing.
    Any alarm wholesaler will stock these relays, just remember to get a base with them

Hi seanwindle22,

The information you copied and pasted in to your post is copyrighted.
    You should at least reference it in your post

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    The information you copied and pasted in to your post is copyrighted.
    You should at least reference it in your post

Its a fairly basic description. I would not see that as any breach of copyright.
    If you search that exact description you will get numerous sources.
    However it is good etique to reference a source , if one was used.

hi guys
    im wondering while im waiting for the relays to arrive first day when i installed the unit i put in a digi modem and a gsm as i had no phone line. however now im using the gsm solely to control and text etc. i had a phone line installed recently in my house and wondering should i reconnect the digi modem and connect to the phone line so it can ring me when the unit alarms. and maybe use the gsm as a back up. its a shame having it lying there if it is useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

hi guys
    im wondering while im waiting for the relays to arrive first day when i installed the unit i put in a digi modem and a gsm as i had no phone line. however now im using the gsm solely to control and text etc. i had a phone line installed recently in my house and wondering should i reconnect the digi modem and connect to the phone line so it can ring me when the unit alarms. and maybe use the gsm as a back up. its a shame having it lying there if it is useful.

If you have a telephone line you can use a digi module for most panels. Before you had the alarm how do you connect it to the gsm network; i persume the digi is fully a gsm unit with a sim. You can use your telephone line, all u need is a telephone digi so you can use the gsm as a backup.
    Dependin on your panel and digi you might be able to add the telephone line to the gsm unit as a backup and still use both methods.

Im open to correction on the above.
    btw, what panel do you have and what is the digi make/mo

hi guys

Very easy to do, put the main phone line into the A B in the HKC GSM, then bring it out on the C D from the GSM to the text dialer in the HKC panel. A B in then C D out to your phones in the house.

Very easy to do, put the main phone line into the A B in the HKC GSM, then bring it out on the C D from the GSM to the text dialer in the HKC panel. A B in then C D out to your phones in the house.
    hi altor
    ya its looks very simple to do, regarding the text enable on the digi modem should i turn this off as the gsm is taking care of the texts.

Tim M-U wrote: »
    If you have a telephone line you can use a digi module for most panels. Before you had the alarm how do you connect it to the gsm network; i persume the digi is fully a gsm unit with a sim. You can use your telephone line, all u need is a telephone digi so you can use the gsm as a backup.
    Dependin on your panel and digi you might be able to add the telephone line to the gsm unit as a backup and still use both methods.

Im open to correction on the above.
    btw, what panel do you have and what is the digi make/mo
    hi tim m-u
    the panal i have is a hkc 812 with the hkc digi modem and the hkc gsm-m unit.

hi altor
    ya its looks very simple to do, regarding the text enable on the digi modem should i turn this off as the gsm is taking care of the texts.

If you wire it up this way the phone line has priority over the HKC GSM. You are still using the modem to text you but if you text the panel to set the alarm, it uses the GSM.

If you wire it up this way the phone line has priority over the HKC GSM. You are still using the modem to text you but if you text the panel to set the alarm, it uses the GSM.
    so basically any out going texts eg confirm arm, status etc are sent using the phone line and the gsm wil basically control any incoming texts

so basically any out going texts eg confirm arm, status etc are sent using the phone line and the gsm wil basically control any incoming texts

No, alarms will come from the modem and setting like that from the GSM.

• Advertisement

No, alarms will come from the modem and setting like that from the GSM.
    ok i see thanks very much altor far all your help

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement