Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome,

If you have the free zones i would utilize them plus as you are monitoring the alarm you will also get a text notifying you if there is a fire in the house.
    yes i have 2 free zones on the panal so it would be worth using them. is there any need for the mains smoke alarms i have in the house when i install the new ones i suppose i could leave them there doin no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

is there any need for the mains smoke alarms i have in the house when i install the new ones i suppose i could leave them there doin no harm

That is up to you ;)

altor what can i use the inputs on the hkc gsm unit for . i see on the manual it say s force gsm can thaty be changed to eg thermostat

altor what can i use the inputs on the hkc gsm unit for . i see on the manual it say s force gsm can thaty be changed to eg thermostat

Hi seanwindle22,
    I am not to sure what they can be change to as i have not had the need to do this but i will find out tomorrow for you.

Hi seanwindle22,

The inputs can not be changed, they are there for GSM force only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Just wondering how many internal / external bells can you power off the panel? along with a gsm dialer? I was going to put 2 outside and 2 inside but I suppose if its too much drain on the system ill just use one of each or maybe link the second one up outside so just the leds flash

Hi seanwindle22,

The inputs can not be changed, they are there for GSM force only.
    hi altor
    thanks for the reply are the inputs so to force a gsm text or call by an input assigned to it

Just wondering how many internal / external bells can you power off the panel? along with a gsm dialer? I was going to put 2 outside and 2 inside but I suppose if its too much drain on the system ill just use one of each or maybe link the second one up outside so just the leds flash

Hi Kenny Powers,

Two internal plus two external should be more than enough in most places. Depending on what other power devices you have on the alarm. If you have a lot of other powered devices you could install a PSU plus adding a GSM with its own back up power supply will keep the alarm going in the event of a mains outage. It is always best to test the current consumption on any alarm.

yes i have 2 free zones on the panal so it would be worth using them. is there any need for the mains smoke alarms i have in the house when i install the new ones i suppose i could leave them there doin no harm
    hi altor
    this could be a stupid question now but could i wire 2 smoke detectors into on zone on the panal i see how they are linked anyways when one goes off the other rings also

hi altor
    thanks for the reply are the inputs so to force a gsm text or call by an input assigned to it

Hi seanwindle22,

They are there to force the GSM to kick in in the event the phone line was cut.

• Advertisement

Hi seanwindle22,

They are there to force the GSM to kick in in the event the phone line was cut.
    ok thanks altor should they be connected to something then

ok thanks altor should they be connected to something then

Only if your using the phoneline and the GSM as a back up but if just using the GSM you will be fine.

Only if your using the phoneline and the GSM as a back up but if just using the GSM you will be fine.
    thanks again altor

thanks again altor

Your welcome, always happy to help..

hi altor
    this could be a stupid question now but could i wire 2 smoke detectors into on zone on the panal i see how they are linked anyways when one goes off the other rings also
    i ask cause i only have one zone available on the board

i ask cause i only have one zone available on the board

What you could do is put two POINT ID modules on two the alarm zone and wire the smoke detectors into these, program them as smoke 1 plus smoke 2, then change the zone type of each module to fire. This would allow you put the two smoke detector on 1 zone..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

hi altor

Not that way I would do it , but it will work.

What you could do is put two POINT ID modules on two the alarm zone and wire the smoke detectors into these, program them as smoke 1 plus smoke 2, then change the zone type of each module to fire. This would allow you put the two smoke detector on 1 zone..
    ok altor i presume i can do yhis with only zones 5.6.7.8

ok altor i presume i can do yhis with only zones 5.6.7.8

Correct.

Correct.
    i also presume they would have to be either 2 smoke detectors or 2 heat detectors and not one of each if going onto the same zone. by the way thanks for qiuck reply

• Advertisement

i also presume they would have to be either 2 smoke detectors or 2 heat detectors and not one of each if going onto the same zone. by the way thanks for qiuck reply

If you want 10 on any zone you can use the same method of the 10 ID modules. One per module. There is no heat in the zone types but you will know what is what by the names you give them plus you will get a point number to go with the unit once its enrolled on the system.

If you want 10 on any zone you can use the same method of the 10 ID modules. One per module. There is no heat in the zone types but you will know what is what by the names you give them plus you will get a point number to go with the unit once its enrolled on the system.
    ok so i would not matter have the wires joined in the terminals in the zone

ok so i would not matter have the wires joined in the terminals in the zone

The smoke gets wired into the ID module, the ID module gets wired into the zone. 12v plus data into the right side of the zone with the link left in the zone, you will use 12v plus one wire into the data in the module. Smoke into alarm of the module plus 12v supply off the module or the panel.

The smoke gets wired into the ID module, the ID module gets wired into the zone. 12v plus data into the right side of the zone with the link left in the zone, you will use 12v plus one wire into the data in the module. Smoke into alarm of the module plus 12v supply off the module or the panel.
    ok perfect altor
    thanks for all your help

ok perfect altor
    thanks for all your help

Your welcome, any problems you know where i am..

Your welcome, any problems you know where i am..
    sorry altor to keep bothering you
    what id module have i as i was goin to move the sensor already in zone 6 to the last available zone 12. an i was goin to keep z 6 just for the smoke detctors. sorry again im just a bit lost

sorry altor to keep bothering you
    what id module have i as i was goin to move the sensor already in zone 6 to the last available zone 12. an i was goin to keep z 6 just for the smoke detctors. sorry again im just a bit lost

I would say you just have conventional sensors on the alarm if they are wired alarm plus tamper. If you go onto the HKC website you will see the point id sensors. You will need point id modules so you can connect the smoke detectors on to the system.

I would say you just have conventional sensors on the alarm if they are wired alarm plus tamper. If you go onto the HKC website you will see the point id sensors. You will need point id modules so you can connect the smoke detectors on to the system.
    yes altor i have the conventional pir sensors 1 in each room. i seen the id inertia sensor on the web site i was thinking i might need them . i suppose if i was to wire in 2 smoke detectors in to 1 zone i would only need one of these sensors or would you recommend i putting in a few , only problem tho is there is no cable goin to d windows or doors

yes altor i have the conventional pir sensors 1 in each room. i seen the id inertia sensor on the web site i was thinking i might need them . i suppose if i was to wire in 2 smoke detectors in to 1 zone i would only need one of these sensors or would you recommend i putting in a few , only problem tho is there is no cable goin to d windows or doors

You will need point id modules. Make sure you dont get id sensors. I would not be putting more than 1 smoke on a zone if it is just being wired straight into it. Another thing you could do is buy point id motion detectors and wire the smoke detector off a ID module beside the pir. Might make it easier to do as you wont have to get a cable back to the panel as the cable is already there. you can put a combination of point id motions plus modules up to 10 on the point id zone in the panel.

• Advertisement

You will need point id modules. Make sure you dont get id sensors. I would not be putting more than 1 smoke on a zone if it is just being wired straight into it. Another thing you could do is buy point id motion detectors and wire the smoke detector off a ID module beside the pir. Might make it easier to do as you wont have to get a cable back to the panel as the cable is already there. you can put a combination of point id motions plus modules up to 10 on the point id zone in the panel.
    thanks altor
    do hkc do the point id modules and point id motion detectors or where would i get them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement