Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

thanks altor
    do hkc do the point id modules and point id motion detectors or where would i get them

Yes they do, you will need to get them off a supplier of HKC close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

altor wrote: »
    Yes they do, you will need to get them off a supplier of HKC close to you.
    will do ill try trade electric they do the hkc range so is there any difference betweem the normalpir motion sensors and the point id motion detectors thanks again for all your help

will do ill try trade electric they do the hkc range so is there any difference betweem the normalpir motion sensors and the point id motion detectors thanks again for all your help

Yes, as only the HKC motion detectors have the point id unit built into them, so make sure they are the point id motions. Same with the point id modules. Buy the same amount of modules to match the amount of smoke detectors you need.

Yes, as only the HKC motion detectors have the point id unit built into them, so make sure they are the point id motions. Same with the point id modules. Buy the same amount of modules to match the amount of smoke detectors you need.
    ya thought that as the motions i have are not hkc thats the pir's on hkc website i presume. ill have a go at that next week . i seen the
    installations on these in the manual so i just link them together
    allation

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hansanter

Hey Lads, very interesting thread...

I have a Securewatch HKC alarm system (I think it's an SW-8XX unit) here at home and I have a few questions - for now ;) .....

The keypad display is showing "Battery Fault", can I assume that for some reason the battery has discharged and needs to be replaced ? I opened up the box and confirmed that the wires are connected to each battery terminal and to the appropriate connections on the board.

Can I get an installation manual for this unit anywhere online or if not can I get one from a HKC supplier ?

Many Thanks.

Hansanter.

• Advertisement

Hansanter wrote: »

I have a Securewatch HKC alarm system (I think it's an SW-8XX unit) here at home and I have a few questions - for now ;) .....

The keypad display is showing "Battery Fault", can I assume that for some reason the battery has discharged and needs to be replaced ? I opened up the box and confirmed that the wires are connected to each battery terminal and to the appropriate connections on the board.

Can I get an installation manual for this unit anywhere online or if not can I get one from a HKC supplier ?

Many Thanks.

Hansanter.
    hi Hansanter
    if its the hkc sw-812 u have pm me your email and ill send on the manual to you. do you have engineer access to the panal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jfw

hi guys
    very interesting thread im wondering does it matter how the pir motion sensors are wired i see mine were put in by a security co. before i moved into this house. they just have 4 wires from each sensor goin to the panal( 2 for power + 2 to alarm terminal) should the tampers be wired and if so how. its a hkc unit i have and i have engineer access.any advice would be great

jfw wrote: »
    hi guys
    very interesting thread im wondering does it matter how the pir motion sensors are wired i see mine were put in by a security co. before i moved into this house. they just have 4 wires from each sensor goin to the panal( 2 for power + 2 to alarm terminal) should the tampers be wired and if so how. its a hkc unit i have and i have engineer access.any advice would be great

The other terminal on the zone in the panel is for the tamper. If there is two resistors in the motion detector then they are wired dual end of line meaning it picks up on alarm and tamper. If not you could either put in two 4k7 resistors or wire in the tamper in the motion and same in panel.

Hansanter wrote: »

Many Thanks.

Hansanter.

Hi Hansanter,

You dont need engineer access to change the battery in the panel. Safety first, turn off the electricity. Open the panel, replace the battery with a 12v 7 amp battery, + with + - with -, "can be got in most electrical suppliers" enter your user code to disarm the alarm going off. After a few minutes the low battery warning on the keypad will go.

Any problems let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jfw

The other terminal on the zone in the panel is for the tamper. If there is two resistors in the motion detector then they are wired dual end of line meaning it picks up on alarm and tamper. If not you could either put in two 4k7 resistors or wire in the tamper in the motion and same in panel.
    thanks altor
    very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for setting this up to control the heating and lights?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for setting this up to control the heating and lights?
    Its very simple what unit have u got

I have the hkc gsm unit I was thinking of setting it up to turn on the heating and some lights or even triggering outside lights if the alarm goes off

I have the hkc gsm unit I was thinking of setting it up to turn on the heating and some lights or even triggering outside lights if the alarm goes off
    hi
    is the gsm unit old as it requires a newer version of software for home automation 2.04 or higher. it wil tell u on a sticker when you open the cover. regarding the o/p there is 4
    1 in lights
    2 heating
    3 gated open/ close
    4 cabinet tamper
    to control lights and heat you need to connect to relay switches with 12 vdc coils and 230v contacts. do you have the gsm manual

Hi yeah its the new model gsm unit I can use that no problem, its what relays to use and where to put them. What wires from the heating etc do I use?

Hi yeah its the new model gsm unit I can use that no problem, its what relays to use and where to put them. What wires from the heating etc do I use?
    right u need a relay with 12vdc coil and 230v contacts and 10 amp power. you run a cable from your heating to the power contacts on the relay. you take the 12+ from the power on the gsm unit and the 12- connected to your output ( lighty or heat) and connect to the coil on the relay. you can test the outputs in the gsm menu. have a look at farnell regarding the relays they stock lots

cool how do you bypass the heating timer control and the light switch?

cool how do you bypass the heating timer control and the light switch?
    you can put the relay for the light switch in the consumer unit on the din rail . its better to have a clean feed to the lights on its own mcb . run the clean live to the light switch if possible and connect to the feed to the lights.
    regarding the heating you could wire the relay directly to the motorised valve if you have one and when active will turn on the valve and the boiler.
    is it motorised valves or pumps you have for heating

I think there are 2 motorised valves will this heat the water as well do you have a link to the relays you used for this?

re the lights that sounds handy enough so you leave the light switch on then? can you still use the light without automation?

I think there are 2 motorised valves will this heat the water as well do you have a link to the relays you used for this?

re the lights that sounds handy enough so you leave the light switch on then? can you still use the light without automation?
    You can buy the relays in your local CEF or Maplin just make sure they are 10A 12Vdc with 230 v contacts. and you will need a din rail base for them also.
    if you have motorised valves im sure when any of these are turned on they also send a signal to the boiler to turn on. You can wire in the relays into the valves before the timer that way you can still use the timer in while in the house.
    Regarding the lights thats why you need a seperate feed to the lights so the feed from the relay wil be connected to the output of the switchand wil only power when the message is sent. that way you can still use the switch while in the house.
    you will need three relays 1 for lights and 2 for the heat. you will need to change o/p 3 on the gsm unit to aux- to control the second zone
    i would suggest if you dont feel confident in wiring to get in an electrician just to be on safe side.
    http://ie.farnell.com/
    This site also sell the relays

• Advertisement

thanks for all the info so basically for the lights I leave them wired as normal and stick the extra feed from the relay directly into the output of the switch?

For the heating are there any timers that allow an external trigger for the the boost or anything?
    what would happen if the heating was on and someone sent a message to switch it on? and the same with the lights would this cause any problems?

thanks for all the info so basically for the lights I leave them wired as normal and stick the extra feed from the relay directly into the output of the switch?

For the heating are there any timers that allow an external trigger for the the boost or anything?
    what would happen if the heating was on and someone sent a message to switch it on? and the same with the lights would this cause any problems?
    For the lights you need the extra live to come from the consumer unit either the same mcb the lights are on you want to control or its own mcb. You then put the relay in the consumer unit to break this feed.
    For the heat im not sure about any external triggers for the boost function.
    Regarding when the lights/ heat are on and a message is sent it will make no difference as the relays cannot backfeed to the gsm. One thing tho is whatever you use to turn on the lights/heat with you have to turn off with. you cannot txt to turn on heating and turn off by timer this will not work they are two independent switches.
    regards seanwindle22

thanks for all that there are so many relays to choose from I rang one place he said he has an 8 pin and a socket does this sound right.

If you want the alarm to turn on the lights when the alarm goes off connect the relay off the external bell in the panel as this will trigger the lights when the alarm activates.

thanks for all that there are so many relays to choose from I rang one place he said he has an 8 pin and a socket does this sound right.
    ya thats right Kenny they will do fine as long

The smoke gets wired into the ID module, the ID module gets wired into the zone. 12v plus data into the right side of the zone with the link left in the zone, you will use 12v plus one wire into the data in the module. Smoke into alarm of the module plus 12v supply off the module or the panel.
    Hi altor
    just wondering as im waiting for the ID modules as i have the psu connected to z 5 can i connect the id modules to the psu and link on from there or should i start from another zone

Hi altor
    just wondering as im waiting for the ID modules as i have the psu connected to z 5 can i connect the id modules to the psu and link on from there or should i start from another zone

If you connect them off the psu you will have to common the negative with the panel. Other wise just power them off the panel.

If you connect them off the psu you will have to common the negative with the panel. Other wise just power them off the panel.
    ya prob better of the panal so just take a pos and neg from panal and the right of alarm off z 6 to the module and then just link each module in series and branch off each module to each detector
    thanks again altor for all your help

ya prob better of the panal so just take a pos and neg from panal and the right of alarm off z 6 to the module and then just link each module in series and branch off each module to each detector
    thanks again altor for all your help

Correct.

• Advertisement

Correct.
    Thanks Altor
    Much Apprechiated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement