Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks Altor
    Much Apprechiated

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jfw

altor wrote: »
    The other terminal on the zone in the panel is for the tamper. If there is two resistors in the motion detector then they are wired dual end of line meaning it picks up on alarm and tamper. If not you could either put in two 4k7 resistors or wire in the tamper in the motion and same in panel.
    If its that simple how come the guys who installed the system never wired up the tampers. if a wire goin to a sensor is cut or damaged would i not know about it without the tampers in place.
    sorry i dont know much about these

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

jfw wrote: »
    If its that simple how come the guys who installed the system never wired up the tampers. if a wire goin to a sensor is cut or damaged would i not know about it without the tampers in place.

It is that simple, but some guys just like to take the quick option. Without tampers in place a cable could be cut without any alert, but only when the system is disarmed. If the system is set & a cable to a zone is cut the alarm would activate.

koolkid wrote: »
    It is that simple, but some guys just like to take the quick option. Without tampers in place a cable could be cut without any alert, but only when the system is disarmed. If the system is set & a cable to a zone is cut the alarm would activate.
    thanks koolkid for the reply
    i am wondering should i connect the tamper on one of the zones as one has the wires visible all the rest are hiddin in the walls and attic. is it only a matter of joining the wires at either end. i know there is no resistors in the pir but i do see like jumper pin if they mean anything

It is just lazy on the installers part leaving the alarm like this but that is nothing compared to what i do see servicing alarms every day. The only way you would know that something was up is when you go to set the alarm as it will tell you a zone is open and wont set.

• Advertisement

It is just lazy on the installers part leaving the alarm like this but that is nothing compared to what i do see servicing alarms every day. The only way you would know that something was up is when you go to set the alarm as it will tell you a zone is open and wont set.
    thanks altor for swift reply
    should i connect the tamper on the zone with the visible cable as it could ger damaged

i am wondering should i connect the tamper on one of the zones as one has the wires visible all the rest are hiddin in the walls and attic. is it only a matter of joining the wires at either end. i know there is no resistors in the pir but i do see like jumper pin if they mean anything

Yes, you could and should tamper them. If someone was to gain access to them and join the cables the alarm panel will think the zone is closed but it is just the cable that is joined. I am not saying this is going to happen but if it did the tamper is there to activate once the sensor is tampered with. It sound like you have honey well motion detectors installed but if you post a picture we will know and tell you how to wire them correctly. I take it you dont have the engineer access code to the alarm so the resistors would be of no use as they would have to be set up in the loop type of the alarm zone.

Yes, you could and should tamper them. If someone was to gain access to them and join the cables the alarm panel will think the zone is closed but it is just the cable that is joined. I am not saying this is going to happen but if it did the tamper is there to activate once the sensor is tampered with. It sound like you have honey well motion detectors installed but if you post a picture we will know and tell you how to wire them correctly. I take it you dont have the engineer access code to the alarm so the resistors would be of no use as they would have to be set up in the loop type of the alarm zone.
    yes i have engineer access as they never changed the code 04567. i know it works as i tried and i went into the service menu. the sensors are pyronix it would be great if i could wire them for peace of mind ill include pictures

yes i have engineer access as they never changed the code 04567. i know it works as i tried and i went into the service menu. the sensors are pyronix it would be great if i could wire them for peace of mind ill include pictures

Thats straight forward enough. Just wire the cable into the tamper circuit and the same for each zone in the panel.

Thats straight forward enough. Just wire the cable into the tamper circuit and the same for each zone in the panel.
    its that simple makes me wonder why the guys who installed the system didnt do it. ill do that tomorrow
    thanks again
    Altor

• Advertisement

its that simple makes me wonder why the guys who installed the system didnt do it. ill do that tomorrow
    thanks again
    Altor

It is that simple, hopefully there is no problems with the other cores on the cable but if there is you can always wire them dual end of line since you have the engineer code. The installer really looked after you on that install. If you also go into the user menu, press yes hit the * button it will bring you to engineer code, press yes and change the engineer code. It should never be left at the default..

It is that simple, hopefully there is no problems with the other cores on the cable but if there is you can always wire them dual end of line since you have the engineer code. The installer really looked after you on that install. If you also go into the user menu, press yes hit the * button it will bring you to engineer code, press yes and change the engineer code. It should never be left at the default..
    ok well i dont know what duel end of line is but ill give the wiring a go tomorrow. i only tried the engineer code after seeing it posted in these forums and it worked. as for d guys who put in the unit it looks like i got a raw deal.
    anyways thanks very much for all your help

ok well i dont know what duel end of line is but ill give the wiring a go tomorrow. i only tried the engineer code after seeing it posted in these forums and it worked. as for d guys who put in the unit it looks like i got a raw deal.

That is no problem if you need to duel end of line the motion we can help you wire them up like that but try the way it is first.

Any problems you know where we are..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The attached diagram will help you with duel wiring.;)

The attached diagram will help you with duel wiring.;)
    thanks koolkid
    illgive it a go where would i buy resistors and diodes

There will generally be some left in the panel.
    Is it 4k7 you want? If your in Dublin I'll drom a bunch round to you .PM me a contact for you if you want them.

Is it 4k7 you want? If your in Dublin I'll drom a bunch round to you .PM me a contact for you if you want them.
    thanks very much koolkid
    im in the south of the country but i got a load in maplins today.
    thanks again for the offer

hi koolkid
    i wired all the sensors with tamper. 1 i had to do duel EOL as there was only a 4 core cable used. i presume everything is ok i set up that zone in the menu as duel EOL and i now replaced cover and exited the panal and no alarm sounded. does this mean everything is ok
    thanks again for your help

Full set the alarm and walk across the PIR.

i presume everything is ok i set up that zone in the menu as duel EOL and i now replaced cover and exited the panal and no alarm sounded. does this mean everything is ok

If you go into the service menu, then into walk test menu, you can test the motions one by one. Another way is to enter 0#3 on the keypad. This is a user walk test for the HKC. Enter your user code when your finished to exit user walk test.

• Advertisement

If you go into the service menu, then into walk test menu, you can test the motions one by one. Another way is to enter 0#3 on the keypad. This is a user walk test for the HKC. Enter your user code when your finished to exit user walk test.
    thanks guys
    yes everything seems ok. im still amazed at how easy that was and the installers just didnt bother there a****s in doing it. just shows what cowboys are out there
    thanks again and keep up the good work

thanks guys
    yes everything seems ok. im still amazed at how easy that was and the installers just didnt bother there a****s in doing it. just shows what cowboys are out there
    thanks again and keep up the good work

Everything is easy when you know how ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

Jnealon wrote: »
    Just place a diode across the coil. This will give you the protection you need
    hi jnealon
    i wondering what type of diode i need the guy in maplin said thye P600A rectifier diode would to . they are only 6amp and the relay is 10 amp. should i get a bigger diode

Hi guys
    i not sure if anyone can help or this may well be normal, when i got up today i forgot to disarm my alarm so i set off the alarm. the thing is tho i got 7 messages sayin the same about the alarm going off and so did the other numbers i have programmed. is this normal for the unit to text me so much. If it is it wont be long going through credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hi guys
    i not sure if anyone can help or this may well be normal, when i got up today i forgot to disarm my alarm so i set off the alarm. the thing is tho i got 7 messages sayin the same about the alarm going off and so did the other numbers i have programmed. is this normal for the unit to text me so much. If it is it wont be long going through credit.

Did you pass a PIR? because I think the HKC will send a message for every alarm trigger and if you pass a PIR it could potentially open/close seven times. I'm not too sure how to disable that, maybe when one of the others comes along they might know.

Did you pass a PIR? because I think the HKC will send a message for every alarm trigger and if you pass a PIR it could potentially open/close seven times. I'm not too sure how to disable that, maybe when one of the others comes along they might know.
    thanks for the reply fred funk
    ya i passed the pir a few times im not really sure how many but the alarm was only going off for 30 sec max.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

thanks for the reply fred funk
    ya i passed the pir a few times im not really sure how many but the alarm was only going off for 30 sec max.

That would be enough to generate seven triggers for sure. I'm not to sure if it can be disabled in the programming but some of the other posters here are more knowledgeable of HKC systems, they'll help you more than I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

if you set that pir to an enter/exit dat should work get the thing beepin for 30 secs or so.do u have the engineer code?

The Issue is more so to get the digi to only text once insted of on each activation of the zone.
    Here is the menu map for the GSM dialler.
    Try Changing options 5-8-2
    &
    7-5

• Advertisement

Hi guys

Hi seanwindle22,

It is true if you activate a zone e.g. a pir it will send you that many messages if you keep walking in front of it but changing the option 5-8-2 is something i would not advise. If you have it set up to send 1 message and someone does try to break in you will only get 1 message. If you are depending on the second text for say a pir to verify some one is in the premises then you wont get this message as you set it up to only receive 1 in 5-8-2. Option 7-5 is only the event you want to change that is reported to say phone 1 or phone 2. It has no bearing on the activations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement