Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch Alarm System Engineering Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

altor wrote: »
    Hi seanwindle22,

It is true if you activate a zone e.g. a pir it will send you that many messages if you keep walking in front of it but changing the option 5-8-2 is something i would not advise. If you have it set up to send 1 message and someone does try to break in you will only get 1 message. If you are depending on the second text for say a pir to verify some one is in the premises then you wont get this message as you set it up to only receive 1 in 5-8-2. Option 7-5 is only the event you want to change that is reported to say phone 1 or phone 2. It has no bearing on the activations.
    thanks altor
    yes i thougt it kind of risky to change any of those setting so i left well alone. its better to be safe than sorry i think. thanks for the reply altor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

thanks altor
    yes i thougt it kind of risky to change any of those setting so i left well alone. its better to be safe than sorry i think. thanks for the reply altor

They are set that way for a reason. Maybe you should enter a few numbers into the alarm and ring someone to check out the alarm if needs be. Might be the best way if you have alot of contact numbers in the alarm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

thanks altor

A good incentive to sort out any faults quickly.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

They are set that way for a reason. Maybe you should enter a few numbers into the alarm and ring someone to check out the alarm if needs be. Might be the best way if you have alot of contact numbers in the alarm.
    thanks again altor
    yes i have 3 numbers programmed wel any time before i set the alarm off it only text once so prob just cause i passed the pir a few times. ill take your advice and get someone to have a look
    thanks again

thanks again altor
    yes i have 3 numbers programmed wel any time before i set the alarm off it only text once so prob just cause i passed the pir a few times. ill take your advice and get someone to have a look
    thanks again

Your welcome. Yes that is correct, the setting is global for all the zones so changing it affects all zones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

got a battery fault on my secure watch alarm lastnight and my wife is worried the alarm will not be working ok - it arms ok and just need to know how to solve the battery fault issue??

There does seem to be a rather large battery in the pannel (not the number code pannel) - is that what i need to change and is that just a simple swap?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes you need to change the large battery in the control panel its self.
    Its 12 volt dc rechargeable 3.2 or 7amp.
    The alarm will be ok to use for a while if the message has only just shown up.
    But obviousally change it sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Transform wrote: »
    got a battery fault on my secure watch alarm lastnight and my wife is worried the alarm will not be working ok - it arms ok and just need to know how to solve the battery fault issue??

There does seem to be a rather large battery in the pannel (not the number code pannel) - is that what i need to change and is that just a simple swap?

Open up the panel and insure the plugs are connected properly. if they are and you still are having problems you will need a 12v 7.2ah recharable battery, you can get it from any electrical distributer.
    EDIT:you can arm it no problem but its proberly best to get it replaced..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Tim M-U wrote: »
    Open up the panel and insure the plugs are connected properly. if they are and you still are having problems you will need a 12v 7.2ah recharable battery, you can get it from any electrical distributer.
    EDIT:you can arm it no problem but its proberly best to get it replaced..
    cheers guys and i work beside kellihers elec so will just pop in there - cheers

Its very straightforward. Remember you should always turn of the mains supply to the panel before opening the lid.
    Any problems give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

I have a securewatch alarm, is it possible to use it with a TC35i gsm terminal?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thread moved to the new Home security systems forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harddworker

Jnealon wrote: »
    I've sent you the manual by PM.
    Hi Inealon

If is any chance get of you manual for SW812 and digi modem card please ?
    i would be greatfull

thanks

If you send me your e-mail by P.M. i will send you on the both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harddworker

If you send me your e-mail by P.M. i will send you on the both of them.
    Hi
    Thanks so much, i am only new on this forum dont really know how to send you my email or what does means PM ..

sorry but would you mind explain to me please ?
    thanks

Hi
    Thanks so much, i am only new on this forum dont really know how to send you my email or what does means PM ..

thanks

P.M. sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Hi

thanks

1. Click the users name (poster) who posted you something on a fourm,
    2. DropDown menu, choose 'Send a Private Message to...'
    3. Send it just like an email but it's a username.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

My parents have just got secure watch hkc alarm installed, they went to activate it today when they were going out, and it turns out that there is a sensor 'apart' that the alarm guy obviously forgot about. I was trying to clear the display - where it says open zone dining room etc.... but i cant do it.. also they got no manual with it. How do i clear the display ?
    Thanks

Do you mean there is a sensor on the window which is disconnected?

Yes, its on a patio door,

• Advertisement

My parents have just got secure watch hkc alarm installed, they went to activate it today when they were going out, and it turns out that there is a sensor 'apart' that the alarm guy obviously forgot about. I was trying to clear the display - where it says open zone dining room etc.... but i cant do it.. also they got no manual with it. How do i clear the display ?
    Thanks

Hi grasshopper31,

You have two options either inhibit the zone by entering 0 code *(zone number) yes. Option 2 is a force arm 0 code ** yes.

Here is a link for the manual HKC

You should really be looking at getting that up & running. A patio door is probably one of the mose vunerable areas in the house. Can you post up a pic of it & I'll see if I can advise on rewiring it.

Thanks for replies, alarm guy is coming back on tues to fix sensor.

Thanks for replies, alarm guy is coming back on tues to fix sensor.

I would hope so, did he not test the alarm to make sure it worked after he installed it :eek:

Im not sure as i wasnt there at the time, but i assumed he would have tested it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SnowDust

P.M. sent.

Hi Altor.

I have an HKC 812 house alarm. During the night a beep was emmited from the RKP at the back door, on checking the log it displayed "001: Dev. ComFlt RKP" it also has the amber fault light on too. I then checked the RKP at the front door where I noticed no lights being emmitted, a strange 'interference' noise & the message "SWRKP FEB99 V1.4"
    I can't find anything in the manual or on the web, your wisdom wold be very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Can you still use the keypad at the back door.
    It could be a few things
    1) The keypad at the front door has gone faulty
    2)It could have a loose connection or cable fault
    3)The software panel could have crashed, unlikely

If you have the engineers code you could remove the offending keypad from the system to see if that clears the fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SnowDust

Thanks J for the prompt response.

The RKP at the rear door is fully functioning, the alarm system itself is fully functioning, however, the amber light on the rear door RKP is permantely on. Once I enter my passcode the display it says ,comms fault - can not be reset - contact engineer'

I have tried several eng. codes to no avail (0000,1111,1234,4567).

The security company quoted me €65 +vat for callout then extra €€ for parts.icon8.gif

• Advertisement

SnowDust wrote: »
    Hi Altor.

I have an HKC 812 house alarm. During the night a beep was emmited from the RKP at the back door, on checking the log it displayed "001: Dev. ComFlt RKP" it also has the amber fault light on too. I then checked the RKP at the front door where I noticed no lights being emmitted, a strange 'interference' noise & the message "SWRKP FEB99 V1.4"
    I can't find anything in the manual or on the web, your wisdom wold be very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Rich.

Hi Rich,

I have seen this happen for no reason. I would down power the alarm, wait 20 seconds, then power it back up. Sometimes clears the fault. Always be careful when working with electricity. If you turn off the mains, open the panel, then disconnect the battery. Leave for the 20 seconds. Reconnect the battery, enter your user code. close up panel then turn the mains back on.
    If this does not work you, your looking at replacing the keypad.

Let us know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement