Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good DIVX player?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hello hello hello,

Looking for a good (but cheapy) DIVX player, not really up to date on them so if anybody has any info on where to get one i'd appreciate it

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

ALDI and lidyl have them every few weeks 4 60euro, harvey norman have a philips one , make sure it has connectors for hdtv as well ,i think the philips player is 105euro approx.GET 1 that has a usb interface,then you can watch a film from a usb stick or an externak usb hardrive.Look for the divvx logo on it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've an Aldi/Tevion one I got for 55eur some months ago. Has the usual USB/card inputs and works pretty well, though does seem to stutter occasionally if video is of a higher quality. Still ok for the spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I have the Philips DVP5980 - 75 euro from PowerCity.
    Excellent quality, has HDMI output, USB port that will take an external USB hard drive, and there's a community that provides firmware upgrades occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Check out this forum it will answer all your needs

www.mpcclub.com

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I personally use the TIVX brand of players and find them great

Advertisement