Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What GPS with big screen?

Options
  • 13-06-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

My dad is looking for a GPS with a decent screen size as his reading vision isn't great.

I have a Garmin 660T which he tried, but he said the writing etc was too small for him. I see there's a Garmin 5000 which has a bigger screen again, but I would imagine you just see more map as opposed to it being easier to read.

Can anyone recommend another unit? He needs French maps, if not full European coverage and it has to be easy to read. He doesn't need any other extras.

thanks,

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sorry to bump, but any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The only thing I can think of offhand is something like this (see review here) in combination with an in car PC of some sort, or maybe an ASUS EEE or a tablet PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks Alun. I think that could be a touch too technical for him though! I reckon I'll just tell him to use route planning wherever he can so he gets the voice directions and the highlighted route.

Advertisement