Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another DVD question

• 13-06-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi. Was asking about a region free DVD player a few days ago and just have a quick follow up question- my sister has decided to go to New York for a weekend next month and said she could just buy me a little player over there to play my region ones on. Would this work? Could a US player be connected to a TV over here? I know the plugs are different but do they have scart sockets etc or would it just be totally incompatible? :(
    Any advice appreciated. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

You can get a cheap multi-region Black Diamond or Nordmende for around €50 - €60 here.

Go for that. If you watch DVDs on them daily, they'll last about three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

if you want . or if you got a laptop. with tv out . ill sent you software i bought css region free.. i no longer use it ...have a multi region player now .... just a taught . hope you get sorted. redfan

ps forget bout usa player woull have to get a step down converter 110 volts were 220 volts....
    ive been there bought the t shirt .
    and ntsc dvds will play back in pal 60 slightly different than the pal 50 on region 2
    read here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

Advertisement