Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slap Bass Repetoire

Options
  • 13-06-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

I've got most of the main techniques involved in slap bass (everything from Ed Friedland's Ultimate Slap Bass DVD) and so I'd like to learn a few tunes to get a bit of a repetoire going. Can anyone suggest some basic to intermediate slap tunes to get me slapping away. I dont want any Vic Wooton tripple popping on the same string madness, just some good slap bass tunes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Any of RHCP's song. Most of them aren't too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

but some of em are :p

i was learning some yesterday funny enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Try Pow by Larry Graham and Graham Central Station. Funky as they come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Parsley wrote: »
    Try Pow by Larry Graham and Graham Central Station. Funky as they come!

Yep thats defo on the list. I'm a big fan of larrys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Try some korn :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Try some korn :-)

I dont have the bass for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

good dont bother the korn bass riffs sound ridiculous, clikity click click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Barnocious

eoin5 wrote: »
    I've got most of the main techniques involved in slap bass (everything from Ed Friedland's Ultimate Slap Bass DVD) and so I'd like to learn a few tunes to get a bit of a repetoire going. Can anyone suggest some basic to intermediate slap tunes to get me slapping away. I dont want any Vic Wooton tripple popping on the same string madness, just some good slap bass tunes.

Hey man, just check out some of the you tube guys, one in perticular is marlowedk. I was in the same position as you two months ago until i found this guy, he has 260 vids at present and counting.........a library of funk for you to choose from!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really do wish I could get the hang of slap bass :'(.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Barnocious wrote: »
    Hey man, just check out some of the you tube guys, one in perticular is marlowedk. I was in the same position as you two months ago until i found this guy, he has 260 vids at present and counting.........a library of funk for you to choose from!
    I just took a look at MarlowDK, his stuff seems pretty good.

I like this jam video for example:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Barnocious

Cool beans...i'm glad you like!

Heres some of my favorites:
    East river - Brecker Bros
    The Jam - Graham Central Station
    Stomp - Brothers Johnson (Middle section is rippin'!)
    Up The Creek - The Temptations.

Enjoy!

Advertisement