Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower

Options
  • 13-06-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Anyone know how to service a briggs and stratten 35 classic lawnmower.
    Its revs have slowed down alot recently.
    Its about two/three years old with only a small amount of hours worked for its age.

I look forward to any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

if it hasn't been serviced before I would change the oil, air filter and spark plug. Be sure not to overfill the oil when replacing. Under the carburettor there is a little bowl held by a nut, Undo the nut and remove and clean before replacing.
    Also the blades could do with sharpening. Undo the nut and remove the blades.Use a grinder or file to sharpen the edge.To balance the blades place the blades on a nail and position horizontally, the heavier side will swing downwards, file down the bevel edge (keeping the angle of the bevel) until the blades remain horizontal on the nail. Replace and tighten nut. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

If the revs have slowed, check that the throttle mechanism is moving through it's full travel at the carburettor end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Thanks for the info folks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 oxomoxo

My briggs and stratton lawn mower keeps slipping gears and is now not letting me go in reverse. Is there a good lawnmower mechanic that somebody could recommend in the drogheda area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

B&S make engines, not lawnmowers.
    gears would be part of lawnmower.
    Your drive belt has probably stretched or a spring for one of the guide pulleys is broke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 oxomoxo

Your right it is a b and s engine. I'll have a look at the drive belt and spring as she if its broken. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 senna404

bmaxi wrote: »
    If the revs have slowed, check that the throttle mechanism is moving through it's full travel at the carburettor end.

Usually it's the diafram in carberatto that's gone

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Have a Briggs Stratton 470 that I love. Bought s/hand 3 years ago and cuts my grass as I like it every ten days or so from Spring thro' summer. I clean the plug couple of times a year but it's just getting harder to start now needing 25 or 30 jerks and today the old hairdryer trick worked. How can I restore it's startup ? Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement