Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tow Bar for Civic

Options
  • 13-06-2008 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Need to get a tow bar for a 01 Civic 5 door hatch. I'm in the west but willing to travel to Athlone, Ennis or Limerick if someone recommends a good place. Need supply, fit and wire job. Any idea the cost too????

Have searched the forum but all seem to recommend Dublin which is just a bit too far!!!!!

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

islanderre wrote: »
    Folks,

Need to get a tow bar for a 01 Civic 5 door hatch. I'm in the west but willing to travel to Athlone, Ennis or Limerick if someone recommends a good place. Need supply, fit and wire job. Any idea the cost too????

Have searched the forum but all seem to recommend Dublin which is just a bit too far!!!!!

These guys are in Limerick:-

http://www.indespension.co.uk/b2c/app/I01230?slnk=1&ZOSTID=9

An ex neighbour of mine runs that branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Folks,

you can tow anything with a civic :confused: 120 or so fpt. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

S.I.R wrote: »
    you can tow anything with a civic :confused: 120 or so fpt. :eek:

I've noticed towbar on some fairly low powered cars lately. Couple of 1.4 meganes, a 1.4 Octavia and the older Corrolla. Dont know what these people think they will be towing but I wouldnt fancy buying the cars off them when they are finished.

Stekelly wrote: »
    I've noticed towbar on some fairly low powered cars lately. Couple of 1.4 megane's, a 1.4 Octavia and the older Corrolla. Don't know what these people think they will be towing but I wouldn't fancy buying the cars off them when they are finished.

corrolla VVTi is ok for towing say a small trailer on the the weekends or such but jasus, if you need something to tow with, buy a saab 9000 or a truck...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

S.I.R wrote: »
    corrolla VVTi is ok for towing say a small trailer on the the weekends or such but jasus, if you need something to tow with, buy a saab 9000 or a truck...

Would you like to take the chance that they werent using it to tow a trailer full of blocks around or just buy one without a towbar?:)

• Advertisement

doesn't really matter, just borrow a mates van for the time i'd need it....

simplifies everything :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Bazz26,

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that place a buzz durin the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bazz26,

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that place a buzz durin the week.

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Try tTow Fit

They do good work and come to you, but there based in laois so dont know how far they will travel

Advertisement