Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Physics

Options
  • 13-06-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Only few days left and I feel I worked well enough to cover a good bit of the course and I was just wondering about possible experiments comming up for section B...

I covered thermionic emmission, geiger muller counter, photoelectric emmission, lenz law, ac generator, induction motor, electromagnetic inductions,current carying conductor experiences a force in magentic field(moving coil loudspeaker, moving coil galvanometer), ampere,radiation (alpha,beta,gamma),ionisation

And I was wondering if there are more experiments that are likely to come up?

For section A my guess is for (but I cover all the experiments)
    f=ma
    resstivity of a wire
    fusion of ice
    sonometer(frequency of a wire)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mike-gunners

that is my guess aswell.i'd also keep an eye on" measuring g by free fall ". and "vapourisation of water".Also know your circular motion derivations of formulae and Heat aswell.i think there's gonna be a full question on light this year too.know your mechanics as it always comes up in Q6.also know ur particle physics and the electron.Do all Q5s from previous exam papers.

Advertisement