Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 4 Single Player

• 13-06-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Do you think it is worth getting COD4 just for single player, and an occasional offline multiplayer game? (I don't have Live) Should I forget about it and get The Orange Box instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

imo the single player campaign is thoroughly enjoyable but is severely limited - u cud finish it in a day with little effort on a regular difficulty setting. Personally i wouldnt buy it for full price just for the SP as on its own its bad value - this depends on the person, tho as some ppl may find playing through the SP campaign repeatedly more enjoyable - almost limitless fun available from the mp tho - u might get into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I agree, sp is not really worth 70 euro good and all as it is.
    Wait for a price drop, which should be due with the game being 6 months old and all.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Thanks. I think I'll leave it for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Now you can get COD world at war instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

If you cant play it online then dont waste €70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

the thing is though, it's not 70 quid anymore is it? You could probably get a preowned copy for less than 40.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's still paying more than it's worth for the SP campaign I think. I did love the SP, but it coulda done with being 4 hours longer. I finished it in 1 day at a LAN in-between multiplayer games (and I've got AWFUL aim :)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Andyfbt

I wouldn't get this game just for single player. Got it at Christmas and completed it in a few hours. But then I got the internet hooked up to me computer and played online and I still play it every day. It's unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Single player is great craic, but it was multiplayer that extended the playability and really made the game worth buying for me. If you don't like the price in your local games store try looking at sites like www.play.com.

Advertisement