Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

24 hours to Driving Test

Options
  • 13-06-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

I've just about 24hours before i sit my driving test ... First time attempt and need to, seriously need to pass tomorrow ...

I feel strangely confident; well not worried more so than confident :pac: .

I've my test in the busy tourist town, on a saturday, with exams almost over and more people out on the roads ... Any last minute tips or advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Hi Kerry4sam

Sat mine yesterday but failed. Heres a few tips which cost me big time - make sure you know your theory 100%, remember to cancel your indicators, and never let yourself believe if you are doing brilliant until you have parked up.

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

I have mine on Monday :pac:

Take your time, anticipate well ahead, be aware of your surroundings at all times and elaborate these observations, listen well to the tester's instructions. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I've just about 24hours before i sit my driving test ... First time attempt and need to, seriously need to pass tomorrow ...

I feel strangely confident; well not worried more so than confident :pac: .

I've my test in the busy tourist town, on a saturday, with exams almost over and more people out on the roads ... Any last minute tips or advice would be welcome.

best of luck kerry waiting to redo my test..mate of mine passed this morning and he did no lesons or anything all on luck of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

Great to hear that you are confident, just remember that you are doing the test for your benefit, not the examiners. Drive as you normally would and you'll be grand.

I was pretty confident going into my test but as soon as it started my legs turned to absolute jelly. I was shaking for the first 5 minutes :o But you quickly settle into it.

Seeing as you are doing yours in an area you know will be busy make sure you take your time and expect the unexpected. Observation and anticipation are such a huge part of the test. If you make a mistake it's not the end of the world, try put it behind you and get back to driving like normal asap. Don't be afraid to ask the examiner to repeat a direction if you don't hear him/her properly the first time and above all else, just try to relax.

Best of luck :)

sorry to hear that kerry..i know how you feel..i failed on observation back in april..reapply asap im waiting to redo it feel alot more confident this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thanks to everyone above for your advice and support ... I am not long back now and it ain't good news ...

He asked was it my first provisional - YES ; Was it my first time doing the test - YES; and

then at the end He said i had essentially passed everything but because my progress wasn't great he couldn't allow me to pass overall. He said at ONE roundabout i had a chance to move on but i didn't and because of that i he couldn't allow me to pass this time :mad:

I answered all the roadsigns right ... I had all the technical checks right ... I answered everything from under the bonet right and because the traffic was so busy at this ONE roundabout where people were not indicating and i wasn't prepared to take the risk and move on he failed me

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Sorry to hear that. I failed too and it is a kick in the eye! Reapply now and get some more lessons. I did mine in a really busy area and got done for reaction to hazard and progress, so know how you feel...

Chin up and reapply;)

Celtic07 wrote: »
    sorry to hear that kerry..i know how you feel..i failed on observation back in april..reapply asap im waiting to redo it feel alot more confident this time

How long are you waiting now to re-apply? He told me today i can have a test again in 5weeks ... Just re-applied and paid on-line there for another test

How long are you waiting now to re-apply? He told me today i can have a test again in 5weeks ... Just re-applied and paid on-line there for another test

i reapplyed 6 weeks ago now still no word yet though :rolleyes: all a money racket

mrsberries wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. I failed too and it is a kick in the eye! Reapply now and get some more lessons. I did mine in a really busy area and got done for reaction to hazard and progress, so know how you feel...

Chin up and reapply;)

It's reassuring to know that i'm so close to passing and once i don't pick up any/many bad habits over the next few weeks i should get through next time...

As for hazzards ... Just as i was doing my 3-point turn a dog decided to wander out from a house and watch from the curb...I didn't know if he was going to come out onto the road or not! But he was content to observe and went back in then as i was leaving the area :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

It's reassuring to know that i'm so close to passing and once i don't pick up any/many bad habits over the next few weeks i should get through next time...

As for hazzards ... Just as i was doing my 3-point turn a dog decided to wander out from a house and watch from the curb...I didn't know if he was going to come out onto the road or not! But he was content to observe and went back in then as i was leaving the area :rolleyes:

Its those little things that can put you off and ruin a test. Thats why luck plays a big part too. Hopefully next time you get a smooth run.

Celtic07 wrote: »
    i reapplyed 6 weeks ago now still no word yet though :rolleyes: all a money racket

your right there ... There are over 100jobs gone once the back-log of tests is down to a sufficient level as they won't be needed any longer! The more that fail, the more that have to re-apply, the more testers that are needed to keep the backlog down!

Fricking annoying though for people who need to pass and they pull you on things like being over-cautious :mad:

your right there ... There are over 100jobs gone once the back-log of tests is down to a sufficient level as they won't be needed any longer! The more that fail, the more that have to re-apply, the more testers that are needed to keep the backlog down!

Fricking annoying though for people who need to pass and they pull you on things like being over-cautious :mad:

will take you a few days to get over it did for me anyway..

Devia wrote: »
    Its those little things that can put you off and ruin a test. Thats why luck plays a big part too. Hopefully next time you get a smooth run.

I was even brought down through the town in the midst of heavy traffic and being honest i have never seen a learner driver doing a test in a town centre ; In my town they normally keep the tests to the outskirts and into a housing estate then for 3-point-turn and reversing. It was as i was at a roundabout leaving the town then that i got nailed

Advertisement