Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stadium expansion

Options
  • 13-06-2008 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Right I managed to win the 2013 Euro Cup (Uefa cup) with MVV and I asked the board to expand the stadium as it is packed out for every game (10,000 capacity is all it is). The board agreed that a club of our stature needed a bigger stadium and plans were afoot to expand our stadium.
    A week or two later we were informed that the local council lobbied against our proposal for expansion and planning permission was denied.
    Where can we go from here? Is there a chance we could build a new stadium? If so what kind of bankroll would be required (we have about £11million now)?
    Or am I just totally stuck? Its a nuisance because I doubt we can ever reach our full potential without vastly improving attendances.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

happened me before that an expansion was denied. tried again later (about 6 months) and a larger amount was approved. any kind of higher up board room stuff like that is very buggy. no idea on the bank balance though...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I imagine it may have something to do with funds considering stadiums arent cheap. Ive managed to get the bank balance up to 25million thanks to some clever transfer dealings. I'll try again at the end of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

if you are constantly winning trophies, and packing out the stadium the board will eventually set about building a new stadium.......could take many more years though. chelsea normally have to wait about 10-15 seasons before normally moving to the zola arena!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

if you are constantly winning trophies, and packing out the stadium the board will eventually set about building a new stadium.......could take many more years though. chelsea normally have to wait about 10-15 seasons before normally moving to the zola arena!

i've never had Chelsea move to a new stadium. although I've had them expand Stamford Bridge to nearly 90,000 in less than 10 seasons. i've never actually seen a team move stadium in the game. always a slow but steady stadium expansion. on average about 5,000 a year with the sucessful teams.

Do you get to name the stadium yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Nah I dont think you name it yourself,sometimes they name it after you and sometimes they name it after a club legend.

I quit my Halifax game after about 8 seasons coz of a bug with stadiums,every time the board done up my stadium it would go back to the original size the next time I saved it which happened four times,Quite quite annoying.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ive not won the premiership yet, 2nd by 1 point last season, 3rd the season before. Got to the Champions league semis twice, FA cup final once and won, won the league cup once.

3 times the board have increase my stadium capacity. About 10000 each time. Im up with the likes of Old Trafford capacity now.

Ask again in a few months... and get to the latter stages of competitions, or win them.

Two seasons in a row now the board have agreed the stadium needs tobe bigger but the local counsel keeps turning down our plans. is there any way to get around this or is the stadium's potential maxed out? (its 10,000, always has been)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I had Stamford Bridge up to 89,000, when that wasn't enough we moved to the 96,000 seter Abramovich arena.

Galvasean your pretty much stuck but eventually your board should build a new stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

i managed bray wanderers and had a 20000 stadium capacity, 1000 seated, 19000 terrace!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement