Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hostels to use while interrailing

• 13-06-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

new to all this but seems to be a very informative site. i am going interrailing with another lad and just wondering have anybody any info on hostels to stay at in the following cities. Prague,budapest,krakow,berlin,munich and amsterdam. ive heard of the circus hostel in berlin and stranger in krakow. other than that i dont no of any. cheap and gud craic, good location with alot of irish if possible. any suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tdp-carol

The Hostelling International hostels are generally pretty good, and you can even book in advance through the website.

http://www.hihostels.com/

For Irish company, I would just head for the nearest Irish bar, wherever you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

new to all this but seems to be a very informative site. i am going interrailing with another lad and just wondering have anybody any info on hostels to stay at in the following cities. Prague,budapest,krakow,berlin,munich and amsterdam. ive heard of the circus hostel in berlin and stranger in krakow. other than that i dont no of any. cheap and gud craic, good location with alot of irish if possible. any suggestions appreciated

In Prague I stayed at 'Old Prague Hostel", it was pretty basic, but the guys who ran it were really nice. I left my perscription sun glasses there and they were kind enough to post them back home for me!

In Berlin, I stayed at BaxPax, which was a really great hostel, just across from a Metro stop, cool lounge area with pool tables to chill out, was the best hostel I stayed in on my trip.

I didn't visit the other destinations so I can't help you there. I went about three summers though, so things could have changed, check out hostelworld.ie (i think) for some up to date reviews and prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

You can't miss The Flying Pig hostels in Amsterdam... sound people working there, sound people staying there... great craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I just came from Budapest to Croatia today and we stayed in a hostel called the Back Pack guesthouse. It has deffinitely been one of the best of our trip so far. Its very hippyish but everyone is really friendly and it has a very cool vibe. Beer is only a euro a bottle too. We stayed a little bit outside of Berlin in a very cool part with cheap dorms but I cant remember what it was called. Check out a place called the Generator Hostel though in berlin. Looks very cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Do a quick search of the forum, there have been loads of thread on this in the past. Enjoy your trip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I just got back from Berlin and stayed in the 'Heart of Gold Hostel'. It's a Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy themed place. Very good I must say. 24 hour bar and it's very central for a place like Berlin. It's not really a party hostel though which is good if you want to actually get out of the hostel. If you want to stay in the hostel and get mashed then just go to the Generator.

In Prague I stayed in a place called Centrum. The only redeeming feature about this place was that it was so central. Other than that, it's a fcuking kip.

In Munich I stayed in a place called The Tent which was great craic and absolutely dirt cheap.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

M450 wrote: »
    You can't miss The Flying Pig hostels in Amsterdam... sound people working there, sound people staying there... great craic!

Ill second that! Just came back from amsterdam a few days ago. After being there 3 times nd staying in 3 different hostels i have to say that this one is definitely my favourite! I stayed in the Downtown hostel in the middle of the Red Light District. Its quite a lively place mainly because everyone who stays/works there is between 18-30 years old. If u want somewhere a bit more quiet but still good go for the Bulldog which is just a few streets over

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

id recommend leaba hostel in krakow-i think the owner has died since i was there but i think the hostel is still open

Advertisement