Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Coldplay - New Album

• 13-06-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Just heard Coldplay on J Ross

New stuff sounds good - was wondering if anyone had heard it in full yet ?

Is it worth a purchase ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just downloading it (from itunes) off the back of that performance on Jonathan Ross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I like that funky last tune they played on JR tonight which i think is their latest single release .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Heard two of the songs set for release.

X&Y bored me to tears but I was a big fan of Parachutes and Rush Of Blood.
    Hopefully a return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Its a class album, the two songs violet hill and viva la vida are worth price on there own ( they were the two performed on jr last night)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cemetries of London is also a good tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Coldplay genre Rock & Metal ??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

hyn-zie wrote: »

Yeah i was a bit confused too........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

hyn-zie wrote: »

If you have nothing to add, why bother posting ?

Use the report button if you have a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

muletide wrote: »
    If you have nothing to add, why bother posting ?

Use the report button if you have a problem
    How ironic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ok, enough off-topicness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peteballagh

Absolutely fantastic album. Not one weak song there. Although I thought X+Y was good, it wasn't ground breaking while this Definitely is imo. Fair play to them for experimenting, it's paid off, the album went platinum after three days one of the fastest selling albums in history. VIVA LA COLDPLAY!!!!

Lovers in Japan and Viva la Vida are the best i think btw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I cant stop listening to Lost, it was on repeat for about an hour yesterday. It is amazing, the whole album is but that track is the standout for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Is there any other upbeat viva la vida-esque tracks worth downloading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peteballagh

Lovers In Japan is very upbeat, absolutely fantastic drum performance great allround song

Also try Lost, Cemeteries of London, and maybe Yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

yeah got to listen to this album a few days before its release through ColdPLay's MySpace. Was really impressed. Off to buy it now.
    Was just chilling when listening to it, think I was actually just sitting there petting my two cats not noticing the time drift by.. Some great tracks on it.

Any time Viva La Vida comes on the radio I really wanna start shaking my hips to it! Really catchy tune. However i'm not sure if they do it justice live. JR was a bit weak if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tune into Joe Duffy at 1.45, someone is going to prove the album contains little more than other bands riffs and melodies. Should be fun

www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

didn't get to listen to it mike65.
    What was the outcome?
    Whats your own thoughts?

Personally I think its very easy to sit back and slate someone else's music as nothing other than re-hashed melodies and chord progressions....but try and come up with a new song yourself...different story.

Personally I love Coldplay's music. wouldn't go see them in concert...wouldn't buy any merchandise...not into the whole 'fanatic' side of things...but i would certainly sit down with my cup of tea / can of coke and throw the album on and listen to it in its entirety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

yep, good album. Quite orchestral, lil different to previous work.
    Although I thought the performance on Wossy was pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Losvers in Japan is excellent but it borrows heavily from Power Out by Arcade Fire. Really good album. I was very impressed by them live on BBC2 yesterday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

aoife161 wrote: »
    didn't get to listen to it mike65.
    What was the outcome?
    Whats your own thoughts?

For some reason they never got round to it, spent the show talking about other stuff. I have no opinion on the album as I can't stand Coldplay or anything they (read Chris Martin) stand for.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

About as interesting as a lump of peanut butter on a beige carpet

Advertisement