Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 airbag sensor - loose wire

Options
  • 14-06-2008 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

The Airbag light is on in my car at the moment, I got the local mechanic to have connect it up to see what the fault code is

Turns out its an open circuit in the front drivers side sensor. Now infairness to the mechanic he only checked the fault code, didnt have time to go looking for the problem.

I checked both the sensors yesterday evening and the drivers side has had the wire's taped back into it and insulating tape around the wires.

Would it be safe to check the sensor for a loose wire and if so fix it or should I just buy a new sensor?

BTW - I gave the car a knock last year ... needed a new bumper and drivers side wing, so i'd say this is why the wire on the snesor is like that...even thought the airbag didnt go off in the accident.

thanks in advance

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't like the sound of the 'taped up' wires on anything to do with an airbag. Get it repaired to correct specification. I'd imagine either you have loose wires at that connection or else the sensor is kaput - both can cause an open circuit.

Advertisement