Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zombie experiments...

• 14-06-2008 9:45am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you captured a Zombie or three, what experiments would you like to carry out?

I'd like to check what flesh a zombie has preference for. For example, if some animals scent could put them off human. Obvious choices include pig, lamb, cow, etc.

I'd also like to check how fast water and saltwater degrades their body.

You?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Just poke it with a stick for a couple of hours, they look sticky....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Tie one to a bungie cord and stand just out of reach. BOING.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

I know it's pretty gruesome, but I think I would experiment on the best ways to kill them. You never know there might be something that is poisonous to them but not to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭navin.r.johnson

I suppose, for humanitys sake, I'd try to find a cure. Of course lacking any medical qualifications that might be tricky. If I could round up 22 of them I'd get a game of ball going. Try to crack the age old question, can zombies play the offside trap? Or social experiment might be more appropriate; can another 3 million zombies pass a No vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i'd like to see what happens if you get one stoned. will it slow their movements? will it pacify them somewhat? will it affect their metabolism? do they prefer to eat it or smoke it? all really important questions that need answered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

i'd like to see what happens if you get one stoned. will it slow their movements? will it pacify them somewhat? will it affect their metabolism? do they prefer to eat it or smoke it? all really important questions that need answered.

Just look out for Brian Cowen on the news.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I suppose, for humanitys sake, I'd try to find a cure.

A cure for death?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not sure it'd work... they don't really have a metabolism, per se...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'd test what kind of potent fragence I could put on myself so the zombie wouldn't get the urge to chew on me. Yes, I'll go as far as smearing myself with poo to see if it'll stop them paying attention to me (ironic, eh?)..........all in the name of humanity.

I'll cut the zombie open and feed him his own stomach, just for shìts & giggles!

Swap his arms and legs around thus giving him legs for arms & arms for legs, see how he adjusts.

Inject all sorts of wacky stuff into him, colour-dye into his eye would be an interesting one.

Inject some nasty stuff into his head to see how big it can inflame.

Can you knock a zombie out? Punching him constantly in the back of the head, shovel over the head, drop an anvil on his head......you know, cartoony stuff!

Chop off the top half of his head to see if he can still survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Carve them up, grab some non-zombie hostages and see if there's a way to make the zombie meat safe to eat.

*queue weird zombie accent*
    In mother Ireland humans eat you.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

There should be no reason to capture a Zombie

Its about survival people, SURVIVAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭navin.r.johnson

Teferi wrote: »
    A cure for death?

A reprogramming maybe but why not a cure for death too? We are discussing the probability of getting our hands on a few zombies here. Why dont we go all out start the thread over again with 'If you had a Holodeck and you could have zomies in it..'.

unreggd wrote: »
    There should be no reason to capture a Zombie

Its about survival people, SURVIVAL

A good survivalist gathers as much data as possible.

what if our friend above figured out a scent that would stop zombies smelling you? How useful would that be to survival?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

But what about ethical standards? Should we be experimenting on Zombies? Do not Zombies have human (or post-human) rights?

Is there someone from Amnesty International and Friends of the earth who might be able to shed some light on this thorny moral issue?

dogmatix wrote: »
    But what about ethical standards? Should we be experimenting on Zombies? Do not Zombies have human (or post-human) rights?

Is there someone from Amnesty International and Friends of the earth who might be able to shed some light on this thorny moral issue?

They'll be the first infected come Z day. Zombies favourite taste is not in fact brains, but irony. :)

Advertisement