Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why were Biffo's people the last to report in?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

It seems he delayed the result so as he could talk to London/Paris/Brussels/Bonn/ Prague/etc

before he had to address the people of Ireland.

Speaks volumes for where they see their responsibility.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think they were hiding in a cupboard myself.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Laois Offaly seem to always be last lately. Same thing happened in the General election. Time to fire a few counters and get in people who arent paid by the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

duhh we are slow here haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That's an unfair comment ircoha.

The delay was probably due to the fact that it has the largest constituency electorate in the country at 105,053 slightly ahead of Carlow-Kilkenny.
    In addition, it had the largest turnout in terms of individuals. 56,992 people voted.
    http://www.ireland.com/focus/thelisbontreaty/interactive/results.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

snubbleste wrote: »
    That's an unfair comment ircoha.

The delay was probably due to the fact that it has the largest constituency electorate in the country at 105,053 slightly ahead of Carlow-Kilkenny.
    In addition, it had the largest turnout in terms of individuals. 56,992 people voted.
    http://www.ireland.com/focus/thelisbontreaty/interactive/results.html

Perhaps re the counting and If so I take it back, but he certainly should have addressed the nation before talking to the other people: I was embarrassed to have to listen to Barroso tell me what our elected leader was thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ircoha wrote: »
    Perhaps re the counting and If so I take it back, but he certainly should have addressed the nation before talking to the other people: I was embarrassed to have to listen to Barroso tell me what our elected leader was thinking.

I don't agree ... The result of the Treay was obvious to everyone long before the result from Laois/Offaly ... I don't mind that he spoke with other nations before addressing the people of Ireland. What could he have said or What has he said to the people of Ireland that has made any difference since the result was announced. He has and had more pressing and re-assuring to see to with the other nations IMO

It's purely co-incidence that Cowens' home constituency was the last to report in IMO

Advertisement