Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a part time job in weekend

Options
  • 14-06-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am a PhD student in the college for 3 years. I am wondering where to find a part time job just to meet people or spend my spare time. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

phd student who cant spell weekend :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I run a website which gathers all the part-time jobs from the various websites, e.g. monster, recruitireland, loadzajobs, etc.

The link is in my signature.

If you're just looking to meet people or do something with your free time, you could join a sports club or do a course, e.g. an art course or acting? You'll find lots of courses on the website http://www.nightcourses.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is Weedend a new suburb in Galway that I have'nt heard of?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's where all the hippies live :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ill give ya a fiver a week to cut the lawn. That 14 year old isnt pulling his weight this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Why don't you try a pub? Even if you don't manage the interview, so they aren't keen on paying you, they will still let you hang around on the other side of the counter provided you buy the occasional beer. Normally this is quite a good way of meeting people, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 shamrock2008

DRakE wrote: »
    phd student who cant spell weekend :eek:
    :D

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is Weedend a new suburb in Galway that I have'nt heard of?
    Come on, I am just here for a couple of days. I found here a wonderful place to communicate.

JustMary wrote: »
    Why don't you try a pub? Even if you don't manage the interview, so they aren't keen on paying you, they will still let you hang around on the other side of the counter provided you buy the occasional beer. Normally this is quite a good way of meeting people, too.
    I am such a shy foreigner that I should find some way to hide the intention of meeting people directly. I think part-time job is good.

Krieg wrote: »
    Ill give ya a fiver a week to cut the lawn. That 14 year old isnt pulling his weight this year
    You must be generous and humorous:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If the job doesn't work out, why not volunteer at Amnesty Cafe? The lads in there are multicultural and generally nice, and ya get free coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

inisboffin wrote: »
    If the job doesn't work out, why not volunteer at Amnesty Cafe? The lads in there are multicultural and generally nice, and ya get free coffee!
    he's trying to find a way to _reduce_ his boredom?

I am a PhD student in the college for 3 years. I am wondering where to find a part time job just to meet people or spend my spare time. Any help will be appreciated.

DRakE, I think this is the post I was responding to...didn't see the word boredom in there?:p

Anyway, you obviously are in there a lot to make the observation that someone would be bored...so???

Seriously tho, it is a good place OP, I had a friend who was new to town and volunteered there, made loads of friends without needing to become a p*sshead;)

Where on earth is the Cafe you recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Amnesty Cafe

From lynchs castle you should see an O2 phone shop, go down that pedestrian road and take a right. The cafe is just on the left

Kind of a useless map, but I marked the loc.
    http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6481/galwaymapha6.gif

Thanks Krieg :)
    Yeah, top end of Middle Street where it intersects Abbeygate St (St with 02 shop). The cafe is also a shop, they are in the middle of expanding the back of it, but it is still open. You'll see little metal tables and chairs outside.
    depending on who serves you (disclaimer) you will get the best latte in town there. It is volunteer staffed, so you might have to try a few times ;)
    OR make it yourself ;)

Good luck with your search OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

why are you looking to work to meet people. join a sports club, comedy club damn even the chess club would be better.

why are you looking to work to meet people. join a sports club, comedy club damn even the chess club would be better.

Yeah, chess club would have tons of people chatting:rolleyes:
    Nah, nothing against chess club here.

I suggested the Amnesty caf as
    1. Good cause
    2. Pretty mixed crowd volunteering and clientele
    3. Fun and easy going
    4 Music there every week
    5. Good coffee
    6. A friend from overseas LOVED it

Verbal kint is right, could join a club too, but I don't think it's a competition..
    Suss it out.

Advertisement