Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics/Chemistry

Options
  • 14-06-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just had a look at a few papers for this combined exam. It seems to be a fairly easy exam, especially if you do both physics and chemistry. And there's a lot of choice on the paper too.

So what's the catch? Why don't more people do this exam?.. To me it would seem logical for someone who's good at both to give it a go. Especially as it doesn't go too indepth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

The exam is on at the same time as Physics, so you couldn't do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

yeah the only problem is you can't use it along with physics or chemisrty for points either. Heh, I was almost considering doing it there for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shanedownfall

I realised you couldn't do physics and physics/chemistry because they are on at the same time. But i would of considered doing chemistry along with it, as physics is my weaker area of both anyway.

Didn't know that about the points not being counted for both. Cheers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

I think if you do two subject at the same time, then you have to stay on afterwards...

I think I should have done physics + chemistry, it would be a nice a1 to throw on my cv, even if I don't use it for points...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Doesn't apply for Physics/Chemistry and either of Physics or Chemistry; also doesn't apply for Classical Studies and Latin, or Economics and Agricultural Economics. Most other subjects that are scheduled simultaneously, however, can be sat one after the other - for example, Latin and Construction Studies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'm pretty sure if you take either chemistry or physics you can't take the combined exam, to much of an advantage and what not

Advertisement