Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legends match

Options
  • 14-06-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

anyone going tonight, sligo rovers v liverpool fc, liverpool side made of of players from the 80's, sligo from their 1983 and 1994 teams, possibly some other guest faces as well,

sligo side
    Alan Patterson,
    Nicky Broujos,
    Gavin Dykes,
    Gerry Carr,
    Ian Lynch,
    Mark Hutchinson,
    Nigel O’Connell,
    Paul Fielding,
    Edna Scanlon,
    Will Hastie,
    Johnny Kenny,
    Damien Dunleavy,
    Mick Savage,
    Harry McLoughlin,
    Kevin McCool,
    Paul McGee,
    John Skeffington,
    Gus Gilligan,
    Tony Fagan,
    Chris Rutherford,
    Tony Stenson,
    Martin McDonnell,
    Glen Shannon.

names confirmed for the liverpool side as of 18th may (any one know of any further names anounced, can find them my self),
    Ian Rush,
    Jan Molby,
    Ronnie Whelan,
    John Aldridge,
    Alan Kennedy,
    Phil Neil,
    Gary Gillespie,
    Rob Jones,
    Mike Marsh,
    John Wark,
    Paul Walsh,
    John Durnin,
    Bob Boulder.

match is at 5pm, 14th june '08, at the sligo show grounds
    Liverpool legends to battle Bit O'Red

On Saturday June 14th legends will collide in the Showgrounds as Sligo Rovers Legends take on the Liverpool Legends in what promises to be a unique and memorable occassion.

The Liverpool side will be made up of some of the greatest players to ever play for the Anfield side.

European cup winners, league championship winners they may be, but never have they experienced the passion of The Showgrounds nor the cream of the Rovers' 1983 and 1994 teams.

sligorovers.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Keith Foy will be playing a farewell game for Rovers too

Ronnie Whelan is doing analysis for the Spain Sweden game now so cant see him making it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I got my ticket a few weeks ago, put it in a safe place.......and completely forgot about it until 12 minutes ago. :(

Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

gustavo wrote: »

Ronnie Whelan is doing analysis for the Spain Sweden game now so cant see him making it :)

he didn't make it, not a bad game, seen a few of my boyhood heros again, loads of pictures (only a few any good though), a 2 - 0 win to liverpool, with cookie playing for them in the second half

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My nephew is just back from this and he really enjoyed himself. I'm surprised they don't do it more often.

Advertisement