Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden v Spain 17.00 hrs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

How the fuck?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

How did that not end up in the net.:eek:

Tasty link up play between between Villa and Silva.

Swedes look a but clueless as to what to do without Zlatan

Spain looking likelier to win this now.

Sweden fouling a lot now.

Chances on the ref to give a balancing up peno?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Is it just me or do Sweden look like this years Greece?

Effort from Ayrton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just the 94% pass completion rate for Xavi today.

I'd take Fabregas ahead of him any day.

davyjose wrote: »
    I'd take Fabregas ahead of him any day.

Why? Apart from age I can't see any reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Pigman II wrote: »
    Is it just me or do Sweden look like this years Greece?
    slightly...

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why? Apart from age I can't see any reason.

Ah I think Fabregas is a class act. To be honest, I think Xavi is class too, but I think Cesc will be a top 3 player in the world in the not-too-distant future.

I think Mellberg has been immense for the Swedes in their battle to get a draw. Surely Man of the Match unless Torres manages to sneak a winner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

villa what a time to score, tidy finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Villa ya gent! Get in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Charlie you are blessed

And he's won it!

What a winner from Villa after doing pretty much nothing all game. Cheeky :p

Throw another £5m on his price?

Fair play to the Spanish - were way more up for it especially in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just about deserved.

They won't win though, too many sidways passes and lack of ooomph that the Dutch showed when getting forwards.

Mike

What a winner from Villa after doing pretty much nothing all game. Cheeky :p

Throw another £5m on his price?

Fair play to the Spanish - were way more up for it especially in the second half.

Rightfully so.

Bit disppointed for the Swedish, definitely want them to qualify in 2nd. Might not happen now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

mike65 wrote: »
    Just about deserved.

They won't win though, too many sidways passes and lack of ooomph that the Dutch showed when getting forwards.

Mike

Yeah, what the fup was up with them. Reminded me of Arsenal in their downturn.

Lol at thefantasy football site giving Villa MOM. I'll take it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Anyone think that Sweden might not roll over against Holland, I've been impressed so far and Ibra seems on form

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Anyone think that Sweden might not roll over against Holland, I've been impressed so far and Ibra seems on form

When are they playing Holland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Agreed. They'll prove a stiffer challenge than most think.

They're very good at the back and will play much further forward as a team in the knockout stages.

Me thinks they were kind of settling for a draw late on today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

have xavi in fantasy football and he gets taken off after 58 minutes, could aragones not have at least let him play 60? At least i have torres too

They have to qualify first mate. Anyway, I think Holland are the strongest team in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

cit drunk on way home now, no luck wit ticket today. Stayed outside stadium till 5mins after kickoff, scarcity of tickets and about a million swedes made it a no go. Even then tickets wer still going for 400. Went to the bergesil stadium instead to watch big screen for free, savage atmosphere tho again 90 percent swedes. Found a little pocket of spanish to watch with, excellent finish to the game!
    Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I say it every two years but I'm starting to believe again this year might be Spain's after all. Ok their defense isn't impressive but that hasn't stopped Brazil from winning 5 World Cups or Madrid from winning 9 European Cups. And the only other really in-form team with an amazing attack (Holland) are no great shakes at the back either.

I don't understand why Sergio Ramos has been so poor though, he's been Madrid's best and most consistent outfield performer over the last two seasons and any Spanish football pundit will say the same. Hopefully it's just a minor blip in form and he'll be starring in the dream Iberian final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

kinaldo wrote: »
    I say it every two years but I'm starting to believe again this year might be Spain's after all. Ok their defense isn't impressive but that hasn't stopped Brazil from winning 5 World Cups or Madrid from winning 9 European Cups. And the only other really in-form team with an amazing attack (Holland) are no great shakes at the back either.

I don't understand why Sergio Ramos has been so poor though, he's been Madrid's best and most consistent outfield performer over the last two seasons and any Spanish football pundit will say the same. Hopefully it's just a minor blip in form and he'll be starring in the dream Iberian final.

So you've given up on Greece then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

bohsman wrote: »
    So you've given up on Greece then?
    Ha. In fairness I couldn't even name one of their players! But never before has it felt so good to be so wrong. Their lame title defense was akin to Denmark's in Euro 96.

Advertisement