Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Applying to join the Police Service of Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Che75 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Just one question that's been annoying me. I'm almost set to submit my application but have noticed that the guidelines insist you put the word 'County' or 'Co.' in the box to indicate what County you were born. This would be all well and good if the word 'County' wasn't written opposite the box already. Why the need to repeat it?? Also, this is my first time applying and heard the failure rate for first timers is higher than Jim Morrison. Much truth? Thanks.

much much truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 OnFire

Che75 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Just one question that's been annoying me. I'm almost set to submit my application but have noticed that the guidelines insist you put the word 'County' or 'Co.' in the box to indicate what County you were born. This would be all well and good if the word 'County' wasn't written opposite the box already. Why the need to repeat it?? Also, this is my first time applying and heard the failure rate for first timers is higher than Jim Morrison. Much truth? Thanks.

Hey it is the case for most but I have heard of a right few who have got in first time & with pretty good scores including myself! Don't automatically assume cos its your first attempt you'll not get in. Put 110% into it and you may surprise yourself - I did!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭bet0409

OnFire wrote: »
    Hey it is the case for most but I have heard of a right few who have got in first time & with pretty good scores including myself! Don't automatically assume cos its your first attempt you'll not get in. Put 110% into it and you may surprise yourself - I did!!!!

Same for me, I think the failure rate is high no matter whether its your first time applying or not - between 8000-10000 applications each year and only 440 places, which means a lot of disappointment for a lot of people.

But like onfire said, we both got lucky first time round and I think there are a few more in our intake for april who were applying first time this campaign, so it can happen. Take onfire's advice and put all your effort in, do lots of practice for the aptitude tests and assessment centre and keep hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 GazeeboBrown

I was just thinking - I might have forgotten to put Co. in my address on the application - as in, I just wrote "Dublin". Should I ring up after 10 days to check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

I was just thinking - I might have forgotten to put Co. in my address on the application - as in, I just wrote "Dublin". Should I ring up after 10 days to check?

Im freaking out too maaaan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Che75

Forget get about the stress of application forms and ISTs and take a while to have a liquid celebration of the Grand Slam! 61 years, folks. A timely reminder of what Protestants and Catholics can achieve standing side by side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dark1ne

i still haven't heard anything since applying 2-3 weeks ago!
    has anyone got a reply yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi all

cant anyone tell me is there a limit about the amout of times u can apply to join

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭emz2009

Hey Guys - I applied last week and received my test date a few days later. It says it can take up to 10 working days before you hear word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

dark1ne wrote: »
    i still haven't heard anything since applying 2-3 weeks ago!
    has anyone got a reply yet?

I heard within bout a week mate but if your havent heard after 2-3 weeks i would give them a phonecall just to check they got it ok :)
    redsurfer wrote: »
    hi all

cant anyone tell me is there a limit about the amout of times u can apply to join

To the best of my knowledge there is no limit to the amount of times, I applied seven times and only got the call on my seventh attempt, dunno if it was my merit or if they were fed up looking at me every campaign :D:p

• Advertisement

what is the phone no.? on the website all i can find is:
    Phone:Available to candidates (check the bottom of any letter we have sent you).

but i haven't received a letter yet....lol

what is the phone no.? on the website all i can find is:
    [/color]
    but i haven't received a letter yet....

Might Just have to e-mail them mate. I dunno if candidates are allowed to give it out or iwould give you it :confused:

there's a phone number on the faq page that you can ring for an application pack. i think i'll try that tomorrow!

Good stuff mate, hope you get it sorted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GaryF1

I got my IST date about 7 days after applying, looking forward to it in a bizzare sort of way! haha, my IST is in May!

Its the AC im worried about...if i get that far!!

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

I just checked the online application again and when i applied i must have made a noob mistake because i was never taken to the "equality & monitering" pages, i completed it again and got through the whole thing this time!

Yipee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

I just checked the online application again and when i applied i must have made a noob mistake because i was never taken to the "equality & monitering" pages, i completed it again and got through the whole thing this time!

Yipee
    lol nice one, your lucky, cause theres not long left!

smyff wrote: »
    lol nice one, your lucky, cause theres not long left!

i know, this friday closing date, thats why i tried online again because there's no way i could have got the application sent out and then back before friday!

To the best of my knowledge there is no limit to the amount of times, I applied seven times and only got the call on my seventh attempt, dunno if it was my merit or if they were fed up looking at me every campaign :D:p[/quote]

thank u

redsurfer wrote: »

thank u

No problem mate, all the best with your application :D

• Advertisement

hi all

can i get some advice please, i am away from home due to work and my app. form came in the letter box yesterday. is it ok for me to apply again on line,

s

Hi Red Surfer

I wouldn't see a problem with applying online as long as both applications are not submited... as the two options ( internet or paperform) are for the convenience of the candidate it should not be a problem.. why not phone recruitment to double check? :)

hi
    i just had a look online and not see the number around so i just applyed any way, sure what the worst that can happen :confused:

exactly dont be worrying as long as you didnt send in a paper one and an online one... just for admin purposes 2 different people could get the two different applications and allocate two different dates... if you know what I mean! Any how best of luck with C15 i hope you recieve your ist date soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

I'm from the ROI only problem is I have a driving conviction in the republic of ireland, I suppose this rules me out of any chance? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Shanley wrote: »
    I'm from the ROI only problem is I have a driving conviction in the republic of ireland, I suppose this rules me out of any chance? :(

Depends on the conviction. Your vetting will be done by the Gardai so they will pass on anything on your record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

aye depends on what it was and how long ago it happened - normally a few speeding fines etc don't rule you out but if you have ten then that would be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Shanley wrote: »

Once you make them aware of this in your application and its not for a very serious offence, it should not be a barrier to you being recruited. However if its for drink driving Id say forget it. Mate of mine got in with a 12 month ban for failing to stop for the guards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DAX1

From what I have read on this website so far, it seems that the training in Garnerville is quiet intense. On the other side, what is the social aspect to it like? Are trainees disencouraged from socializing in bars etc as a result of security threats? Would love to join up ,but woul like to have a bit of fun also...

Advertisement