Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Applying to join the Police Service of Northern Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Hey guys, would anyone be able to answer me this?

1. When was the last recruitment drive?
    2. Is it possible to set up an alert for when the next recruitment drive takes place?
    3. How often do they recruit?
    4. When will be the next recruitment drive?

Thank you in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

dunner515 wrote: »
    Hey guys, would anyone be able to answer me this?

1. When was the last recruitment drive?
    2. Is it possible to set up an alert for when the next recruitment drive takes place?
    3. How often do they recruit?
    4. When will be the next recruitment drive?

Thank you in advance

1. Last recruitment was in November 2013, process is still ongoing with the first batch expected to be starting in the coming months.
    2. I'm not sure of that, best thing to do is watch the boards and the psni website
    3. It depends on funding but before this recruitment I think the last one was 3 years ago. Before the economic downturn it was more regular the same as the AGS.
    4. Rumors suggest that there could be another recruitment in the next year if the current merit pool fails to yield enough suitable candidates

Hope that helps, if I can answer anything else Ill try

El_Triboy wrote: »

Hope that helps, if I can answer anything else Ill try

Thank you very much for the reply.

With regards to education criteria it states that "Applicants are required to have 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent1) at A*- C grade, including Maths and English."

What would the equivalent of that be to the Irish leaving certificate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Thank you very much for the reply.

With regards to education criteria it states that "Applicants are required to have 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent1) at A*- C grade, including Maths and English."

What would the equivalent of that be to the Irish leaving certificate?

A pass in the Leaving !

A pass in the Leaving !

Just passing the leaving certificate?
    Are certain grades required for specific subjects?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Just passing the leaving certificate?
    Are certain grades required for specific subjects?

As specified in the requirements you will need a pass in 5 subjects including English and Maths.

Doesn't mention any subject in particular other than English and Maths, therefore no, you don't need certain grades for specific subjects.

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Dont forget the IT qualification folks ;);) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pccc

I hear they are recruiting again in May this year, if you applied last time and didn't just make the mark at the assessment can we apply again for this campaign so soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Pccc wrote: »
    I hear they are recruiting again in May this year, if you applied last time and didn't just make the mark at the assessment can we apply again for this campaign so soon?

Should be able to, yeah. I think most services across the water have a six month period before you can apply elsewhere if you fail the AC, but I've never heard of that in NI.

Seems word of another drive in May is picking up.

Pccc wrote: »

Where did you hear that? Could you provide a link at all as I'd like to read up on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pccc

Where did you hear that? Could you provide a link at all as I'd like to read up on it

Just through word of mouth! Hopefully there is some truth to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MisterDaniel

Hello, everyone, first time poster here - This seems to be the correct thread to ask my question in :)

I'm moving to NI from England within the next two years to be closer to my extended family. It's been somewhat of a dream of mine to become a police officer. I'll be 18 by the time I'm over. Would my viability as a candidate for the PSNI be negatively affected due to my nationality, or am I fine to apply next time recruitment is open when I get over there?

Edit: Is there also a certain amount of time I must have lived in NI for before I can apply?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello, everyone, first time poster here - This seems to be the correct thread to ask my question in :)

I'm moving to NI from England within the next two years to be closer to my extended family. It's been somewhat of a dream of mine to become a police officer. I'll be 18 by the time I'm over. Would my viability as a candidate for the PSNI be negatively affected due to my nationality, or am I fine to apply next time recruitment is open when I get over there?

Edit: Is there also a certain amount of time I must have lived in NI for before I can apply?
    You've lived in the UK for the last 3 years so you have nothing to worry about at all.

Here is the actual eligibility criteria.

Welcome to the forum (and the site!), and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. It's why we're here.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Hi,

First time poster. I'm giving this a bump for the new recruitment drive that opened in May. Just submitted my application. Any other new applicants here?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

I put my application in on Saturday- do we hear back via email?
    Also- does everyone with required qualifications pass this stage? x

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭missyme82

j3llybean wrote: »
    I put my application in on Saturday- do we hear back via email?
    Also- does everyone with required qualifications pass this stage? x

you will get an email with your IST date. They dont even check qualifications until assessment centre so U should definitely proceed to IST.

missyme82 wrote: »
    you will get an email with your IST date. They dont even check qualifications until assessment centre so U should definitely proceed to IST.

Great - must trawl through house and find certificates for that then. :(

missyme82 wrote: »

I assume it does take a few days for them to process the application form before you get an email back?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MissJC13

fish2690 wrote: »
    I assume it does take a few days for them to process the application form before you get an email back?

It takes 10 working days! So those who applied on opening day should have their emails tomorrow

Last campaign, I received the IST invite e-mail near to 17:00 after around 8-10 working days, so I'd guess it's either this afternoon or tomorrow that the first e-mails will go out.

• Advertisement

Sthm wrote: »
    Last campaign, I received the IST invite e-mail near to 17:00 after around 8-10 working days, so I'd guess it's either this afternoon or tomorrow that the first e-mails will go out.

Do you know what way the dates worked last time? Is the order of the IST basically in order that people applied?

MissJC13 wrote: »
    Do you know what way the dates worked last time? Is the order of the IST basically in order that people applied?

I'm not entirely sure how Deloitte work it, but almost certain it's nothing to do with when you apply.

I know of a couple of people who applied last campaign nearing the end of the deadline and got one of the first IST dates that I was aware of. I applied soon after applications opened and had around four weeks to my date. All from around the same location.

Had then around two months from IST results until sitting the AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

as you can probably guess by now from reading all the posts, basically we are all bewildered by the complete process :confused::confused::rolleyes:

vickmackey wrote: »
    as you can probably guess by now from reading all the posts, basically we are all bewildered by the complete process :confused::confused::rolleyes:

Yeah seems everyone is just trying to apply done logic to it lol I'm travelling from mainland for mind (from NI but working Scotland), it'd be soooo much easier for me if mine was one of the earlier ones cause I'll already be in NI lol x

Yeah seems everyone is just trying to apply done logic to it lol I'm travelling from mainland for mind (from NI but working Scotland), it'd be soooo much easier for me if mine was one of the earlier ones cause I'll already be in NI lol x
    funny, there was a young lady at my familiarisation day had just flown in from liverpool for it that day!:eek:
    best of luck.

vickmackey wrote: »
    funny, there was a young lady at my familiarisation day had just flown in from liverpool for it that day!:eek:
    best of luck.

The things we'd do for the dream job! Lol good luck to you too, whatever stage you're at now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mk1234

Just got my email, they are to let us know of IST arrangements by the 27th of june 😞

mk1234 wrote: »
    Just got my email, they are to let us know of IST arrangements by the 27th of june 😞

When did you apply?

Just got mine too! :)

• Advertisement

mk1234 wrote: »

Snap!

Advertisement