Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

welshNI wrote: »
    IST is within hours, went to draw to pick up letter, which hasn't moved for a month, AND GONE, better half thought she would check the timings and cant remeber where she left it, remember it saying need both letter and ID, turned house upside down for last 3 hours am I screwed or what, cant find a tel no. to ask, absolutely 100% GUTTED

Yes. You definately need the letter with you. Stop. Breathe. Then start search again. Ive my fingers crossed for you and really hope you find it..

...and Deloitte is 028 9024 2515

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 welshNI

Stopped and breathed many times, unfortunately wife is work so not much help in finding it, even looking in places where I know it wont be, cant beleive it, it hasnt moved since I received it, keep looking at the Fire and wondering?????, the place where the wife puts letters during her tidy up and get rid sessions, problem is it is a bit hard to miss and I really cant think where else to look, (next year I suppose), If I wasnt a rufty tufty ex soldier I would cry lol, is there any point in contacting deloitte.

Stopped and breathed many times, unfortunately wife is work so not much help in finding it, even looking in places where I know it wont be, cant beleive it, it hasnt moved since I received it, keep looking at the Fire and wondering?????, the place where the wife puts letters during her tidy up and get rid sessions, problem is it is a bit hard to miss and I really cant think where else to look, (next year I suppose), If I wasnt a rufty tufty ex soldier I would cry lol, is there any point in contacting deloitte.

Nothing beats a try. Do it now.

tried the number you gave its a fax number, been hunting the web but not much help yet im gonna keep on trying tho

tried the number you gave its a fax number, been hunting the web but not much help yet im gonna keep on trying tho

Sorry. So it is. Its on the bottom of the letter. I'm gonna fly home and get it off my letter. You keep looking and i'll be back in 5.

Got it. Pm you with it as I dont think I can give it out here.

mate you are an official life saver, they gave me the UID over the phone brilliant all have to do now is pass it lol big respect owe you one fella, right better get moving.

mate you are an official life saver, they gave me the UID over the phone brilliant all have to do now is pass it lol big respect owe you one fella, right better get moving.

Thank gawd for that. Heart attack over. Good luck!!!!

• Advertisement

All calm now, think the missus more relieved than I am, let you all know how it goes, rosco is now the official thread hero.

Awww shucks mister!!! I'm blushing ... Do I get an outfit to go with that?

got some spare medals if you like lol, gotta go now good luck to anyone else doing it today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Nice one Rosco! your one lucky guy WelshNI although I wouldnt have told the missus and made her feel bad until you get your results, but then im just evil ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Double Oh Seven

I'm new to the PSNI recruitment process (although a veteran of the Fire Service process and their antics) so I'm quite edgy about how I did in my IST. I keep reliving the moment they said 'stop' and I stopped, pencil down, and noticed I'd left a question on in Section B :mad: I was thinking 'should I or shouldn't I' about picking up the pencil again and quickly scribbling an answer, but I decided it wasn't worth failing the whole test for the sake of one missed question.

Anyhoo, I'm tossing and turning a lot about the whole thing. One minute I'm thinking I passed (with the help of a few lucky guesses) and the next minute I'm thinking I failed miserably. And it's only been 10 days! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

I'm new to the PSNI recruitment process (although a veteran of the Fire Service process and their antics) so I'm quite edgy about how I did in my IST. I keep reliving the moment they said 'stop' and I stopped, pencil down, and noticed I'd left a question on in Section B :mad: I was thinking 'should I or shouldn't I' about picking up the pencil again and quickly scribbling an answer, but I decided it wasn't worth failing the whole test for the sake of one missed question.

Anyhoo, I'm tossing and turning a lot about the whole thing. One minute I'm thinking I passed (with the help of a few lucky guesses) and the next minute I'm thinking I failed miserably. And it's only been 10 days! :eek:
    you did the right thing its not worth getting failled for that 1 question. you might not even need it. well not worth the risk boss.

i dunno, i seem to be pretty confident for my IST. i really dont know why. i got everything answered. which was far more than last year. its hard to say. just one more week to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The wobbler

Oh nooo

did anyone other than me not finish the english part, but got the maths done ok

Coss i dont nooo if i done good or not =[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Got it. Pm you with it as I dont think I can give it out here.

thats what i think these boards should be about . helping people out if you can ,fair play to you rosco i think you deserve a bit of good karma for doing your good deed for today:):)
    ps welshNI good luck

thats what i think these boards should be about . helping people out if you can ,fair play to you rosco i think you deserve a bit of good karma for doing your good deed for today:):)
    ps welshNI good luck

possibly good deed for ther year, if it does happen to anyone else just ring em they give you the UID over the phone, had it on a piece of paper and they didnt bat an eyelid, anyway followed the advice of edezzy, got the first part finished with a bit of time to spare but the time constraints make some of the answers a bit ambiguous Cant tell or false ????, part 2 left the ones that would obiviously take longer to last and only had to guess three so fingers crossed :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Thank gawd for that. Heart attack over. Good luck!!!!

Rosco you are the chick of the hour! Big gold star for you!!! I dreamt last nite that ist results came on sat morning. Think I'll know by this time next week at any rate eeeeekk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 GazeeboBrown

I'm going mad here.

Just did an abstract reasoning test, and came in the 58th percentile. I used to come in the 99th percentile for everything... The only thing that has changed since then has been an increase in how much I drink.

CURSE YOU ALCOHOL!

• Advertisement

Rosco you are the chick of the hour! Big gold star for you!!! I dreamt last nite that ist results came on sat morning. Think I'll know by this time next week at any rate eeeeekk
    shes my chick of the hour (not that id throw her away after an hour)

talking about chicks. where's PYG?!?! does she need a computer geek to sort her comp... not that im a geek, its just easy to say:) i miss her chunky bum.

has she done her IST yet (it is the ist thread so i thought id relate it somehow)

got some spare medals if you like lol,

I was thinking more along the lines of a Wonderwoman Outfit!!!!

Sounds like you got on just great there. Good tactics. I had to guess a few more than that.

My heart really went out to you when I read your SOS message. Thats just the type of thing that has happened to me in the past. Look in drawer for passport. Not there. Cry. Pull hair out. Miss flight to Barcelona. Cry. Find passport down back of drawer. Cry. I need to nail things down in this house. I only got a phone number and was glad I could help. Anyone on here would have done exactly the same as everyone's a great auld bunch of muckers reaching for the same star. I only live a stones throw from work and can come and go as I please so it wasnt that difficult.

Ah MGH. I was thinking they might come the marra. But Sat sort of sounds about right. Here's hoping. Fingy's crossed. My fingers are starting to look a bit deformed as theyve been crossed so much. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

Hope you got on all right welshNI!!! Good luck to everybody on here next week will hopefully be the first step to a great career for some of us.

Did you throw the crotchless batwoman out then?! LOL Cant see results coming one nano second earlier than they should sadly anyhoo back to trying not to think about it 24/7 yeah cos that works LOL PYG did her ist today and will be back to keep you all in line as of tomorrow evening pol
    I was thinking more along the lines of a Wonderwoman Outfit!!!!

Sounds like you got on just great there. Good tactics. I had to guess a few more than that.

My heart really went out to you when I read your SOS message. Thats just the type of thing that has happened to me in the past. Look in drawer for passport. Not there. Cry. Pull hair out. Miss flight to Barcelona. Cry. Find passport down back of drawer. Cry. I need to nail things down in this house. I only got a phone number and was glad I could help. Anyone on here would have done exactly the same as everyone's a great auld bunch of muckers reaching for the same star. I only live a stones throw from work and can come and go as I please so it wasnt that difficult.

Ah MGH. I was thinking they might come the marra. But Sat sort of sounds about right. Here's hoping. Fingy's crossed. My fingers are starting to look a bit deformed as theyve been crossed so much. :D

Did you throw the crotchless batwoman out then?!

Have you been hoking in my drawers again??

The results will be out Sat. I have a feeling in me waters....

Have you been hoking in my drawers again??

The results will be out Sat. I have a feeling in me waters....

That's the urinary tract infection pet!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

or maybe its cystitis from wearing tight fitting lycra bodysuits!

Why yous little.....Bet yous will be just like me. Waiting on the stairs all bleary eyed waiting to eat the hand of the postie on Sat. Part of my daily routine now if I'm honest. Postie wears those steel mesh gloves now coming to my house and I kinda like em...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

PYG did her ist today and will be back to keep you all in line as of tomorrow evening pol

thank god, im missing her :(

borat-mankini-62408-1.jpg
    NOT!

or maybe its cystitis from wearing tight fitting lycra bodysuits!
    lol. whhy oh why

latex is a better choice

• Advertisement

smyff wrote: »
    lol. whhy oh why

latex is a better choice
    Smyff!!! You kinkmeister, you're clearly spending waaay too much time with Rosco LOL

Smyff!!! You kinkmeister, you're clearly spending waaay too much time with Rosco LOL
    HA in my dreams...

or do i spot a bit of jealousy ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Double Oh Seven

bc84, your post gave me the best laugh I've had all week! :D

welshNI

how did the ist test go for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

welshNI

how did the ist test go for you?

Wobbler you sat the IST yet?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KB-1991

just a wee question....lol
    did all you do much studying for the IST, it seems that its only dawned on me today that its exactly 1 week to do the test and tbh i hadnt really thought about it to now...hence the reason why im still up at near midnight! some serious work to be done this weekend i am thinking ! ha

Aye. Good luck you guys (or gals). Youll be grand. Look forward to your posts popping up here and seeing what yous make of it.

KB-1991 wrote: »
    just a wee question....lol
    did all you do much studying for the IST, it seems that its only dawned on me today that its exactly 1 week to do the test and tbh i hadnt really thought about it to now...hence the reason why im still up at near midnight! some serious work to be done this weekend i am thinking ! ha

Nowt. However did buy a DS with big brain academy. Played with that most of the time and tried to beat myself on it. Sad I know but its better than knitting. Bought loads of books (3) but never opened them. They didnt have any pictures I could colour in. Going back on that web sales site thingy as soon as...Follow the tips on here. Youll get none better. Youre landed.

Nowt. However did buy a DS with big brain academy. Played with that most of the time and tried to beat myself on it. Sad I know but its better than knitting. Bought loads of books (3) but never opened them. They didnt have any pictures I could colour in. Going back on that web sales site thingy as soon as...Follow the tips on here. Youll get none better. Youre landed.

Got a DS myself been playing big brain academy on it as well, actually beginning to think i need to get a new brain training game this one is just about played out !
    Just gonna give it my best shot this time round anyhow can only hope for the best, if all else fails i have another year of college to do anyhow so i'll not be stuck for something to do until the next recruitment.
    U done ure IST this year ? for first time ?

• Advertisement

Got a DS myself been playing big brain academy on it as well, actually beginning to think i need to get a new brain training game this one is just about played out !
    Just gonna give it my best shot this time round anyhow can only hope for the best, if all else fails i have another year of college to do anyhow so i'll not be stuck for something to do until the next recruitment.
    U done ure IST this year ? for first time ?

Naw. Second time. I was sooooo cocky last year and actually think I did better not knowing what it was all about. I doubted myself big style this year and really would surprise myself if I've bagged it..Just dreading the results much more than last year. Gin at the ready...What about yourself?

lol i keep telling myself that it cant be that hard when you look at some of the eejits in the police service but they must be smart eejits and all :D:D lol
    This is my first attempt at it, my mum did it a few years back and failed it by a few marks and said it was enough to put her off never going back for it again (she obviously didnt really want it that much to begin with!)
    Party at ur house if u get the results ure looking then ? lol

lol i keep telling myself that it cant be that hard when you look at some of the eejits in the police service but they must be smart eejits and all :D:D lol
    This is my first attempt at it, my mum did it a few years back and failed it by a few marks and said it was enough to put her off never going back for it again (she obviously didnt really want it that much to begin with!)
    Party at ur house if u get the results ure looking then ? lol

I'll run a bus......Wreck er. But keep the music down in case they call the cops. Second thoughts. Full boot....

lol am thinking your gonna be a future eejit of the forces ! makes me feel better now knowing that im not going to be the only nutter, even if it takes 10 years to get in. I'll get there someday ! :D:D:D:D

lol am thinking your gonna be a future eejit of the forces ! makes me feel better now knowing that im not going to be the only nutter, even if it takes 10 years to get in. I'll get there someday ! :D:D:D:D

You sure will my friend. Future eejit of the forces. Ye auld sweet talker ye. All the best in your IST. Dont be nervous. Everyone has a different experience of it. Just look on here. Wish I had found this forum much much sooner as I has nobody to swap notes with and you can talk all you like to family but sooner (sooner in my case-had them tortured) or later they start avoiding you/stop taking your phone calls/replying to your texts/answering your letters/dont let you in when youre banging on their door/dive into a rail of clothes when they eyeball you in Tesco/disown you...

You sure will my friend. Future eejit of the forces. Ye auld sweet talker ye. All the best in your IST. Dont be nervous. Everyone has a different experience of it. Just look on here. Wish I had found this forum much much sooner as I has nobody to swap notes with and you can talk all you like to family but sooner (sooner in my case-had them tortured) or later they start avoiding you/stop taking your phone calls/replying to your texts/answering your letters/dont let you in when youre banging on their door/dive into a rail of clothes when they eyeball you in Tesco/disown you...

If anything ive got a laugh tonight ha ! I think my teacher feels like way your family do. Was up the mountains today all day on an assessment expedition thing with my teacher and an ex policeman, think they were actually ready to drown me in a waterfall just listening to me about the whole thing but sure if you dont ask questions you dont get answers ! :D

• Advertisement

but sure if you dont ask questions you dont get answers ! :D[/quote]

Correctomundo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

but sure if you dont ask questions you dont get answers ! :D

If you don't ask you don't get!!! I'm far too drunk to be posting now but I can't wait till results. I will apply 20 times at least before I give up. Good luck to all good night, Going to sleep now. Becoming addicted to these boards, hope I get to meet some of you's some day.

Ha

it seems everyone was using the ds then:P

well i thought it was pretty hard :|

this was my 1st ist soo i havnt a clue if it went well or not =o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

HELLO ALL,

ANYONE GET ANY RESULTS OF THEIR IST YET?

WONDERING IF MAYBE FIRST SET OF LETTERS WILL BE GOING OUT SOON.

I THINK THAT MONDAY 18 MAY WOULD MARK A MONTH SINCE THE FIRST TEST .

PATHWAY

pathway wrote: »
    HELLO ALL,

ANYONE GET ANY RESULTS OF THEIR IST YET?

WONDERING IF MAYBE FIRST SET OF LETTERS WILL BE GOING OUT SOON.

I THINK THAT MONDAY 18 MAY WOULD MARK A MONTH SINCE THE FIRST TEST .

PATHWAY

Results should start coming through next week, I know I'm due mine prob wed or thurs.

p.s.
    All capital letters is the online equivalent of shouting and I know PSNI has smacked wrists in the past. Just a heads up on that front!:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement