Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

sorry:o

please forgive me.i was unaware of the etiquette.

pc was stuck on caps lock. didn't intend to shout.

thanks for the reply.

thanks for the advice........:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

pathway wrote: »
    sorry:o

please forgive me.i was unaware of the etiquette.

pc was stuck on caps lock. didn't intend to shout.

thanks for the reply.

thanks for the advice........:)

Thank God. I had a bit of a headache coming on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Thank God. I had a bit of a headache coming on...

Come on, thats more to do with your liquid lunch!!! LOL:D

;)

;)

LOL

Couldnt blame the antics in Tesco on a wonky trolley wheel!!!!!

I've flogged that horse..Refill? See you in Mangina

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

I've flogged that horse..

sounds kinky ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KB-1991

BOOOOO everybody ! :D:D:D

think these boards could nearly get addictive !

everyone up revising for their IST or am i the only sad one on a friday night ? :(:(:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

KB-1991 wrote: »
    BOOOOO everybody ! :D:D:D

think these boards could nearly get addictive !

everyone up revising for their IST or am i the only sad one on a friday night ? :(:(:D:D

Make that two sad people BOOOOOOOO iam addicted:P:P:P:P

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    Make that two sad people BOOOOOOOO iam addicted:P:P:P:P

Im currently attending BA. Boards Anonymous...

• Advertisement

Im currently attending BA. Boards Anonymous...
    Any room for anymore?????:D

*stands up*
    Hi everyone My Name is.....and im a board-aholic, but im a sober member :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 everhopefull

I dont think I did well at all and had put it to the back of my head...until now that is:eek:!!

Now that the results are so close im pooping myself :mad: (excuse my french please)

Im not sure i can wait much longer...think i did mine on the 22nd of last month. Does that mean i'll get my results on the same date this month?

Eeeeeekkk!

*stands up*
    Hi everyone My Name is.....and im a board-aholic, but im a sober member :D:D

Hi everybody My name is ..... and im a board-aholic hic hic and im trying to be sober i really am!!!:D

I dont think I did well at all and had put it to the back of my head...until now that is:eek:!!

Now that the results are so close im pooping myself :mad: (excuse my french please)

Im not sure i can wait much longer...think i did mine on the 22nd of last month. Does that mean i'll get my results on the same date this month?

Eeeeeekkk!

Worst case senario the full month. I'd be standing by if I were you..Ive set up a wee makeshift bed under the letterbox. What I'd really like is to invent some sort of Wallace and Gromit contraption with confuterments that brings the post automatically to the bedroom straight from the letterbox...But life's too short.

Worst case senario the full month. I'd be standing by if I were you..Ive set up a wee makeshift bed under the letterbox. What I'd really like is to invent some sort of Wallace and Gromit contraption with confuterments that bring the post automatically to the bedroom straight from the letterbox...But life's too short.

Rosco you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands mate, put the bottle down mate!!!;)

Rosco you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands mate, put the bottle down mate!!!;)

Nooooooooooooooooooo. Cant. Ive superglued it to my hand...

Nooooooooooooooooooo.
    hehehehehe you know you want to!!:D

oi oi oi ! hold on a second here ! if you ones have got drink....why arent u sharing :(:(:(

• Advertisement

hehehehehe you know you want to!!:D

Some studying for the IST you pair are doing. You almost had me feeling sorry for yous. Studying the computer screen more like.....Oh. Aye. Rumbled..

Nooooooooooooooooooo. Cant. Ive superglued it to my hand...

Oh gawd nurse nurse!!!!!!:P

Oh gawd nurse nurse!!!!!!:P

S'alright. Ill prise it off with lollipop sticks and nail varnish remover when its empty. Well. Thats how I've HEARD how you do it anyhows...

Some studying for the IST you pair are doing. You almost had me feeling sorry for yous. Studying the computer screen more like.....Oh. Aye. Rumbled..

I am studying this wine bottle which is telling me "You know you want me" Oi KB this ones for you mate hehehehe!!:D

oi oi oi ! hold on a second here ! if you ones have got drink....why arent u sharing :(:(:(

See superglue scenario...

S'alright. Ill prise it off with lollipop sticks and nail varnish remover when its empty. Well. Thats how I've HEARD how you do it anyhows...

Jaysus is there a doctor in the house????????:D

• Advertisement

Jaysus is there a doctor in the house????????:D

Dr MGH reporting for drunken duty.
    Shampooed up to the eyeballs.
    Ooh those bubbles dont half go to your head. Damn you Veuve Cliquot,damn you!!!:o

Dont let her near me with those lollipop sticks.....

Dont let her near me with those lollipop sticks.....
    Tis the laytex glove you should fear my dear LOL

I'm going to be sooooo hungover 2moro.:(

But right now I feel magic!!!!!!!!!!:pac:

Tis the laytex glove you should fear my dear LOL

I'm going to be sooooo hungover 2moro.:(

But right now I feel magic!!!!!!!!!!:pac:

Like Paul Daniels?

Like Paul Daniels?
    You'll like it, but not a lot!:D

Mrs Merton: " So Debbie McGee, what made you fall in love with the millionaire Paul Daniels?"
    Priceless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 del79

Hi all i am neew to this site but find it very useful did my ist a few days ago found it though enough but fingers crossed just wait for the postman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The wobbler

oh

can anyone tell me if i am right, i am not too sure

but someone told me that 8000 - 10000 are sitting/sat the ist test are they are only looking 480 jobs? :(

far as i know your not too far wrong.

i did my ist on the second day and the numbers on the wall went up to about 9500 i think

was reading in the daily mirror today, 9,825 applications received, 38%, (3,734) were from Catholic applicants and 30% (2,987) were from women.

and theres 440 posts available

oh nosssssssss

do you know like, how well you have to do in the ist tests to get to the next stage?

oh nosssssssss

do you know like, how well you have to do in the ist tests to get to the next stage?

Wouldnt have a clue, this is me first time at the IST, just gonna give it my best shot...higher score the better :D:D

ahh my 1st one aswell :D

have you done yours yet?

Nope its on thursday :eek::eek::eek::eek: what about you, you done yours yet ?

ahh yeah

i sat mine last week

:O

il give you a bit of advice, bring a watch or something to keep track of time because that is the killer :(

so i believe, and the fact that i like to stare out windows when doing exams isnt going to help the situation either oops :D

• Advertisement

haaa

me too

but the sad thing was that when i done mine there was no windows in the room :(

That could have just meant the difference between a pass and a fail for u, be thankful ! haha !

Just the long wait for the results now.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

The pass mark changes every year. Its around 50 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

Anyone expecting their IST result tomorrow? Only did mine last week so still have quite a wait. Best of luck to anyone who is lying in wait for the postman tomorrow. Let us know what the pass mark is.

mhairt wrote: »
    Anyone expecting their IST result tomorrow? Only did mine last week so still have quite a wait. Best of luck to anyone who is lying in wait for the postman tomorrow. Let us know what the pass mark is.

Hi mhairt. When I got my letter last year they just said I had passed and was progressing to the next stage. Didnt actually state in the letter what the pass mark was. So I hadnt a clue....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

mhairt wrote: »

Its unlikely there will be any post tomorrow. I have developed the term 'No Post Monday'. Anything posted first class on Friday would almost always arrive on Saturday. I guess there is a slim chance of post tomorrow, but I wouldnt hold my breath (or i'd die).

Speaking of post....where the hell are bc84's and my medical results???

Its unlikely there will be any post tomorrow. I have developed the term 'No Post Monday'. Anything posted first class on Friday would almost always arrive on Saturday. I guess there is a slim chance of post tomorrow, but I wouldnt hold my breath (or i'd die).

Speaking of post....where the hell are bc84's and my medical results???

im not holding my breath on a pass anyway, seeing as lou passed and heard within 3 days and we are currently on day 9, i'd say it aint looking too hot for us

bc84 wrote: »
    im not holding my breath on a pass anyway, seeing as lou passed and heard within 3 days and we are currently on day 9, i'd say it aint looking too hot for us

Aw c'mon now. That aint no talk from no cider drinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

bc84 wrote: »

Isnt good. Maybe they are writting a massive failure report about us two!

• Advertisement

Isnt good. Maybe they are writting a massive failure report about us two!

14 days peeps. 14 days. Dont let the side down PYG. Keep that pecker up. Given I have no idea what one of those is lately...Improvise...

Advertisement