Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Jill77

I passed!!! :D Congrats to those other passers, and sorry to those who haven't - don't let it get you down and plough on again next year, work with my mantra that if you keep hassling them they might let you in eventually!

AC 3 weeks away, can't believe it! Less stress that way, get it over and done with....

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

AC Is 3 hours or so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DC Dibble

Congratulations to all those who passed and to those who didn't quite make it, bad luck. This question is aimed at those lucky souls who passed, how did you find the data annalysis part of the test? I thought the first part was ok but the second part was a nightmare, Im hoping some of the people who passed thought the same but the TRUE, FAIL, INCONCLUSIVE bit was good enough to get you your pass. Grasping at straws I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KB-1991

Just back from doing my IST there
    Part A - Not too bad
    Part B - The most traumatic nightmare of my life, ended up just guessing the majority of them and from question 15 onwards i just circled random ones because i was running out of time :(

Reckon i'll be sitting back in the IST hall again next year ! GRRR lol

Congratulations to all those who passed their tests :D and to all those who sadly havent, keep on trying !!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Also had the lovely envelope from Deloitte today.

PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D(actually thought Rosco would have blabbed and told y'all before I got home!)

Huge congrats to those who also got good news today and heartfelt commiserations to those who didnt, its gutting, a truly terrible feeling. I had that last year. I was lucky enough to get a reprieve through Passmarkgate and got to do AC.

I'm astounded the pass mark is so high this year, my gut feeling is that part of it is to do with the sheer volume of applicants.
    I cant see it being lowered like last year, that was way too embarrassing for their reputation however, if this process teaches you anything, its dont give up til the fat lady sings (and I'm not feeling tuneful this evening!:p)

Anyway, at least one thing is certain, I will sleep tonight, havent done for the last few nights, knowing the results were coming!!

Congrats and commiserations in equal measure, one and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D(actually thought Rosco would have blabbed and told y'all before I got home!)

Huge congrats to those who also got good news today and heartfelt commiserations to those who didnt, its gutting, a truly terrible feeling. I had that last year. I was lucky enough to get a reprieve through Passmarkgate and got to do AC.

I'm astounded the pass mark is so high this year, my gut feeling is that part of it is to do with the sheer volume of applicants.
    I cant see it being lowered like last year, that was way too embarrassing for their reputation however, if this process teaches you anything, its dont give up til the fat lady sings (and I'm not feeling tuneful this evening!:p)

Anyway, at least one thing is certain, I will sleep tonight, havent done for the last few nights, knowing the results were coming!!

Didnt i tell you well done MGH!!!!:D:D:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

actually she did, and i asked PSNI to remove the posts so you wouldnt see. shes a blabber mouth.

congrats though!!! dont say that, i wont be able to sleep mine wont come for ages!!!

i think itll be hard for me to beat your score this year unlike the last :(

Hi well done all those who passed, I gather the pass mark is 55, Is that 55 questions right or 55% ?

Sorry I meant to answer this on my previous post.

The pass mark is 55 out of 78.
    Equates to about 70%. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong!)

smyff wrote: »
    actually she did, and i asked PSNI to remove the posts so you wouldnt see. shes a blabber mouth.

congrats though!!! dont say that, i wont be able to sleep mine wont come for ages!!!

i think itll be hard for me to beat your score this year unlike the last :(

I wouldnt have minded!! Just so pleased.
    Aye, the gauntlets down big lawd!!!
    (not that you need to beat it, getting in as you are from C14!)

I wouldnt have minded!! Just so pleased.
    Aye, the gauntlets down big lawd!!!
    (not that you need to beat it, getting in as you are from C14!)
    haha nah she didnt really i just wanted to get a sneaky comment about her.

yeah haha in my dreams!!! tbh i think ill just go for a pass. no higher, so if i pass the AC im better on the merit list so ive a better chance of getting it if i am unsuccessful for c14. so ill try my hardest if i pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 MsTys

First time I done the IST 54 out of 55 :(

MsTys wrote: »
    First time I done the IST 54 out of 55 :(

Sorry to hear that MsTys keep on trying!! im dreading getting my results:eek::eek:

Gutted one mark below! I didnt think id done good so I was right but other people didn't that have passed!

Gutted one mark below! I didnt think id done good so I was right but other people didn't that have passed!

I dont know how i have done its going to a long 4 weeks:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 KB-1991

People say the police dont work hard enough to earn their wages...well i can now rest assured that they definetely worked hard enough to get into the police !

But sure at least we've all had a go at the test and if you're not in you cant win ! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

55 out of 78 I think thats me out of the game,

One thing I do know though is that I'd rather fail with 40 marks than with 52 53 or 54, they are the worst as they would of got you through in previous years

Congrats and commiserations everyone :)

dark side wrote: »

One thing I do know though is that I'd rather fail with 40 marks than with 52 53 or 54, they are the worst as they would of got you through in previous years

Congrats and commiserations everyone :)
    It aint over till you get the letter!!:D

dark side wrote: »

Never say never.

Sorry to hear you didnt pass, its gut wrenching that they tell you your score when you havent passed and not when you have!

• Advertisement

Yeah ino i'd have rather have had a letter just saying you didnt pass rather than one more question and you would have!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Its your partayyy to tell all on here. I was tempted but wouldnt rain on your parade at all. No freakin way. Am so pleased for you. You go girl. Im trustworthy. True trait of a wannabe policewoman. We are all innit to winnit.

Its your partayyy to tell all on here. I was tempted but wouldnt rain on your parade at all. No freakin way. Am so pleased for you. You go girl. Im trustworthy. True trait of a wannabe policewoman. We are all innit to winnit.

Aw bless. Just gutted I'm not gonna be in a squad with you:(

Aw bless. Just gutted I'm not gonna be in a squad with you:(

You are so in my squad girl. :D GV or not....big luv

you can both be in my squad anyday. TPS is our tactical name. the pimpin squad

I was such a scaredy cat opening the envelope today, opened the top, stuck the hand inside to see how many sheets of paper there were! ( Knew if there was more than one I'd passed! )
    Screamed out loud lol. Then chuckled all the way out to the car leading the guy in one of the other apartments who I fancy the pants off to think that I was even more deranged than I usually appear.:p

My AC not far off, need to shift focus to it mucho pronto.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

Well done to all those who passed the IST ,commiserations to all who missed out this year.The passmark is very high and to be honest I'm expecting to be doing it all again next year. However the month's wait is up today, so hope to get put out of my misery in the next couple of hours by the postie. Will keep ya posted.......

pathway:confused:

I was such a scaredy cat opening the envelope today, opened the top, stuck the hand inside to see how many sheets of paper there were! ( Knew if there was more than one I'd passed! )
    Screamed out loud lol. Then chuckled all the way out to the car leading the guy in one of the other apartments who I fancy the pants off to think that I was even more deranged than I usually appear.:p

My AC not far off, need to shift focus to it mucho pronto.:eek:
    aaaahhhhh i passed. i got a letter today and my knees near buckled. i saw i had passed before i even opened the letter, it was sitting upside down. there was a PS at the bottom saying that i bait your sorry ass too nah i love ya really

aaaahhhhh i passed. i got a letter today and my knees near buckled. i saw i had passed before i even opened the letter, it was sitting upside down. there was a PS at the bottom saying that i bait your sorry ass too nah i love ya really

Thats pimpin lawd....:D. Well done luv...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 welshy1873

Hey Guys long time since ive posted, got my pass letter y'day i thought i'd failed for sure :eek:! Unfortunately my AC is whilst im on holiday and they seem far more strict on date changes! I emailed all the info with copies of my travel docs this morning. I will let yous know how hard or easy it is to get another date, as i'm sure i wont be the only one needing a new date :D.

Thats pimpin lawd....:D. Well done luv...
    hahahaha its banging more like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXSrKGMbzSg&fmt=18 heres a celebration tune. cause iiii dont know whyyyyy i passed.

nice one welshy lad. good to hear.

RPC youll be sweet. you may look it, but i know your not stupid :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

Just got the dreaded 54/55 letter.Got through last year too, boo hoo ......ah well....Doubt they'll be lowering the passmark this year, so good luck to all still waiting. Bye for now. Chat again in C16. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 heedtheball

Just got letter 52 gutted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Well done to all that passed...especially MGH:D.
    for all those that missed out dont despair it is a difficult process and there is still another couple of campaigns left. Keep on keepin on!!!!
    Good luck in the rest of the campaign...there is plenty of support on these threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bubbasboo

hi all congrats to all that passed i failed by 4 marks but sure this was the first time so there is always next year.

will still read the forums for advice for next year

good luck to all on the journey

surfrunner wrote: »
    Well done to all that passed...especially MGH:D.
    Cheers matey!!!:)

Smyffers!!!!!!!! You rawk boyo!!!!!! Well done. Big Pimpin' lyk!!!

Congrats to Welshy too!

Heedtheball, Bubbasboo, Pathway, commiserations, If its any consolation at all, I know how you feel, been there, done that.
    Comeback stronger next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

I haven't got results yet. Listening to everyone here is getting me thinking i might have failed. Did mine on the 22nd..... what's the hold up!!!!! Really hope i get them tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who has passed and commiseration's to those who failed better luck next time. wish tomorrow would hurry up.

Bifbert wrote: »
    I haven't got results yet. Listening to everyone here is getting me thinking i might have failed. Did mine on the 22nd..... what's the hold up!!!!! Really hope i get them tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who has passed and commiseration's to those who failed better luck next time. wish tomorrow would hurry up.

Didnt someone say in an earlier post that they rang and results from the 21st were being sent out in 2 batches? Could be similar for your date?
    Fingers crossed for you and all those still waiting. Its torturous. And it doesnt get any easier either the further along this process you get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Lynx655

How many people applied for this I heard it was 8000 !!!
    I wonder how many sat the test and passed the 1st hurdle. Well I am one of the lucky ones, didint think I was as I never finished answering all the questions in part 2 so just stuck all B's down for the last 8 or so questions. Well done to all who passed and good luck for the next round !!

Lynx655 wrote: »
    How many people applied for this I heard it was 8000 !!!
    I wonder how many sat the test and passed the 1st hurdle. Well I am one of the lucky ones, didint think I was as I never finished answering all the questions in part 2 so just stuck all B's down for the last 8 or so questions. Well done to all who passed and good luck for the next round !!

It was closer to 10,000!!!! Tough competition!
    Sorry dont have the links but google it and it will pull up the press blurb on the figures.
    39% RC applicants and 30% female.

Congrats on passing the test and good luck for AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Hey everyone,
    Just home and opened my letter I passed was so happy to see 2 sheets when i opened it!
    Thankfully I have a reasonable amount of time to prepare for AC. At least thats one hurdle down just one big massive one to go :)
    Good Luck everyone waiting one results hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Evenin all. Its been a while so thought id have a look and see how people have been gettin on. Well done to all of you who have passed and better luck next time to those that didnt, think il be joining you's next year! Ive nearly two weeks to wait still and the suspense is killing me, really dont want to have to wait another year before getting a second try though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Slickocop23

Hey People,

I came home from work today and opened my letter today. I realised when I saw 2 sheets that I had passed. Couldn't believe it that I had passed.

My AC is up soon in June.

Congratz to everyone who has passed the IST to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Well done to all who passed the first hurdle!

Very sorry to hear not everyone made it. If its your first time dont be put off, I failed by 4 marks on my frist go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

Well done to all those that have passed!!

Got my letter yest, couldnt believe id passed!!

Dont know if its the same for everyone else, but the AC is a good bit further away this year.

Here we go again!!

FM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

faceman08 wrote: »
    Well done to all those that have passed!!

Got my letter yest, couldnt believe id passed!!

Dont know if its the same for everyone else, but the AC is a good bit further away this year.

Here we go again!!

FM

Well done you!

i wonder if RPCCC got her results today. she did hers pretty soon after mine hi

i wonder if RPCCC got her results today. she did hers pretty soon after mine hi

Youre a leaky bucket. I only done it. I only went and passed. Me wee heart was going ninety. Maybe that was the drink dying in me though. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

wooooohooooo, passed IST... AC a while off yet, it'll take me that long to figure out where the fickin venue is!

am so relieved, would have been a bit pants to fail it.... just need to hear good news about my med now, don't really want to have to go thru that ac again!:D

Youre a leaky bucket. I only done it. I only went and passed. Me wee heart was going ninety. Maybe that was the drink dying in me though. :eek:

YYEEOOOOOOO

:D:D:D

Knew you would, top gal!

• Advertisement

YYEEOOOOOOO

:D:D:D

Knew you would, top gal!

Cheers chickadee. Two water pistols squirting out of my eyes. So relieved. Dread over. Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Advertisement