Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Was afternoon session of IST today. Anyone else laugh at te cub pouring the ice all over the table, floor and himself? Lol.

Just want to wish everyone good luck.

Hopefully wont need this IST if my PCA/Medical go well :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Was afternoon session of IST today. Anyone else laugh at te cub pouring the ice all over the table, floor and himself? Lol.

I totally missed that!!!!! Raging although I was late in today, see they're still fixing up the foyer :/

I think I did worse this time round as in I answered fewer questions on the last section but I'd be fairly confident that what I answered was right compared to the shambles last time lol!!! Hope that makes sense. Saying that the last time round I was sitting near the front and seen her get up to call time and filled in any answer for the last 5 lmfao!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Mop a top wrote: »
    I totally missed that!!!!! Raging although I was late in today, see they're still fixing up the foyer :/

I think I did worse this time round as in I answered fewer questions on the last section but I'd be fairly confident that what I answered was right compared to the shambles last time lol!!! Hope that makes sense. Saying that the last time round I was sitting near the front and seen her get up to call time and filled in any answer for the last 5 lmfao!!!

I think did worse this time round aswel ..

Missed u Mop .. Glad ur back!!!! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

LG1985 wrote: »
    I think did worse this time round aswel ..

Missed u Mop .. Glad ur back!!!! x

Missed you too!! Not back on as such. Just trying to avoid this like the plague lol. Second guessing is killing me :( x

Missed you too!! Not back on as such. Just trying to avoid this like the plague lol. Second guessing is killing me :( x

Iv been thinking of ya my lovely!!

Fingers and toes are still crossed xx

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tailsy25088832

I done same with first section.i thought it was a practice then caught on.2nd and 3rd filled it all in but not 100% with adding stuff up so rounded up-down to nearest one.lol
    good luck with 23k campaign.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tailsy25088832

At IST monday.everyone so serious.i asked did anyone know any jokes no takers.lol.

big student guide guy seemed to bring fair crowd with him.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I nearly laughed out loud at that.

I was wondering if anyone from here was there when I looked round.

kiddums wrote: »
    I nearly laughed out loud at that.

I was wondering if anyone from here was there when I looked round.

Was it you?? Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Was it you?? Lol.
    Oh no. I was sitting near it, I looked round after it happened to avoid laughing.

• Advertisement

kiddums wrote: »
    Oh no. I was sitting near it, I looked round after it happened to avoid laughing.

Aw i see. Yeah i was right beside it too. I was wearing a blue/white tshirt!!

Funny as fu(k lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Anybody else sit their test today?

I didn't get it finished in time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POPO2014

I have just went to print of my IST email to find it has decided to vanish!! what a nightmare, anyone have any ideas what i can do?

Thanks in advance

POPO2014 wrote: »
    I have just went to print of my IST email to find it has decided to vanish!! what a nightmare, anyone have any ideas what i can do?

Thanks in advance

Try searching your inbox(s). You will find a search bar at the top of the email providers page.

Failing that, id try the recycling bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POPO2014

Yeah done all that, no idea where it has gone? My IST is Monday so id say i am pretty much screwed, i have emailed Deloitte but i don't hold much hope of getting any correspondence before Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Alright folks.

It's ages since I've popped into the boards, but after sitting my IST today I thought I would have a look at what's going on.

I've sat about 8 ISTs over a number of years, but today I noticed something new. Outside our venue today there were a number of police cars parked. Has there been a police presence at everyone's IST? Just wondering if it's been the protocol at all ISTs this year as I've never seen it been done before.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Alright folks.

It's ages since I've popped into the boards, but after sitting my IST today I thought I would have a look at what's going on.

I've sat about 8 ISTs over a number of years, but today I noticed something new. Outside our venue today there were a number of police cars parked. Has there been a police presence at everyone's IST? Just wondering if it's been the protocol at all ISTs this year as it's never seen it been done before.

There was about 4 police cars at mine .. Plus constant passing patrols and pc ones in and around the venue aswel ... Was the same at the last campaign too.

LG1985 wrote: »
    There was about 4 police cars at mine .. Plus constant passing patrols and pc ones in and around the venue aswel ... Was the same at the last campaign too.

Dead on. It's just that I've never seen it before. It was a very visible presence. As you say they were in the venue, driving around and three police cars parked outside the window as we sat the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

There was none at mine at the beginning of July at the usual Belfast venue and I'm pretty observant of such things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Same at mine, id say it would be the same everywhere after the fire bombing incident at the Everglades.

Same at mine, id say it would be the same everywhere after the fire bombing incident at the Everglades.

That's what I was thinking. Tbh I'm surprised it's not always been protocol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Sat mine last Monday and not a sign of them and I'd def notice it.

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Sat mine last Monday and not a sign of them and I'd def notice it.

Maybe it depends on where the venue is i.e. higher risk areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Is there anybody else from south heading up Thursday. It's my third time to sit it, but first time up to sit it up north.

Is the exam the exact same as last year, I only missed it by 5 points last year.

• Advertisement

Is the exam the exact same as last year, I only missed it by 5 points last year.

Same set up, but can't say anything about the questions as it's against board rules.

If it's the same set ur I have a fair idea what's in it, I'll just hope for the best, good luck to yourself.

If it's the same set ur I have a fair idea what's in it, I'll just hope for the best, good luck to yourself.

Cheers. Good luck to you also.

I did an online ecdl course with a uk company last year, hopefully that is ok for the psni ??

I did an online ecdl course with a uk company last year, hopefully that is ok for the psni ??

No need for an IT qualification in this campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

ZeGerman wrote: »
    There was none at mine at the beginning of July at the usual Belfast venue and I'm pretty observant of such things.

Same for me; none at all.
    There were loads at the info sessions but none at this IST or the last one.

The worst thing about the ist this week is the 150k drive there and 150k back :-)

The worst thing about the ist this week is the 150k drive there and 150k back :-)

And if you were travelling at 150 km/h how long would it take? ;)

That might be a question lol

Ah, an hour and half each way, not too bad. I'd say there is people further.

And I hope nobody is stupid enough to say, I'm coming from such an address and goin to such a place for such a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0O0

Homer01 wrote: »
    And if you were travelling at 150 km/h how long would it take? ;)

That might be a question lol

Laurel, you're a feckin brain dead bast*rd, so ya are!

0O0 wrote: »
    Laurel, you're a feckin brain dead bast*rd, so ya are!

It's like a Mrs Brown out clip.

If they can't work that out, best of luck with the ist

Anybody else in tomorrow for the ist, having second thoughts about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

ZeGerman wrote: »

I would expect the area to be actively and intelligently under surveillance whether visible or not. When you choose the location then you choose the terms...
    And I hope nobody is stupid enough to say, I'm coming from such an address and goin to such a place for such a time.

Its correct to say as little as possible but I don't see what the big deal is about sitting an exam. Sure if you were really anarchistic about obstructing the system wouldn't you be encouraging people to spam their applications in ? get thousands of people sitting exams and wasting time, signing up , going through training then fecking off after their training got paid for etc ? It's real stupidity not to see a bigger picture there lol. I guess that's what happens when you have no conscience, then the lazy approach of targeting a few students won't leave you with any nagging doubts about your wisdom.

Actually the closer I get to the ist the calmer about all of this I feel. I'm pretty much ready to take down any bogeys using nothing but a sharpened pencil to the carotid artery to save the day :pac:

Do you bring your own pens, calculator, stationary etc or is it provided ?

• Advertisement

They provide all stationery i.e. pencils and an eraser. No calculators allowed or needed.

I brought my own pencils and eraser as you can't guarantee the quality of theirs.

popolive wrote: »
    Its correct to say as little as possible but I don't see what the big deal is about sitting an exam. Sure if you were really anarchistic about obstructing the system wouldn't you be encouraging people to spam their applications in ? get thousands of people sitting exams and wasting time, signing up , going through training then fecking off after their training got paid for etc ? It's real stupidity not to see a bigger picture there lol.

Those that would like to target the venue/applicants have other intentions than wasting time/money and slowing down the process.

They wish to intimidate applicants so they don't apply, target business's that assist in the process and injury or kill applicants.

But it's not difficult to find out the times and venues of the ISTs. They don't need us to point them in the right direction, but it's better saying nothing to be safer.

Those that would like to target the venue/applicants have other intentions than wasting time/money and slowing down the process.

They wish to intimidate applicants so they don't apply, target business's that assist in the process and injury or kill applicants.

But it's not difficult to find out the times and venues of the ISTs. They don't need us to point them in the right direction, but it's better saying nothing to be safer.

Yes it's better to make them work hard to find out anything.

It seems I can do a lot of the IST in my head but with so many Walter Mitty type distractions around lol , do they supply rough work paper ?

Yes it's better to make them work hard to find out anything.

It seems I can do a lot of the IST in my head but with so many Walter Mitty type distractions around lol , do they supply rough work paper ?

Yes, spare paper is supplied.

Yes, spare paper is supplied.

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere a note not to write on something. it probably referred to being careful about where you place the MCQ marks.

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere a note not to write on something. it probably referred to being careful about where you place the MCQ marks.

You are not allowed to write on the question booklets.

This time next month the results will be released (hopefully) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Homer01 wrote: »
    This time next month the results will be released (hopefully) :D

Judging by the last campaign, they will email on the 6th with a delay in the results.

Well I did my IST. The crowd there seemed diverse and friendly. The pencils and rubber were of high quality.

If I was to complain about anything it would be that unlike other exams I have sat in the past

1) There was no visible clock in the room

2) There was no warning 5 minutes before the vocal command to put down pencils.

Time seemed to fly by.

results come in next month. I'm sure I passed. Does a better mark mean a better chance at ending up with a job ? So whats next ? :)

• Advertisement

Well I did my IST. The crowd there seemed diverse and friendly. The pencils and rubber were of high quality.

If I was to complain about anything it would be that unlike other exams I have sat in the past

1) There was no visible clock in the room

2) There was no warning 5 minutes before the vocal command to put down pencils.

Time seemed to fly by.

results come in next month. I'm sure I passed. Does a better mark mean a better chance at ending up with a job ? So whats next ? :)

A better IST score will help if you get the same AC score as someone else. They will use the IST score to place people.

They've never given a five minute warning.

Advertisement