Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hurdles123

We expecting the email after 5:30 tomorrow?

I know the first email about IST was after 5:30 on date suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

hurdles123 wrote: »
    We expecting the email after 5:30 tomorrow?

I know the first email about IST was after 5:30 on date suggested.

I think last campaign they started coming at around 4.15pm but mine came through a few hours after that. Could be any time really.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Guesses on the pass mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Guesses on the pass mark?

Usually 48-52

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

*refresh email*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'm half asleep. Wondered why :D
    Good luck my lovlies x

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hurdles123

Does your email tell you your score?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

The pass mark was 48 last year. Yes the email tells you your score and the what you scored in each area.

Has anybody received an email yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

The pass mark was 48 last year. Yes the email tells you your score and the what you scored in each area.

Has anybody received an email yet?
    Is it unheard of to get the email in the afternoon?
    I imagine the pass mark will be lower given than fewer people applied for this campaign.

You'll get a breakdown of what you scored in each section for the IST and will be told the pass mark for the test overall and what your score was. You'll also get your Assessment Centre invitation too if you pass.

• Advertisement

azure wrote: »
    Is it unheard of to get the email in the afternoon?

I think it is buddy. I remember getting the email around 5 o'clock the last two times and all other campaigns before the recruitment freeze used the post as the method of communication, back in the dark ages that was haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

WannabePC wrote: »
    I think it is buddy. I remember getting the email around 5 o'clock the last two times and all other campaigns before the recruitment freeze used the post as the method of communication, back in the dark ages that was haha.

Last person in the office hits 'send' on the emails while everyone else holds their coat and the door ready to run before phonecalls start!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Last person in the office hits 'send' on the emails while everyone else holds their coat and the door ready to run before phonecalls start!!!
    Delotte must be an exception. A few weeks ago I got my interview results for the Army in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Good luck everyone waiting on results. I'm not holding out much hope based on the number of questions I missed and guessed. Just want put out of my misery.

Delotte must be an exception. A few weeks ago I got my interview results for the Army in the morning.

It's just the way they run the process. The army process is a lot quicker and much more simple compared to the PSNI one. Also you don't have 5000 or so people being processed through the AFCO at one go trying for the one role. There's also no contest between the army BARB test and and PSNI IST haha.

PCWannabe wrote: »
    Good luck everyone waiting on results. I'm not holding out much hope based on the number of questions I missed and guessed. Just want put out of my misery.

Don't sell yourself short! It's a hard test and everyone is often surprised on how well they've done despite guessing answers etc. I've walked out of that hall thinking I've definitely passed and then failed. I've also walked out thinking I've definitely failed and passed! Good luck and let us all know how you got on!

This was for the Army in the ROI. Its a structured recruitment campaign like the PSNI.

Ahh I see, my apologies! Just out of curiosity what does the fitness test consist off for down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Back for another go this time round. Refreshing my emails like mad. No work shall be done today!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

roboturnip wrote: »
    Back for another go this time round. Refreshing my emails like mad. No work shall be done today!

Nervously waiting for the email to arrive.
    Not hopeful of passing though!
    Good luck everybody ☺

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Today seems to be lasting forever!

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Today seems to be lasting forever!

Even though I know in my rational mind they won't be out until later, I can't help but keep checking!! Just the thing to make or break Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

I'm also refreshing like crazy! Good luck everyone!!!

Still nothing. Slowly but surely losing the will. Trying my hardest not to constantly check my emails and it's an achievement if I can go 15 mins without! Actually took today off because I knew I wasn't going to be able to focus on work. I've just ran myself a bath and cleaned the spare junk room in the house. If this waiting is good for something it's definitely getting me to do the odd jobs I've been putting off

PCWannabe wrote: »
    Still nothing. Slowly but surely losing the will. Trying my hardest not to constantly check my emails and it's an achievement if I can go 15 mins without! Actually took today off because I knew I wasn't going to be able to focus on work. I've just ran myself a bath and cleaned the spare junk room in the house. If this waiting is good for something it's definitely getting me to do the odd jobs I've been putting off

Go for a nap for a couple of hours and when you wake up you'll have the email! :D That's what I'm going to do!

I would but there is no way I'd be able to sleep! Going to get more odd jobs done and hopefully by the time I've organised my nail polish collection we will all know haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Emails usually come after 16:30.

Good luck eveyone. :cool:

Do the people who have passed get the emails first?

They have done so in the past, usually the day before the Dear John emails.

That's why I expected those that passed would have heard yesterday.

But it seems we will all find out together, which is a buck in the trend.

Mine was 7.30pm last time! My house will be spotless if I've to wait until then! I'm betting they are out at 11.59pm lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Anyone? Anything?

Anyone? Anything?

Not a thing :(

• Advertisement

Anyone? Anything?

I literally was about to type exactly the same thing!!! Nada!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Nothing for me my lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Nothing! Ahahahaahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

All quiet one the western front! My phone dings every time there is a new post here. Keeps giving me false hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pmac773

Nothing at all, ready to crack up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

I'm the same! My phone keeps pinging and I temporarily get so excited! In all seriousness, all the best to all the boardies waiting on news back from IST. Currently wishing Deloitte would get a move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Nothing! Ahahahaahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Just got an email.
    It said there was a new post here :D

Seriously why do they torture us??

Zip. Zero. Zilch.

Very strange to leave everyone this late. Emails have usually started to roll out way before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rndj

The wait is killing me, even if I've failed I just want to know. Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement

This is terrible, they're really torturing us!

Honestly though, best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

The only thing worse is when someone posts that they got their results before you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

It's patience training. The last time I got IST results was August 2014 and that campaign isn't even complete yet.

Go and doing something worthwhile with your time and the results will sneak in whilst you are not looking and remember to smile through it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Homer01 wrote: »
    The only thing worse is when someone posts that they got their results before you :eek:

I don't think anyone has their results yet! What are Deloitte at!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

A watched pot never boils

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Tick tock.....

Im beginning to wonder if we will get word today.

They might be behind schedule.

Surely they would let us know though?

• Advertisement

Well, I went for that nap and even had an extended one and the email still isn't here...

Advertisement