Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

They do say the date is indicative and open to change so that would cover them being late by a few days or even a week, if it's any longer than that I'd imagine they'll let us know.

I'd guess they'll let us know tomorrow, can't imagine the would leave us over Christmas break.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

They did say we would hear before midnight ... The night is still young, even if we are all aging rapidly!! I'm keeping the faith it'll be tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5031

The last time I applied I forgot all about results day and got a nice little surprise of an email, this time it's torture checking every 15mins! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Still nothing. They said at my IST that we should here for 17th and if we hadn't heard by 18th to give them a shout. Lol he's going to regret saying that!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Mop a top wrote: »
    Still nothing. They said at my IST that we should here for 17th and if we hadn't heard by 18th to give them a shout. Lol he's going to regret saying that!!!!

Yip. Fair to assume we won't get results today.

Their phone lines will be red hot in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Yip. Fair to assume we won't get results today.

Their phone lines will be red hot in the morning.

Yes looks like it will be sometime tomorrow, they are making us sweat on this one lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

It's not 11pm yet

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Assuming we arn't getting them tonight. Anyone any idea what time we could start ringing at tomorrow?

blue3790 wrote: »
    Assuming we arn't getting them tonight. Anyone any idea what time we could start ringing at tomorrow?

You would think from 9am.

They will probably just say they will be out very shortly i.e. tomorrow.

They probably have been a bit delayed in getting all their ducks in a row. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

You would think from 9am.

They will probably just say they will be out very shortly i.e. tomorrow.

They probably have been a bit delayed in getting all their ducks in a row. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Honestly at this part of the process results will come back late. C1 was awful at times until PSNI took over in the latter stages. Keep patient people and good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

My C1 IST email came out just after 7pm on the date.
    C2 was just after 4:30pm.

Normally if they're going to be late they send an email telling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

They said at mine it might take up to midnight to get results and to call if they aren't received. I'll definitely be disappointed if we don't hear tonight. It's a long drawn out process as it is without them not sticking to deadlines they set. Here goes another 1 hour and 40 mins of checking emails lol

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

PCWannabe wrote: »
    They said at mine it might take up to midnight to get results and to call if they aren't received. I'll definitely be disappointed if we don't hear tonight. It's a long drawn out process as it is without them not sticking to deadlines they set. Here goes another 1 hour and 40 mins of checking emails lol

I agree, I hadn't heard mention of a midnight deadline in any previous campaign so still have a very faint hope we might hear tonight!

PCWannabe wrote: »

Don't recall them mentioning midnight at mine, but maybe I missed them saying that.

Don't recall them mentioning midnight at mine, but maybe I missed them saying that.

He definitely said it because I can remember thinking it was very strange that it could be so late but just assumed they were covering all basis incase there was a delay getting them out during business hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

Guy definitely said that the results would be out before midnight on the 17th... He lied.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hurdles123

He definitely said in my test also will be out before midnight of 17th.

Im sure there will be a lot of emails/phonecalls tomorrow.

OR

maybe all the passes are out and we are waiting for the Dear John :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

hurdles123 wrote: »

OR

I can't imagine all passes are out and no one has mentioned their pass here. If someone is intending on calling tomorrow I hope they inform us here, I'd say they would be a nightmare to contact tomorrow.

OR

I just want put out of my misery now. Poor show from Deloitte

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hurdles123

Sorry it was a joke.

I won't be bothering to contact them. They will send them when they are ready. I doubt it'll make them speed up.

• Advertisement

Sorry it was a joke.

I won't be bothering to contact them. They will send them when they are ready. I doubt it'll make them speed up.

The guy at mine said they should be able to tell us over the phone if we hadn't received the email. Was the same guy who said they'd be out before midnight on the 17th so will take what he said with a pinch of salt lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Would give Shield a quiet couple of months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Looks like today is the day we all find out.
    Hopefully its good news and not Dear John...
    In for another day of refreshing emails eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I dropped them an email (may as well make them earn their money this Friday).

If I hear anything worthwhile I'll report back.

Also dropped them an email at the crack of dawn this morning! Doubt I'll hear anything until at 9 at the earliest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Best of luck with the results guys. Looking forward to seeing some very respectable scores.

Shield wrote: »
    Best of luck with the results guys. Looking forward to seeing some very respectable scores.

Dont think I can take another day of refreshing my emails! Waiting (not so) patiently here..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pmac773

Email sent also, is this what the waiting for each stage is like?? Hope the wait is going to lead to good news!

I'm going to hold off on contacting them to see what they say to those who've emailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

I'm surprised they still use Deloitte, not the first time this has happened!

However, good luck all!

Advertisement