Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Thanks pal, trying to prepare myself for it mentally...

Do you know if they give PCA test dates in the email aswell or at a later date?

Sorry for the questions guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

newpsni wrote: »
    Thanks pal, trying to prepare myself for it mentally...

Do you know if they give PCA test dates in the email aswell or at a later date?

Sorry for the questions guys!

Pca dates will come at a later date, they are based on your place on the merit pool

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Suzuka wrote: »
    I've found usually Friday between 4:45-7:

I got my ac result mid morning last year :/ ibe tried guessing it but there's no point. It'll come when it comes. All I know either way is ill be getting very merry this weekend whether it's celebrating or drowning my sorrows! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Well there goes my theory lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

QueenP wrote: »
    I got my ac result mid morning last year :/ ibe tried guessing it but there's no point. It'll come when it comes. All I know either way is ill be getting very merry this weekend whether it's celebrating or drowning my sorrows! Lol

Well my works Christmas do is the Saturday, I hope I'm not drowning my sorrows, but the more I think about the mistakes I made the more I think that is more likely. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

Results are en route folks... may be the Dear Johns first of all, a friend of mine just got his.. 49%! Pass mark is 60%!

Looks like the dear John's first

Good luck folks

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Ta for heads up, watching email like a hawk now then. Sorry to hear people have had bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Back to the power plant for me.

Did better than last time but not good enough :(

Awk Homer I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. One day you'll get in, I think you'd be a great peeler =)

• Advertisement

I've just gone from wanting an email today to not wanting one.

Truly I am gutted for you guys who got the dear John's. I know you want this job as much as I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭crinkley

Wohoo 76.5, not bad for a first time. Congrats everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Just got pass e-mail, just a shade off 80% this time round.

Genuinely sorry to hear about you guys who didn't quite make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

Pass - just about but a pass. Got full marks in the written but but bombed most of the rest. Still a pass though ��

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

Just got mine, 80%... better than last time with 61%... so now stuck in two campaigns with no idea what will happen! Good luck to all those still waiting on results!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Passed

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

60.5% thought i did better than that.. At least im still in the process

Good to hear of people passing

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Elorfanato

Passed with 64.75%. Got 51% last time round. The way these budget cuts are going looks like I could be in for a long wait!

• Advertisement

yeah, its almost a worry if you got a low mark are you just going to be strung along :(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Geo1986

Well done all the passers and those who didn't make it. I didn't make it last time so treat the experience like a practice and keep trying. With my result being low I am expecting to have to do it again anyway

in saying that everyone who got through the last time got a shout to the next stage/stages..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sapphire101

59%. Think I'm going to be sick

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Scored 65... Exact same as last time.. going to be in for another long wait probably!

59%. Think I'm going to be sick

i got that the last time :(

• Advertisement

ctaylorf wrote: »
    Scored 65... Exact same as last time.. going to be in for another long wait probably!

What stage of the process are you in now from the previous campaign, like have you sent vetting form etc off? there seems to be a lot of guys who are still in purgatory from the last campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Passed!

Got mine, passed! Oh my God!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Passed! Got 80% and 90% for every section then got 50% for the last bit!! Seriously confused.... I must have missed something! Thankfully ended up with 71.25% but that last section is really playing on my mind...
    Got 64% last time

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

soalpy wrote: »
    What stage of the process are you in now from the previous campaign, like have you sent vetting form etc off? there seems to be a lot of guys who are still in purgatory from the last campaign!

I had my fitness test back in August but failed it by 1kg!

At least it gives me time to get my fitness back on form.

Hopefully as less people applied for the 2nd campaign we won't have to wait as long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Passed folks, very happy

Though, just about got over the line. Back to fingers and toes crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lionfunk

71% and Passed! Fingers crossed for the next stage guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Passed! Thank god. Realistically what do you guys think we would need to score to be in with a shot if they are only taking 100?

Not to bring a downer on the good news, just being a realist. You think anyone above 70% has a real shot, 75% maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Passed :)

PASSED! Could cry with happiness! ðŸ˜႒ same score as last time too! Freakyyyy!

Passed! Better score than last time, who knows if it'll get me a place but very very happy! Congrats to those who passed! Feel for those who didn't get the news you needed today. Don't give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Apparently going to be an announcement on numbers on Friday from the chief. Word is it may be pleasantly surprising news.

ZeGerman wrote: »
    Apparently going to be an announcement on numbers on Friday from the chief. Word is it may be pleasantly surprising news.

Let's hope so buddy! It'll be a very merry Christmas if it's good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

passed! got 60% is it worth much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Passed, im in the 80s :)

I got 62%, I wish it was much higher, but yeah, it was the first one that let me down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

.S. wrote: »
    Passed! Better score than last time, who knows if it'll get me a place but very very happy! Congrats to those who passed! Feel for those who didn't get the news you needed today. Don't give up!

Well done you!! That's a definite sign :)

I've turned off my notifications for this place but I hope to return IF they do a campaign anytime soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lionfunk

Don't worry about the passing grade too much, a lot of people got in last year with marks in the low 60s.
    In terms of recruitment numbers they will be the same but will instead be spread over two years instead of 1 meaning some of us may be heading to garnerville in 2017!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

For the last campaigns did they use all of the assessment centre passes that go down to 60% if it's still a pass would use them all before using ours? Just trying to look for a glimmer of hope with my 60% pass! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Psni26 wrote: »
    For the last campaigns did they use all of the assessment centre passes that go down to 60% if it's still a pass would use them all before using ours? Just trying to look for a glimmer of hope with my 60% pass! Lol

The previous campaign is still ongoing,but it would appear that anyone who passed has been/will be phased through all the stages..it's just a question of whether everyone actually gets a job at the end of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

PCDiddley wrote: »
    Just got mine, 80%... better than last time with 61%... so now stuck in two campaigns with no idea what will happen! Good luck to all those still waiting on results!!

Something similar to myself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Passed also. Condolences to any of you who didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Passed again, much improved score on last campaign. Thankfully still in first recruitment, but if anyone thinks the wait for these results was long, good luck with the rest lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Passed and did worse than last time. Hearts just not in it anymore

Advertisement