Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Na they wont notice!!! LEG IT!!!!:D

lol spot on.... but you forgot one thing sry three things, triple vodka also:D:D:D

Post man has arrived
    ???????:eek::eek:

carlty888 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. I was at the A/C on the same day as Given. I want to leave work now to go find out. You think my boss will notice? :rolleyes:

lol i was told to be a man to open my results, so ill say the same to you, leg it:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I passed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

OMG.... I think the vetting forms gave it away for me :D

Well done anyways, you must be relieved. Just waiting now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    :D

Told ya

yeooooooo well done:):) seems like theres going to a lot of celbrating next week:D congrats again PYG:)

A big well done to all who have passed!

I wonder has anyone received bad news:(

• Advertisement

given1 wrote: »
    lol spot on.... but you forgot one thing sry three things, triple vodka also:D:D:D
    Only a triple?

Amateur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Congratulations. :D We all told you that you had nothing to worry about.

Only a triple?

Amateur

would that be your way of saying that ill show ya how its really done...:D

we'l need to be careful with this sorta banter on the A/c thread, dont one a ten day detention from psni:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Well done given and well done papayankeegirl!!!

Everyone at work can now just tell their boss that I said it was all ok to take the rest of the day off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

Well done folks I'm very pleased for you two....

Did you both receive vetting forms?

Does this mean that vetting forms = AC pass?

My Ac was 9th June and i received vetting forms on the 21st june. Not sure about vettin forms = ac pass.

• Advertisement

i done mine the 16th june! havent to date received vetting forms! its been a debatable topic about vetting forms/AC but its showed in my case that havent not received them dsnt mean you have failed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

I did mine on the 25th of june and got my vetting forms 2 weeks after i'm busting to know how i've done now.......

Well done PYG and Given on passing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Hey all - Got my letter - Passed!

It says, "It is unlikely that you will be contacted by the PSNI before September 2008."

Is everyone's letter saying that?

Zzoop wrote: »

It says, "It is unlikely that you will be contacted by the PSNI before September 2008."

hey Zzoop congrats on passing the a/c:), just the long wait now!
    my letter had that on it to

owen1976 wrote: »
    Well done given and well done papayankeegirl!!!

Everyone at work can now just tell their boss that I said it was all ok to take the rest of the day off!!!

Nice one Owen. I'll see if that will swing it. :D

I can't even ring home to find out if anything's there. My wife's sleeping after a night shift. Waking her would only compromise my personal safety, not to mention my chances of getting any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

Well done everyone that passed. Hope there is a letter for me at home given as we did ac the same day.

Congratulations Zzoop.

The letter only says that it's "unlikely", not that it won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Thanks given1!

Also.. I havent recieved any vetting forms... but I've got my pass letter.. anyone else in a similar situation??

MAKEPEACE wrote: »
    Well done everyone that passed. Hope there is a letter for me at home given as we did ac the same day.

there should be, if it is we got them earlier than expected:confused: praying its all good news too for ya, we both came out feeling the same about it,so hpefully that means smething!!! keep me informed makepeace:)

sent ya a pm there to...

Thanks given1!

Also.. I havent recieved any vetting forms... but I've got my pass letter.. anyone else in a similar situation??

np, glad its been all good news for the boardsies so far and that it continues:)

im not sure of anyone else who is on the board being in the same circumstances as us! but i think gcbc said he had a friend who got a pass letter today but still hasnt received vetting forms to date:confused:

Consensia have posted all results for week commencing Monday 9th June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 William 100

Hey everyone, I too recieved my pass letter today and have the vetting forms sent away a few weeks back. Im very pleased but now the real waiting begins.
    One thing I did notice however was that, on the pass letter it states that the next communication we will hear from Consensia will be that of feedback reports... are they not involved with the medical, i thought that they had something to do with it when i applied a few years back.

Congrats to all here for geting their pass letters btw, it really does seem that everyone here is doing well :)

Hey everyone, I too recieved my pass letter today and have the vetting forms sent away a few weeks back. Im very pleased but now the real waiting begins.
    One thing I did notice however was that, on the pass letter it states that the next communication we will hear from Consensia will be that of feedback reports... are they not involved with the medical, i thought that they had something to do with it when i applied a few years back.

Congrats to all here for geting their pass letters btw, it really does seem that everyone here is doing well :)

Hey well done. Dont quote me on this but i think consensia used to be involved in the medicals. It is soley undertaken by the PSNI now i know that for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 William 100

I suppose that would explain things then. Hope the medical is fairly similar to last time I did it then. you'd have to wonder why they have changed fom consensia, but perhaps its more cost effective or something. Ive seen the figures for cost of recruitment to the psni on here somewhere and its pretty astronomical to say the least.

PYG's right. Consensia used to be responsible for carrying out the medicals, but PSNI took over in the last campaign.

Consensia are now only responsible for the Initial Selection Tests and Assessment Centres (and all associated correspondence).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Hey guys,

Done my A/C on July 10th. Got my Vetting forms today, July 24th. Exactly 2 weeks :)

I would have been ecstatic only the consensia guy pre-empted my bubble and bust it by saying it doesnt mean we've passed.

Anyhow, I'll fill this brute in and send it off and hope for the best.

One more thing - how did you guys send your vetting forms? It says that a first class stamp won't cover it. Recorded delivery? or just pepper the envelope with stamps.... probably a daft question.

top tips I have gleaned from other boardsies -
    photocopy your vetting forms, hopefully you wont need them next year but just in case....

Also, send it recorded delivery. Its full of sensitive info, you want to make sure it gets there!

Hope this helps. And congrats by the way!
    MrFug wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Done my A/C on July 10th. Got my Vetting forms today, July 24th. Exactly 2 weeks :)

I would have been ecstatic only the consensia guy pre-empted my bubble and bust it by saying it doesnt mean we've passed.

Anyhow, I'll fill this brute in and send it off and hope for the best.

One more thing - how did you guys send your vetting forms? It says that a first class stamp won't cover it. Recorded delivery? or just pepper the envelope with stamps.... probably a daft question.

I send mine recorded next day delievery it cost £4.50, but worth it considering the information about yourself contain on the forms. The last thing you want is for them to go missing.

Congrats on passing A/C!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shaz200828

Thanks everyone for the congrats and Congratulations to PYG and everyone else who got there letters days!! Sorry only relpying now went out to celebrate and bought a new car lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

got my official confirmation letter as well today.

i've always been of the opinion you cant believe a word consensia tell you unless its in writing, so for all those that havent got letters or vetting forms yet, don't panic!

congrats to everyone else who is feeling a sense of relief at the minute! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

hey guys

got a letter today too to say i passed AC, im soooo happy

only thing is, im in the same boat i have no recieved any vetting forms, this is worring me

im not thinking i dont have a high enough merit number to recieve the vetting forms

i dont know, i guess you always think the worst

anyone any ideas

and well done to everyone!!!!

p.s. anyway of finding out your merit number sooner? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

shelley, honestly i wouldnt worry to much, its not over til the fat lady sings as they say.

this is my third campaign, and every time something goes wrong with the overall process and you hear a million different stories as to why. until you get something in writing confirming the worst then dont worry and pay no heed to all the tales that are being told.

hey guys

got a letter today too to say i passed AC, im soooo happy

only thing is, im in the same boat i have no recieved any vetting forms, this is worring me

im not thinking i dont have a high enough merit number to recieve the vetting forms

i dont know, i guess you always think the worst

anyone any ideas

and well done to everyone!!!!

p.s. anyway of finding out your merit number sooner? lol

Congrats on passing the A/C! :D

I got my vetting forms fairly quickly in the last campaign, but was ultimately unsuccessful. There were plently of people on this board who had to wait a lot longer for their vetting forms to arrive, but have since been invited for training.

It's too early to worry about who has the forms and who doesn't. You've passed the second hardest part of the recruitment process, now for the waiting (that's the hardest bit). Congrats again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

hey guys got news passed today, wasnt expectin a letter until 30th but that doesnt really matter does it :) well done to everyone else who passed and good luck to all the folks still to sit there....yehawwww!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Everyone is doing well on here, must be all the good advice.

where is that young chap ciaran, he was a regular poster and now hes vanished into thin air. I remember he said the IST would be easy its just the AC he was worried about. Wonder how he got on with it all?

where is that young chap ciaran, he was a regular poster and now hes vanished into thin air. I remember he said the IST would be easy its just the AC he was worried about. Wonder how he got on with it all?

Fickle posters may come and and go but MGH will be here forever ( probably )

I am soooooo worried now you are all getting letters of passing and Vetting and I have still to do my AC:(

The pressure is mounting and I am seriously bricking it

And the positive run continues! My wife called. I got my pass letter through today as well. :D:D:D:D

So far it's 100% for the Boardies.

carlty888 wrote: »
    And the positive run continues! My wife called. I got my pass letter through today as well. :D:D:D:D

So far it's 100% for the Boardies.

big congrats cartly888, brill news hpefully this is the campaign for you:)

Fickle posters may come and and go but MGH will be here forever ( probably )

I am soooooo worried now you are all getting letters of passing and Vetting and I have still to do my AC:(

The pressure is mounting and I am seriously bricking it

im sure you do feel that the prssure is mounting, but if anything i think you be postitive through this, everyone on the board so far has had a 100% pass rate! just remember all the tips, advice you have received and go out and give it your all, we'l all be rooting for ya:)

i was worried about vetting forms, but through all the advice i have received im no longer worried and just gona take it as it comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Well done to all of you who have got their pass letters. The next biggy is the medical. Its a pity that all the assessment centres wer'nt finished, you could have got your merit placing and it woud give you a good idea if you where to get a place or not.
    One pointer i'll give you guys who get the medical, make sure you check your BMI (Body mass indicator - see consensia website). If you google BMI, there are quite a few websites that if you put your height and weight (Fully clothed - no shoes) in, it will tell you your BMI. I think it needs to be below 30.

Wanalaugh

• Advertisement

Just got home from work got my pass letter today too!!

Consensia seem to be on the ball this time round or have I spoke to soon???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Sorry to revisit this tired old topic but...

Has anyone heard of a case before of someone getting vetting forms and NOT passing the A/C ?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

Congradulations to all those who got their AC results this week :D

For all us stragglers still waiting to do ours, all the best in the coming weeks :pac: Mine's tomorrow actually. I'm running about the house like a headless chicken trying to find the invitation letter, it ain't looking good. Thought I was better organised than this..:(:(

Haven't posted in a while, btw, was away on holiday. Was fun though, looking over the posts from the last 10 days or so...you're the nicest bunch of mad people I know:D :D:D

Sorry to revisit this tired old topic but...

Has anyone heard of a case before of someone getting vetting forms and NOT passing the A/C ?

Thanks.

I haven't heard of this either. The PSNI are under pressure to cut the costs associated with recruitment. Sending vetting forms to someone who hasn't passed the A/C just wouldn't make any sense.

It's probably safe to say that if someone has received vetting forms, they have passed the A/C. It's not necessarily confirmation of a high score however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

Passed again :D Hope I don't have to hoof it all the way to the medical again though and get in for 13. Can't wait to see breakdown and find out if I did better this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement