Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

MrFug wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Yes it says that vetting is commenced on successful completion of the A/C, however receiving and returning vetting forms doesn't mean that the PSNI will commence processing them. I think they are just getting all forms in early to expediate the next stage. The consensia guy at the A/C said something similar to this.

The PSNI have been under pressure about the costs associated with recruitment. I think it would be highly unlikely that they would therefore perform the needless task of sending out vetting forms to people who fail the A/C. This still costs them money, whether it's processed or not.

If the exercise is about speeding things up, why are there still plenty of people who know that they have passed the A/C yet to receive forms?

The PSNI know from experience what range of A/C scores will stand a chance of being well placed on the merit list. It makes sense that vetting forms could be sent out to people with high scores.

I know I have a personal interest in this theory, but if anyone else has a more logical one, please share it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

What DVD ? I never got a DVD!!:mad:
    PYG,

you can borrow mine. It's not an epic masterpiece but it just gives a little more of an insight into what you're letting yourself in for. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

carlty888 wrote: »
    The PSNI have been under pressure about the costs associated with recruitment. I think it would be highly unlikely that they would therefore perform the needless task of sending out vetting forms to people who fail the A/C. This still costs them money, whether it's processed or not.

If the exercise is about speeding things up, why are there still plenty of people who know that they have passed the A/C yet to receive forms?

The PSNI know from experience what range of A/C scores will stand a chance of being well placed on the merit list. It makes sense that vetting forms could be sent out to people with high scores.

I know I have a personal interest in this theory, but if anyone else has a more logical one, please share it.

Well I really do hope your theory is right, because I got mines like a lot of others here a few weeks after the A/C.

Personally, I left the A/C thinking I'd failed so I would be very surprised If I had acheived anywhere near a high-score. In fact I still don't know for sure if I've passed! I've almost assumed to have passed from what I've read in the forums which is a dangerous game lol. Big disappointment incoming? :D

P.S This never occurred to be before but, are the majority of people on the forum from Southern Ireland?

Well I really do hope your theory is right, because I got mines like a lot of others here a few weeks after the A/C.

Personally, I left the A/C thinking I'd failed so I would be very surprised If I had acheived anywhere near a high-score. In fact I still don't know for sure if I've passed! I've almost assumed to have passed from what I've read in the forums which is a dangerous game lol. Big disappointment incoming? :D

P.S This never occurred to be before but, are the majority of people on the forum from Southern Ireland?

This could be one of those things were only time will tell. Although I really hope I'm right too.

Last year it was only the top x% that got vetted. The forms didn't arrive I until after all the A/C pass/fail letters came out. Do PSNI keep changing things to confuse the boardies?

I think that in the early days most boardies were from the south, but as word got round about the site more and more northerners have hijacked it. Can you blame us? It's an excellent resource!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Par827 wrote: »
    PYG,

you can borrow mine. It's not an epic masterpiece but it just gives a little more of an insight into what you're letting yourself in for. :)

Thanks. We never got a DVD at our AC- another inconsistency(?) on consensias behalf!:mad::mad: They should be ashamed ASHAMED i tell you!!!!!

Thanks. We never got a DVD at our AC- another inconsistency(?) on consensias behalf!:mad::mad: They should be ashamed ASHAMED i tell you!!!!!

Maybe they very quickly compiled all the results and only gave a DVD to the high scorers? :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

For those who did not get a dvd here is a link to a few psni video's
    http://www.selectnipolice.org/indexREG.asp?id=video.asp

Maybe they very quickly compiled all the results and only gave a DVD to the high scorers? :p:p:p

Smartarse! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SFMCC

Hi All
    Got the letter from consensia on thursday and passed:) Was certain that I messed up but you just never know. So if campaign 13 doesn't work out I have another long wait for 14. Congratualtions to all who have passed and good luck to anyone still to do the AC's.
    SFMCC

• Advertisement

SFMCC wrote: »
    Hi All
    Got the letter from consensia on thursday and passed:) Was certain that I messed up but you just never know. So if campaign 13 doesn't work out I have another long wait for 14. Congratualtions to all who have passed and good luck to anyone still to do the AC's.
    SFMCC

Congrats SFMCC
    I also got a pass letter on Thur, How long did it take for your letter to arrive? and have you had vetting forms yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Congrats SFMCC
    I also got a pass letter on Thur, How long did it take for your letter to arrive? and have you had vetting forms yet?

Gee, did you make the phonecall yet and if so how did you fare?

Gee, did you make the phonecall yet and if so how did you fare?

I did mmmm.....

Ok, she said everyone who completes the a/c recieves vetting forms.

So i asked when i would recieve vetting forms, as i did the a/c over 6 weeks ago. She said if i dont get them within a week to phone back.

I then asked does it have any bearing when you get the forms ie the sooner you get them the higher score you got at the a/c and she said she did not know the PSNI deal with the vetting forms. mmmmmm.......

So its as clear as mud.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Knew they would say something like that. Its the psni who send them out so she probably doesnt know what is going on. You should ring the psni and see whats happening. But I would say its likely top scorers got them first, theres a reason only certain people get them earlier, its not just randomly sent out.

Thought you would say that.
    Does that mean there is no hope for those of us who have not got vetting forms after passing the a/c 6 weeks ago?

Does that mean there is no hope for those of us who have not got vetting forms after passing the a/c 6 weeks ago?

I'm hoping not but I think you have to be realistic about all of this.

And none of this is making me feel any better about having to do my AC.

:(

I'll be gutted if I dont get Vetting within 6 weeks of AC

• Advertisement

Definately not. I got vetting forms before a lot of people in C13. A number of them have since been invited to training while I got a "Dear John" letter.

I'm hoping not but I think you have to be realistic about all of this.

And none of this is making me feel any better about having to do my AC.

:(

I'll be gutted if I dont get Vetting within 6 weeks of AC

When is your a/c?

When is your a/c?

Without being too specific, 2nd week in August

Keeking myself:eek:

Definately not. I got vetting forms before a lot of people in C13. A number of them have since been invited to training while I got a "Dear John" letter.

Thanks, that gives us all glimmer of hope to hang on to.;)

lol, you will be grand once you get started and into the zone...

• Advertisement

Thanks, that gives us all glimmer of hope to hang on to.;)

It ain't over until the PSNI tell you so. Those of us who have received the vetting forms can still be knocked out of contention by vetting, medicals, 50:50 or by those still to sit the A/C.

It's still to be confirmed that those who have received the vetting forms have scored high. So far it's all just theories and rumours. Why can't we have a straightforward recruitment process? :(

That's not long now. You'll do fine.

That's not long now. You'll do fine.

Jaysus I hope so.
    Worried about nerves getting the better of me and bursting into giggles

Jaysus I hope so.
    Worried about nerves getting the better of me and bursting into giggles

Just think of the role plays as being part of your everyday job. Try not to think of it as a test. These people have a problem and they are looking to you for guidance. Focus on the person and the problem, not the assessors.

Just think of the role plays as being part of your everyday job. Try not to think of it as a test. These people have a problem and they are looking to you for guidance. Focus on the person and the problem, not the assessors.

I'll pop a wee valium about an hour beforehand and wooooohooooo, nothing will be a problem....:p

Congrats Gee-28
    Got my pass letter 4 weeks to the day after AC's. Haven't received vetting forms but not to worried as from what I hear my vetting from campaign 13 lasts a year (May09).
    Just hoping for a better merit score.
    SFMCC

Hi All
    Just got the call from appointments I start in september:)
    This is for campaign 13
    Hope you all get the call
    SFMCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Hi All
    This is for campaign 13
    SFMCC

Congrats mate well done!!! Guess you must be over ther moon!!!

Thanks Mate
    Haven't stopped shaking - Just handed in my notice, they aren't very happy to say the least.
    SFMCC

Hi All
    This is for campaign 13
    SFMCC

Lucky b****** lol :D

Congrat's SFMCC. Thats the news we all dream about.

At least that clears one more space for us in c14. ha

• Advertisement

Lucky b****** lol :D

Congrat's SFMCC. Thats the news we all dream about.

At least that clears one more space for us in c14. ha

I hadn't actually thought of that! :D

SFMCC - Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Well done mate:)

hey again folks,

Got my pass letter today :yipee:

Anyway, that's vetting received 2 weeks after A/C, and the pass letter 3 weeks after. So thing's seem to be moving this campaign. :) I just need to find two referees.... I'm surprised at how few 'respectable people' i know lol.

Congrats to those who got "The Call". It's a unique acheivement so very well done, although my insane jealousy only lets me feel so happy for you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 William 100

Great news SFMCC, you must be delighted. Heres hoping its a good start for everyone on the boards with regards to good news! I myself being one of the C14 candidates have the long wait still to come unfortunately, but at least we have each other chat to in that respect.

Congrats to all the rest of you who have passed the ac by the way, it seems to have been a busy week for pass letters. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

well done sfmcc

Roll on sept mate. I am sure you are relieved the longggggggggggggggg process is over.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Well done SFMCC!! best of luck for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

Pass letter arrived today, says results from a/c won't be out til November and PSNI won't be in contact until Sep.

No vetting forms yet though, and I know others from the same a/c date got theirs. Oh well, the wait starts.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

Hello all,

Haven't had anything to contribute to the forum for a while.... A/C test on 27 June (5wks ago this coming friday), no vetting forms or pass/fail letter, feeling a bit left out......awww.....sob, sob.....

Just keeping fingers crossed.

Anyone in a similar position?

ps...:) Congrats to all the passes so far!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

Hi all,

The agonisingly painful wait for my results was ended today and i passed!!!

i thought i might have when i received my vetting forms but then started to panic when people who had done their test after me had received their results!!

I'm really over the moon have never gotten this far in the process before :D happy as a pig in....

well done to all the others who have received their pass letters

• Advertisement

God you lot are alll miles ahead of me, I still have 2 weeks to go til my AC and you are getting letters and vetting and and and......

*sobs for dramatic effect*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

MGH just keep thinking they are saving the best for last ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

passed my AC! Just need to complete vetting forms, then wait patiently!

Fo wrote: »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big drinkies for you!!! LOL
    Just PM'd you hun!

Griffer2 wrote: »
    MGH just keep thinking they are saving the best for last ;)

Dont know about that but I appreciate the sentiment ;)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big drinkies for you!!! LOL
    Just PM'd you hun!

Thanks Hun!! X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Many Congratulations, but be prepared for a wait that may try your patience!!

I passed my AC last November and only today got told that I am in Septembers intake...And there are many waiting still for October November and December intakes!

Hopefully you are well up the Merit list and will not have the agony of a long uninformed wait!

I passed my AC last November and only today got told that I am in Septembers intake...And there are many waiting still for October November and December intakes!

Hopefully you are well up the Merit list and will not have the agony of a long uninformed wait!

To be honest, I dont think that being well up on the merit list secures you a place any quicker, there could be Vetting to come through, they could be balancing the squads out M/F and RC/non RC

If it did work like that it would be great....but nothing about this seems simple....pity:D

Hi New Recruit! Yeah, it seems that patience is something that really gets tested during this whole process!!!!

Congratulations on getting in!!! :)

I been pining after this job since I was 18, my 3rd campaign, previously never getting further than IST, so u can imagine how chuffed I am to get further this time!

I reckon it was either going to my ex's SRN or his passing out ceremony which really made me wanna join.

I'm patient enough, I'll apply another 10 times if I have to!!!

I been pining after this job since I was 18, my 3rd campaign, previously never getting further than IST, so u can imagine how chuffed I am to get further this time!

You're going all the way in C14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Hi New Recruit! Yeah, it seems that patience is something that really gets tested during this whole process!!!!

Congratulations on getting in!!! :)

I reckon it was either going to my ex's SRN or his passing out ceremony which really made me wanna join.

I'm patient enough, I'll apply another 10 times if I have to!!!

I went to my sisters passing out a couple of years ago and that put the seed in my head.. I guess I have been lucky as C13 was only my second try having failed the initial test in C12..

Can't wait to start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement