Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

I went to my sisters passing out a couple of years ago and that put the seed in my head.. I guess I have been lucky as C13 was only my second try having failed the initial test in C12..

Can't wait to start.

Well done thats some achievement.

I wanna get in first time round but noooooooo chance methinks, treating this as a learning curve:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Well done thats some achievement.

I wanna get in first time round but noooooooo chance methinks, treating this as a learning curve:D
    That's a good attitude because your not getting hopes up too high, but will still be elated when you do get it!! (NB:When not If)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dub2008

New on here and have AC in 3 days.

Does anyone else agree that it is pretty difficult to 'study' for this. It's weird when I've done other interviews I'd have an idea of stuff to prepare or read up but find I can't really do anything for this. Is this only me?

Great info on here btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

welcome dub2008! And good luck for your AC.

To prepare for the roleplays I read over the relevant chapter in "How to pass the new police selection system" by Harry Tolley, Billy Hodge & Catherine Tolley.

I also practiced some scenarios with a friend (ask someone who won't giggle, you need to focus or it's useless waste of time).

And remember what your being assessed on are the core competancies that are on the green sheet of paper you received with your letter inviting you to the AC.

Hope this helps!

Fo x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 --thepirate--

Hi all:D

Just had my A/C monday.Dont think it went too good but its my first time so on a positive view its good experience for next time:)Got through the roleplays ok but not sure if I did any good.I thought I seriously let myself down for the situational interview.I mean I know I could have and definatly should have done better.But hey I gave it my best shot at the time,like now I think back to stuff I should have said/done but at the time I did my best.So heres to 'waiting' and praying its a pass leter but wont be overly sad if its not as I can look upon this A/C as valuable experience for again:D

To end on a positive note,best of luck to all who have passed and fingers crossed for all us waiting.
    The dream is still alive:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SFMCC

Hi the pirate
    I was in the same position as you for both campaign 13 and 14, thinking it went rubbish and I didn't say enough. I passed both times and got accepted for camapign 13, so don't think negative you just never know what way this process will go.

Well done to new recruit and everyone else who got he call for september
    SFMCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

Hi just for a bit of information for those waiting/wondering about results. I had my AC on the 8th. I received my vetting forms last Friday and I got a letter yesterday from Consensia to say I passed the AC and that I would be hearing from the PSNI in September time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 --thepirate--

Congrats Pablissimo:Dsay your delighted.
    True SMFCC I suppose its best to remain confident and hope for the best.
    Just hope I dont have to wait too long:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JulieBelfast84

Hey guys and gals.... really starting to worry now reading over the threads and everyone gettin vetting forms and pass letters so soon.. i will have done my A/C 6 weeks this friday and still havent heard anything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

They said it would take 6 weeks so it probably will or even a little longer. Dont worry about it

• Advertisement

Yeah hope so.. just makin me uneasy people getting vetting forms after 2 weeks.. aww well this is my first time so ill just keep at it either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Yeah hope so.. just makin me uneasy people getting vetting forms after 2 weeks.. aww well this is my first time so ill just keep at it either way.

Don't worry my mate had to wait 12 weeks the last time before he got his letter and he passed

Thanks owen... makes me feel a bit better!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hpa

Still havent heard anything about my AC did it at the start of June. I called Consensia on monday and the girl as good as told me the letter was in the post, called again today and the girl i got told me that it had not been processed yet hard to know whats going on. Starting to get worried

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

hpa wrote: »
    Still havent heard anything about my AC did it at the start of June. I called Consensia on monday and the girl as good as told me the letter was in the post, called again today and the girl i got told me that it had not been processed yet hard to know whats going on. Starting to get worried

Fear not HPA, they will not have lost your details...This whole process takes forever. I did my AC on the 3rd November last year and just got the call to start training in September yesterday.....Nil Desperandum:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

does anyone know of anyone who has failed the AC?

nearly evryone who is on the forums have either got a pass letter or are still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Hey guys and gals.... really starting to worry now reading over the threads and everyone gettin vetting forms and pass letters so soon.. i will have done my A/C 6 weeks this friday and still havent heard anything :(

Try not to worry. I got my pass letter 6 weeks after the a/c. Its been 7 weeks now and i still have no vetting forms....... were as a friend of mine recieved vetting forms 2 weeks after his a/c but has no got a pass letter yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

Hello all, I was on my hols there for a few weeks. Not that I was missed or anything! Just got letter this week saying I passed the AC. Got letter after 24 days (incl wknds!) So do people usually get vetting forms soon? SOme guys here got vetting forms before the pass confirmation letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dub2008

Fo wrote: »
    welcome dub2008! And good luck for your AC.

To prepare for the roleplays I read over the relevant chapter in "How to pass the new police selection system" by Harry Tolley, Billy Hodge & Catherine Tolley.

I also practiced some scenarios with a friend (ask someone who won't giggle, you need to focus or it's useless waste of time).

And remember what your being assessed on are the core competancies that are on the green sheet of paper you received with your letter inviting you to the AC.

Hope this helps!

Fo x

Thanks for the info. Seemed to go pretty OK but hard to know. Time flew by today to be honest. Only 6 out of 10 scheduled to turn up did - is that unusual or pretty regular? Makes you realise why they need more than you would think to go to the AC.

Still think it's strange they don't interview as you along the way but never mind maybe it's a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

Hey all, did my AC there about a week ago. Wasn't too fond of the roleplays, but i'm fairly confident about the written part, and I was in my element in the interview :D. Only another what, five weeks 'til the results come out..:( Wish I had been in the first group of people to do it like PYG and Inspector, all the waiting would've been over by now:( lol.

I got the nicest bunch of people in my AC. Plenty of them were serving cops in other UK forces, hoping to move back home to Norn Iron!!

Anyway...congrats to those who've passed, there doesn't seem to be many boardsies failing it?:)

Hurry up, results letter:rolleyes: i'm going to get to know the postman very well in the next month lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

doug-26 wrote: »
    Hey all, did my AC there about a week ago. Wasn't too fond of the roleplays, but i'm fairly confident about the written part, and I was in my element in the interview :D. Only another what, five weeks 'til the results come out..:( Wish I had been in the first group of people to do it like PYG and Inspector, all the waiting would've been over by now:( lol.

I got the nicest bunch of people in my AC. Plenty of them were serving cops in other UK forces, hoping to move back home to Norn Iron!!

Anyway...congrats to those who've passed, there doesn't seem to be many boardsies failing it?:)

Hurry up, results letter:rolleyes: i'm going to get to know the postman very well in the next month lol:D

lolol it wont be long before you craic about geting your results.. least you have it over you, it is one big releif:) you would think that police offficers from other forces in the uk would be able to transfer straight into the P.S.N.I!

p.s dont shoot the postman whatever you do:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

manaka wrote: »
    Hello all, I was on my hols there for a few weeks. Not that I was missed or anything! Just got letter this week saying I passed the AC. Got letter after 24 days (incl wknds!) So do people usually get vetting forms soon? SOme guys here got vetting forms before the pass confirmation letter?

People are getting pass letters and vetting forms at lots of different stages. Every one has a different story to tell about this stage -so pull up a seat, buckle up and enjoy the ride:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I'm still waiting!
    Just a different kind of waiting now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

given1 wrote: »
    you would think that police offficers from other forces in the uk would be able to transfer straight into the P.S.N.I!

i think you can only transfer from another force if you are a sergeant or higher at the moment, as far as i know its in order to close the back door to a way around 50/50. should go back to normal in 2010 when i think 50/50 is due to finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

Got the dreaded a/c fail letter in the post today.

Looking forward to getting the feedback in November.

Best of luck to all boardsies in their quest.

Will drop a line every so often to see how things progress for those still in the running.

Roll on C15!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

pathway wrote: »

Will drop a line every so often to see how things progress for those still in the running.

Awh poor you, bet you only missed it by 1 mark.

Your feed back will help you for C15.

Sorry to hear that pathway. Hopefully C15 will bring better news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Sorry to hear that. You'll be much better prepared for next year. I've still mine to do, but will probably be joining you in C15, have to look at first time as trial run methinks!

Got my fail letter today, to be honest i knew it was coming after waiting so long

Sorry to hear you failed. Bet you're annoyed. As i said to pathway, use your feedback to improve for next year. Did the letter jsut say fail of did it give a score?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

Hey all, I've been away for a while. Sorry to hear you didn't get the AC Pathway but theres always next time,I'll probably be seeing you in C15 - my AC is next week.

MrsGeneHunt I see you have a thread for girls, hmm think I'll steer away from that, all those hormones flying around and all that - could be dangerous to us chaps lol.;) Have you done your AC yet?

The letter just says sorry you have not made the grade and then it mentions the feedback letter coming in november

Hard luck guys for not passing. Really sorry to hear you got the dreaded letter. Hope you persevere and apply again next time around. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

sorry to hear the bad news but chin up, it'll not be long til next time and yous can use the experience!

where you at in the campaign inspector71? All going smoothly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rugby_blonde

Hi There,

New to the forum, Been reading up lots..

I'm in the position of having recieved my Pass Letter for the A/C but nothing else, No Vetting Forms..

Friend got the Good News from Campaign 13! Well pleased for him, Just hope its me next! Anyone else in my position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Dear John..Sorry to hear :-(

Sorry to hear you didn't pass the A/C folks. But you only fail if you don't try! The next time you apply your experience of this application will help you greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Very sorry to hear the news guys.

I didn't pass my first A/C in C12, so I know how you feel. :(

As a lot of people have already said, keep the chin up, and come back stronger in C15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

did my ac last week and and got my pass letter this moring. well pleased:D

thats just slightly quicker than the 3month wait at C13:rolleyes:

conor123 wrote: »
    did my ac last week and and got my pass letter this moring. well pleased:D

thats just slightly quicker than the 3month wait at C13:rolleyes:

Well done Conor!!! Lets hope the vetting is as quick!!!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about Pathway and HPA, chin up chaps it'll still be here next year!:D

I got my pass letter in the post this morning - I opened it, read it, but it didn't click with me that 'successfully completed' meant passed until just now! Lol, quite pleased :D:D

Congratulations Conor. Consensia seem to be speeding up with the pass/fail letters. This is good news for MGH! :D

Sorry to hear about Pathway and HPA, chin up chaps it'll still be here next year!:D

I got my pass letter in the post this morning - I opened it, read it, but it didn't click with me that 'successfully completed' meant passed until just now! Lol, quite pleased :D:D

And congratulations to you too. :D I'm glad the penny dropped. :D

carlty888 wrote: »
    And congratulations to you too. :D I'm glad the penny dropped. :D
    Cheers Carlty! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

:D im delighted to say I got a pass letter in the post today and 'they' will be in touch shortly. Very sorry to those who didnt make it yet and hope your not discouraged from future efforts. :cool:

However, all I got was a pass letter to say well done but no sign of vetting forms yet. I done my AC only 10 days ago so I know its early days but I dont know what to make of it. Going by most others responses everyone seemed to get Vetting forms, so this has kinda threw a spanner in the works.
    I wonder is it a good sign or bad sign?
    Discuss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

tangovictor firstly very well done.id advise waiting it out a few more weeks on the vetting.still very early days.

:D im delighted to say I got a pass letter in the post today and 'they' will be in touch shortly. Very sorry to those who didnt make it yet and hope your not discouraged from future efforts. :cool:

However, all I got was a pass letter to say well done but no sign of vetting forms yet. I done my AC only 10 days ago so I know its early days but I dont know what to make of it. Going by most others responses everyone seemed to get Vetting forms, so this has kinda threw a spanner in the works.
    Discuss...

Congratulations TV! I'm in the same situation as you, did the AC not so long ago, passed today, but no vetting..

In my letter it said "it is unlikely that you will be contacted before september 2008"; the Consensia people said that the PSNI would take it from here on in. But people have gotten pass letters & no vetting forms until months after.. D'oh.... I don't know what the craic is, it boggles my brain to try and understand the whole thing!:confused:

Best just to wait it out, as Belfastard said before me :D nobody said this would be a short process!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

alright guys.is the last ac on friday?is it the last of the bunch or do u know of any others after that. Cheers

I dont know what way consensia/PSNI are working things but this is how it went for me:

AC-Monday 9th June
    Received Vetting Forms- Saturday 21st June
    Posted them back- Wednesday 25th June
    Ac pass letter- Thurs 24th July

Some people have said only the high scorers have received vetting but i dont know.

All the best anyway folks

• Advertisement

Going by most others responses everyone seemed to get Vetting forms, so this has kinda threw a spanner in the works.

Firstly, congratulations on successfully getting through the A/C.

I wouldn't worry about not receiving vetting forms at this point. The people who have got them had to wait at least a fortnight. There are also plenty of people I know who haven't received them at all. Noone seems to know if receiving them is actually a good sign or not.

Advertisement