Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

How do we go about finding out our merit number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭aeternus

Got an A, at least 3 sections A* that I tthought I'd failed. Just goes to show you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

tony1985 wrote: »
    Deloitte don't send them. Contact occupational health and wellbeing

Is there a contact number or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Got an A* 84-87%
    Not posting the correct score out of sensibility

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭psni_lad

I passed did well in most stages. Didn't do well in last part though but knew that was the case. Well done everyone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

As predicted then, the highest scorers were contacted first. Then 2nd highest last month and now it seems the rest today. Going by this breakdown etc, it seems the first batch will be top of the merit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Elorfanato

I got a C so this is the end of the road for me. I found these results very strange. All the sections I thought I did well in I did really badly yet the section I thought I did really poorly in I got my highest score.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Babybuns

Elorfanato wrote: »
    I got a C so this is the end of the road for me. I found these results very strange. All the sections I thought I did well in I did really badly yet the section I thought I did really poorly in I got my highest score.

End of road for me too good luck to everybody in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Belfastm wrote: »
    As predicted then, the highest scorers were contacted first. Then 2nd highest last month and now it seems the rest today. Going by this breakdown etc, it seems the first batch will be top of the merit list.

Actually there's people who were in the second batch and have scored better than me. My score was an A, but there's few better than me but I'm guessing their AC was after mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

I presume if you received a C grade then you have failed as the email states that you need a B or above to progress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 CJ092

Dear John here, off by 2%. Gutted to say the least.

Belfastm wrote: »
    I presume if you received a C grade then you have failed as the email states that you need a B or above to progress.

Yep the email says "I am sorry to tell you that on this occasion you did not achieve the score required to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process."

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Missed out by three percent. The results were what I expected, I just blew it with one of the role plays.

It was my first time applying so I will be more prepared for the next time, hopefully not too far in the future.

Well done and good luck to everybody who passed and are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Joe_Bloggsy

Im out :( . Good luck to everyone thats passed

How can we find merit order folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

student15 wrote: »
    How can we find merit order folks?

Someone needs to volunteer themselves to ring Deloitte or appointments lol...

Maverick89 wrote: »
    Someone needs to volunteer themselves to ring Deloitte or appointments lol...

If I knew the number I would ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TDA2

All A's except my 2 action plans where E's. Brought me down to 59%. Gutted

Know report writing is not my strong point but ummm I'm confused. If my interviews went well my action plan should have been ok.

So why could I not have been told last month that I'm a failure?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carrie1985

I'm out too guys :( by 7%.

Got b's in role plays (shocker!!) But d's in written sections... And that's my strength!

Good luck to everyone progressing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I had the delay email and got emailed about a hour ago - pass but B grade so I'm not sure how high I'll be on their merit list. Like everyone else I would like to know my number. Pleased I passed as I thought I had a disastrous AC. I know what I have to do now to improve my mark for the next recruitment. Doubt I've done well enough for a place this year but still v pleased to get the email all the same!

Congrats to everyone else who passed. For those who missed, I may well see you next time round anyways, chin up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Sgt Hooks

I passed by the skin of my teeth! :-) Currently in Tunisia so off to the bar!!
    Congrats to everyone who passed and to those who didn't...keep trying!! Looks like the next campaign won't be far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

Thats me passed havent time to look at my breakdown as im heading to work

I, like most people, am extremely disappointed in this whole process. I scored 53% which is, in my opinion, a pretty awful score. It would have been clear from the outset that I would not be progressing to the next stage. Yet they still felt the need to give me a delay email and made me wait a ridiculous amount of time to tell me something which they have known for a long time. The whole process was an absolute farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

I too was skin of my teeth. Knew I would be so not expecting much from the old merit if I pass the others when the come about lol

VES86 wrote: »
    I too was skin of my teeth. Knew I would be so not expecting much from the old merit if I pass the others when the come about lol

Still confused as to who we can contact for our merit listing

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Natascha2013

Passed...but just so I'm not sure either how I'll rank on the merit list.

It states they're taking a max of 378 from this competition so unless loads are unfit or have colourful backgrounds I'm not sure this will be my year.

Wonder how many got through to PCA in total, any guesses??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sapphire101

Dear john. Gutted wouldn't even describe how I feel right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

There have already been loads of fails from the PCA's already. Out of 100 60 failed. And vetting will get a few and drugs misuse as well.

I'm staying positive that I will get a place at GV.....

Merit list won't be told until people are through the next 5 steps

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

oztop1234 wrote: »
    There have already been loads of fails from the PCA's already. Out of 100 60 failed. And vetting will get a few and drugs misuse as well.

Yes i heard this too, stacks of people failing pca, i got 67% and i am staying totally positive, hitting the gym tonight big style!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

oztop1234 wrote: »

60 out of 100 did NOT fail PCA! That figure is from previous campaigns when you completed a PCA after securing your place! Passing a physical is essential to securing a place this time so most candidates have trained accordingly! I would be shocked if more than 20/30 out of 100 failed PCA

Advertisement